• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:00 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

To Black Tarn and beyond

Started by tomcat, Sep 04, 2015, 10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc:  That's a  :~~:  on the insight, so I will work that in on the next post. Looks like we have two solid yes votes for going to the Hill. one, what do you think, and one uncommitted. If we have a consensus I will start working on the next post.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: I like this duel-GM'ing thing we are doing here. I get to come here and read stuff that I didn't know was going to happen!  ;D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"If the man claims this land, then we see him for his consent, regardless for how we feel about the man personally.  Even if we didn't, I would never skulk in the shadows to avoid his gaze," growled Grimbeorn.  "But we all go, not to leave Master Radagast out in the cold.  Whatever he might represent, having him there would offer more protection from harm, not less.  Let us go and be done with this business and move on."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Sep 09, 2015, 08:51 AM #18 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2015, 08:53 AM by tomcat
"The Beorning speaks with the wisdom of his father," said Orophin. "Though we may not be welcome, we shall not go skulking through another folk's land." The Silvan elf gave an eye to the dwarf, whose folk had crossed through Thranduil's realm unannounced, before the slaying of the dragon, and thus earned a time in his prison.

The final companion to speak and the decision made, Radagast nodded to all and they started up the hill. "Let us make haste, as I wish to be at their gates before the sun has set."

But there was no fear of that - the hill rose before them and all they need do is take the winding path that led to its peak. Not long after, the company of seven walkers were being challenged by the gate watch. "WHO APPROACHES THE HOUSE OF MOGDRED, OF THE TYRANT HILL?"

:ooc: Mogdred and the folk of Tyrant's Hill meeting

Tolerance is set to 3 (based on Esgalwen -or- Grimbeorn's Valour)
• Esgalwen's Standing added a point, but the prejudice these people feel towards wizards (Radagast) removed a point.

So, the PC's cannot fail more than 3 tests

• All PC's may make a TN 14 Insight test to determine any advantages
• You guys need to decide if you will introduce yourselves individually, or have a representative
• Your introduction will determine who may participate in the interactions
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc: Here's Esgalwen insight roll.

Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4

Posterboy

:ooc:  >:p  I'd love to make the case that Esgalwen has spent a good deal of time in Tyrant Hill and as a Fair "alien within their gates" who was shown favoured by Mogdred and is somewhat familiar with their folk (Folklore), she's able to boost her Insight roll to a success.

If that's no good, no worries. Looks like Esgalwen will be spending hope dice to plead her case before Mogdred.  ;D

I think Esgalwen would definitely be looking to speak to Mogdred, whether as a representative or as one amongst others.

tomcat

:ooc: I agree with your reasoning on that.

You may have 1 advantage die.

Eclecticon

:ooc: Arbogast definitely wants to speak to Mogdred.  Let's hope he doesn't mind Riddle-based introductions, though, otherwise I've got nothin'. 

Insight roll:
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7
Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:
 :00:
TN Insight -  1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 1, 3, total 6

Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

Sep 09, 2015, 07:46 PM #24 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2015, 07:50 PM by GandalfOfBorg
 :ooc: I'll use a Hope point for the Attribute bonus to ensure a success.  I've updated my sheet accordingly.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Bandobras

:ooc: Bandy's Insight roll
Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7

Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8

tomcat

:ooc: Insight roll results:

• Esgalwen invokes a trait and earns 1 Advantage die
• Arbogast rolls an  :g: and earns 1 Advantage die
• Grimbeorn uses a Hope point to succeed and earns 1 Advantage die
• Bandy is successful and earns 1 Advantage die

Rorin
TN 14 Insight   ♦♦○○○○
:00: 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5

Orophin
TN 14 Insight   ♦○○○○○
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

tomcat

:ooc: Rorin will use a point of Hope and so earns 1 Advantage die

Orophin fails

Bandobras

:ooc: May we take APs for successful Travel and Insight rolls?

tomcat

:ooc: Yea, you sure can Bandobras... so you know, the following is posted in the Resources thread and it will be the basis for our game.

Advancement Points will be rewarded based on:
  • if no pips have been yet earned in a category during Adventuring phase, the character will earn a pip on his first successful roll
  • if the first pip has been earned in a category during Adventuring phase, the second will be earned only by rolling a Great or Extraordinary success
  • if the PC has earned two pip in a category during Adventuring phase, the third can only be earned as an award from the Loremaster for great roleplaying, or some other deed