• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 07:21 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Into Dol Guldur

Started by Telcontar, Oct 07, 2015, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

:ooc: Sweeeeeeet.  That was worth waiting for!
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Posterboy

:ooc: Two things with regards to Esgalwen:

1) I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I didn't like Esgalwen and wanted to trade her in. That was not what I was trying to say at all. I was trying to say, Esgalwen jumped in after Orophin knowing full well it might be the end of her (but believed trying to save her friend was worth more than her life). And I, as the player, also knew this might end really badly for Esgalwen. I was trying to assure you that I am okay with in character death's, especially if they come with a good and/or heroic story... and that, even if Esgalwen were to die, I would still be interested in playing and I have another character in the wings ready to go.

Please hear me: I'm super glad that you encouraged and pushed me to keep going with Esgalwen after the first chapter! (Thanks for that!) And I've enjoyed this chapter very much, especially having her story-line more deeply established. Thanks for the ways you weaved in me hopes and dreams and last fellowship phase into this chapter.

2) While I love playing Esgalwen, I can totally understand if you would also like to take her over as an NPC if her storyline is becoming one of the major plot lines of our campaign. As a DM, it might be nice to have some (more) control over her destiny (so she doesn't go jumping off of bridges and killing herself!) If you think this would be best for the collective story-telling, awesome! I'm totally for it. (And, like I said, I have a Laketown Minstrel nearly ready to go... originally, I had in mind that he would be a close friend of Orophin. I might be interesting to think through how Orophin's death drives him to join the companions?)

Otherwise, I really like Esgalwen, and would love to keep playing her.  I'm excited to see how she develops in this story... from her life in Tyrant's Hill, to returning her lost kinsman's sword to his family, to finding the last remaining companion, to working towards an alliance between Tyrant's Hill and Gondor, to maybe figuring out how to bring hope and healing to the Necromancer's Tower (or, at least, release for Orophin's spirit)... all sorts of places to go and see!

So, with regards to Esgalwen, do whatever you think is best for you as DMs and our collective story here. I'm good with either.  :tup: 

Also, Esgalwen will take the permanent shadow point.  :'(

Telcontar

:ooc: I think Doug was saying that she will be part of the story and the NPC idea was to say that if you are tired of the character she will continue to be part of the story. You should be the one playing her though so I'm glad you like her, she's your character. Now go and do PC stuff so we can try and kill her.

Who do these PCs think they are..... :]
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18