• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:46 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Trails into Mirkwood

Started by tomcat, Jan 09, 2019, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

"Hold fast," he says to Anar, conveying in two words the gravity of the company's plight.  To Hathcyn he says "Indeed, I have seen this before.  Not long, in fact, before I first met you on the road to Stánford.  The path you see before you is a ruse - a stratagem set by one of the ghastlier horrors of Mirkwood.  And yet it is there we must go." 

As the colour returns to his face, he rolls his shoulders, loosening his limbs for the trials ahead.  "But we shall not go blindly, nor on the dark thing's terms."  The stare he fixes on the treacherous path ahead is hard and level.  "Gird yourselves.  And bring fire." 

:ooc: I'll take the Shadow point - it seems appropriate.  (:csu:)  Will any future Fear tests benefit from his being Hardened? 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

"The wood is wet, and we have not prepared brands. You have confirmed that you know of our plight, but have offered no explanation of the danger ahead."

Hathcyn thought for a moment to blow the silver mounted goat horn he carried, but thought better of it. The wood would either swollow it or let more enemies know they were here. No friends were near to hear it.

"Firewatcher, name our foe so I may know what hunts us. And if i go to the fire of my fathers I'd know what sent me there."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Quote from: Eclecticon on Jan 28, 2019, 03:15 PM:ooc: Will any future Fear tests benefit from his being Hardened? 

:ooc: I can see it either passing a Fear test of lesser threats, or at least reducing the difficulty by one degree.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 28, 2019, 03:51 PM"Firewatcher, name our foe so I may know what hunts us. And if i go to the fire of my fathers I'd know what sent me there."
"We face one of the three great spiders, ancient beyond the reckoning of Men, and perhaps even of elves, who between them are the truest rulers of Mirkwood.  I know not whether she was given a name by whatever antediluvian horror spawned her, but Men name her for Tylquin, and the Wise know her to be a great weaver of illusions and falsehoods of the eyes and mind."

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn is enraged at what his friend says.  It's ilk has spread fear and blight and personally injured him in more ways than one.  It took all his restraint to not leave the group and face the thing head-on.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

"If we cannot bring fire, then we must proceed without it, mislike it though we may.  Stay watchful, but trust nothing that you find beyond this point." 

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: I will get a post up tomorrow.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: no worries, I'm in the middle of the polar vortex and wife has surgery tomorrow.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: Best of luck to you both, Matt.

Character sheet

Paladin003

OOC: I'm so sorry, the government shutdown had my wife and I both not working and no money to pay bill for internet. I'm back now.