• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 11:49 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Black Webs, Dark Heart

Started by tomcat, Feb 01, 2019, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: First we start with some tests:

TN 18 wisdom by PC
:00: Anar 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7

:00: Arbogast 1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 4d6 : 6, 4, 6, 4, total 20

:00: Grimbeorn 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 5d6 : 5, 3, 3, 5, 4, total 20

:00: Hathcyn 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Anar started up the path, even as Arbogast made his warning. The Dwarf did not seem to hear or heed, instead walking towards the sound of someone crying.

The others pursued after their companion - the two experienced with Mirkwood seemingly unaffected by the odd air - but Hathcyn and Anar had a sudden feeling of vertigo. It was as if the forest rolled, or they spun upon the ground on which they walked. It threw both off balance and Arbogast spoke in warning.

"Heed my voice! Do not lose yourselves!"

Down the trail, hanging between the great trunks of two trees was a woman laced in webs. Her face was one of terror and she cried out when she saw Anar.

"HELP ME! PLEASE! DO NOT LEAVE ME TO THIS DEATH!"

The Fire-watcher squinted at the visage and wondered if it were real, though his mind said yes. Still, the memories of before cried out in warning.

The Dwarf ran to where the woman hung and he shouted, "Fear not! We have come! I will have you out in no time."

He brought up his axe and swung it gingerly to cut the strong threads that bound her tight.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: two new tests...for Anar

TN 14 great axe 2d
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12

TN 14 athletics 2d
:00: 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9

tomcat

:ooc: RESULTS

• With a the 16 :%: :%: success, Anar fills the 3 success requirement to cut the woman free of the webs.
• With his 15 success, he does not become entangled himself.

Grimbeorn watched as Anar skillfully used his axe to slice the webbed cocoon from the larger net, and the woman tumbled free. Though she was still wrapped in webs, she no longer hung suspended between the trees.

Still, the Beorning and the Fire-watcher could see as black tendrils of web reached out to cling to the Dwarf. Unknowing to his danger, Anar pulled free with each swipe of his great axe.

They all now stood around the victim - she pushed herself free of the web, even as Anar finished cutting it away. "Thank you!" she cried. "Thank you!"

Telcontar

Hathcyn stormed in along side of the dwarf. Anar had the lead but the long strides of the man caught up with the dearf as he freed the women. He stopped and took a solid stance guarding both with his spear tip he faced the outwr circle and looked for the beast.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

"There is something off about this place," muttered Grimbeorn. "What do think Arbogast?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Arbogast nods in response.  "Watch out for anything amiss," he says. 

Addressing the newly-freed woman, he asks "What is your name, and from where do you hail?"
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: In case it isn't clear, Arbogast is trying to determine whether this woman is actually a survivor of the river boat or is a malicious phantasm.  He's assuming that Tylquin won't know many details about the lives of the Woodmen, so he'll ask for details to back up what she says, and will be looking for inconsistencies. 

If you need an Insight roll, have this one:
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Well shit, that's not good. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: whelp, now we are all doomed.....
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

They could see she was young and her eyes held terror, even as Anar released her from the binding webs. "I am Amaswinta, daughter of Amas, of Woodland Hall." Her voice trembled in fear, but also with the fact that she was now freed, "Please tell me you are real! Please do not be another lie of my eyes."

She rolled onto her knees and screwed her fists tightly into the wells of her eyes.

"We are real, girl," came the gruff reply of the Dwarf. "How did you find yourself to be here."

With her eyes still covered, "A boat...I was part of crew on a river-barge. We sought a passage to the East Bight via the Dusky. One of our own spoke of a lost river that runs through the Heart of Mirkwood and could maybe bring us to Sunstead. If we found it, we could win the gold of Ceawin! For such a passage would assure safer transit through the forest.

"I...the river was rough. I live but I fear all others have been lost."

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn only half listened to the conversation, more intent on paying attention to their surroundings.  He would not be taken by surprise or ambushed.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

"All were thought lost, yet here you are others there may be too. We aim to find them or know their fate."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

The woman's face went suddenly ashen, as a new memory pervaded her thoughts. "I remember now...the river seemed to rise against us and I watched as Everard was washed from the bow! And then we were thrust off the main stream and into a side tributary that led into the woods. We could not control our craft and soon it was foundering. A tree limb hanging low dragged me from my place and into the water...I barely reached the ball of roots that were near at hand. I was being pinned against root by the current...and then the horror came!"

Amaswinta began to panic on the ground. She scrambled backwards against her haunted memory, desperately looking around to see if the threat was real. It took the companions a short passage of time to calm her panic and get her to breath normally, once more. She now sat panting, "I felt its clawed legs pull me out of the water and haul me up into the tree. I never thought I would see day again, but then I was awake and suspended in a web...and now you are here.

"I cannot believe any others still live."

Telcontar

"We are here to acertain that lady."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear