• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 09:09 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Games - Day 1

Started by tomcat, Jun 06, 2019, 06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: I don't understand the question.

Bracket one has all 24 competitors that entered the log hurl and wood-splitting competitions. Your rolls are between the two clans that I assigned you to determine who moves on to the next bracket.

So I see you have two Woodland Hall winners and one Woodmen-town. You also have two individuals that need to make as second roll to check for injuries. As to what their names are and the events that they won in is for you to write in your narrative, like Paul and I have done.

Once we get through the first bracket, I will determine how we'll roll bracket 2 as it is now made up of multiple villages.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: oohhhh ok. I thought everyone was paired off or each bracket was one contestant from each village the winners of which would move to the next round.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Injuries
Wt1
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10

Rolled 3d6 : 5, 5, 1, total 11

Wh3
Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7

Rolled 3d6 : 1, 2, 2, total 5
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

Mountain Hall Log Toss/Split
1-
Rolled 1d4+2 : 3 + 2, total 5

2-
Rolled 1d4+2 : 4 + 2, total 6

3-

The Carrock Log Toss/Split
1-

2-

3-
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Appears as though Mountain Hall and The Carrock folk brought their A-game.

Mountain Hall Log Toss/Split
1-  1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 5d6-3 : 2, 1, 6, 6, 2 - 3, total 14

2-  1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 6d6-3 : 4, 2, 3, 5, 5, 5 - 3, total 21

3-  1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 6d6-3 : 3, 1, 5, 6, 6, 1 - 3, total 19

The Carrock Log Toss/Split
1-  1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 6d6-3 : 3, 1, 6, 1, 6, 5 - 3, total 19

2-  1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 5d6-3 : 1, 3, 5, 4, 3 - 3, total 13

3-  1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 5d6-3 : 5, 5, 4, 4, 6 - 3, total 21

Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

Mountain Hall Injury
1-  1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 5d6-3 : 6, 4, 5, 4, 1 - 3, total 17
Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

Jun 09, 2019, 04:57 AM #21 Last Edit: Jun 09, 2019, 05:14 AM by GandalfOfBorg
"The mood was high amongst the Mountain Hall and Beornings of the Carrock.  This year appears to have sprouted the best competitors in the two clans in many a year.  By all appearances the men representing their people could've been related if not brothers, where in fact the first pair were cousins.  With such prowess and mighty thews, the six were off hauling and swinging.  The cousins in the first group had the largest crowd cheering as their family all came to see the spectacle.  But none expected smallest one of the bunch to out-toss and -swing the rest for Baldo Rockspur bested all in the group by a wide margin, his Beorning competitor falling way behind even the others.  Soon after Ulric the Mean... oh hullo Ulric... uh, I meant to say Ulric the Kind-hearted, Ulric the Just... Whew!  Well Ulric broke though his log with a mighty yell.  Still though the best duel was between cousins.  Blow for blow they went at it *whack* *whack*, *whack* *whack*, and not just the family was cheering them on but the whole crowd and more so still piled in.  Soon it came to the end and the crowd was raucous, all could see it would come down to the last blow.  With a great wind up, the cousins reared back and swung .... One blade went through and the other broke his haft.  The winner this day for the Feldon of the Beorning Clefts.  Hardon Cleft of Mountain broke the remainder of the log with his bare hands in disgust but handed his cousin the broken haft as trophy."

Eosca wets his throat with draught of ale.  "My darlings, wait, there is more to this tale as you'll soon see, this is only round one..."
Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

Resigned to his role and nature here, Grimbeorn would speak of this to the leaders.  "Can't we have anything good for our peoples these days? An event as this is supposed to bring us together."

The laughing of the little ones brought him back as he saw his friend being pulled in to one of the games by his daughters and wife, no less.  This amused him, greatly so.  "Are you sure Arbogast? It is a big rock."
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

:ooc: that was awesome stuff, Matt!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: I will roll for the next set of competitions. If you guys would like to give narrative on the next set of challengers, that would be fantastic. to make sure clansmen are not facing their own in the second bracket, I will do the first three grouping against the second three grouping, and the third against the fourth.

Here we go!

Athelte 1 (WH) v Rignuth the Badger (BT)
Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 5d6 : 2, 6, 1, 2, 3, total 14

Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 5d6 : 6, 6, 4, 5, 3, total 24

Athelte 3 (WH) v Lucan (RL)
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 5d6 : 2, 4, 1, 6, 5, total 18

Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 5d6 : 4, 3, 1, 2, 3, total 13

Athelte 6 (WT) v Udele, daughter of Tova (BT)
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 5d6 : 1, 6, 4, 5, 6, total 22

Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 5d6 : 2, 5, 3, 1, 4, total 15

Ciron Three-finger (TT) v Feldon Cleft (TC)
Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 4d6-3 : 2, 6, 2, 2 - 3, total 9

Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 6d6-3 : 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 5 - 3, total 12

Garold Tomes (TT) v Baldo Rockspur (MH)
Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 6d6-3 : 4, 2, 4, 4, 1, 5 - 3, total 17

Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 6d6-3 : 4, 3, 2, 1, 5, 1 - 3, total 13

Ulfwin of the Mires (SD) v Ulric the Mean (TC)
Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 1, 1, total 3

Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 5d6-3 : 6, 5, 2, 1, 3 - 3, total 14

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, Tom was unable to give narrative before from the first bracket rolls, so I will make up the names of those that moved on.

We have a really close match between the Toft and the Carrock - not sure if Matt (or anyone) would like to spend a Hope to see if Feldon Cleft can pull off a victory against Ciron Three-finger! ;) So, I am leaving that bracket open and undetermined for the moment.

Ulfwin of the Mires pulled off a miracle victory against Ulric the Mean with his :g: !

Lastly, I have another injury to roll.

Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 5d6-3 : 4, 2, 1, 4, 2 - 3, total 10

tomcat

Jun 09, 2019, 08:09 AM #26 Last Edit: Jun 09, 2019, 08:12 AM by tomcat
An ox-horn sounded the return of the games and the competitors returned to their places on the field. The sun beat down from above and many of the men now were stripped to kilt, or leggings. Only Udele suffered the heat, as a woman it was not proper to bare her chest.

Again the rows were set and logs were placed in harnesses and again the athletes raced. It was an array of stunning wins and miserable defeats. Ulfwin of the Mires upset the larger and more powerful Ulric the Mean and the few folk of Sunstead that had made the journey went wild with delight.

Tormand of Woodmen-town set his feet and ran the length of the field so as to best the toss just made by Udele - the woman having thrown almost three lengths of her log. But Tormand tripped as he ran and his log tumbled forward, only to catch the soft earth. The man's full mass was driven into the log, at his chest, and there was a crack of bone. Tormand fell to the ground with labored breathe and the match went to the woman of Black Tarn.

In the rows, the last match up came and it was Feldon Cleft of the Beornings against Ciron Three-fingers of the Toft. Already tensions were high between the clans, as Garold Tomes had just beaten Baldo Rockspur of Mountain Hall and the Beornings were none to pleased to have another Toft-man move forward in the games.

The bell was struck and each man started down their row, wood splitting and cracking as they went! But who would win?

tomcat

:ooc: I am not sure how long this can last before it might become monotonous, but I am really enjoying the first game day. It is cool to see the clans move forward!

I am actually kind of anxious to see what happens with the last match up.

;D  :>  :SS

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Sure, I'll toss in a Hope.
Hope-  1d6 : 5, total 5

Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

"AAAAHHHHHH!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!! The crowd cheered, the crowd jeered... it was the last contest of this round and you know who was up next?  Feldon Cleft!  That's right the boy, nay man, right over here.  By this time Ulric had found his competitor and offered up a goblet to him --- who knew they'd be fast friends?  Maybe he'll share one with me... But I get away from myself and back to Feldon.  Fresh off a personal victory over his cousin, this Beorning strode forward to meet one who appeared to be more than his match, Ciron Three-finger.  Logs were hurled and the people were in awe for their distances were nigh identical and so they grabbed their faithful blades and chop away they did.  These logs did not give an inch to these great competitors but it was Ciron the first to bite and make progress.  Feldon never gave up and was on the heels of the Man of Tarn.  Soon he chipped away enough to catch up and they were swing for swing pacing each other again.  Then Feldon hit a knot deep within, lodging the head of his axe fast.  Those of the Carrock went silent and Ciron kept his pace and his grin grew.  Would this be the end of the Beornings so soon in the first competition?  Fear not, little one, Feldon did not let us down.  With a great heave, he broke the axe head free and shivered the log.  One more great swing brought it low and our hero advances on..."
Gwaithlim Weapons