• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 08:08 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Traitors in the Night - round 1

Started by tomcat, Jun 11, 2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jun 11, 2015, 10:24 AM Last Edit: Jun 12, 2015, 09:08 PM by tomcat
Situation: The company is engaged in combat with Dagmar's five companions - all of which have a hunting dog at their beck and call.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):
• Dagmar and her companions are in a defensive position (trying to withdraw) and have initiative
• No combat advantages rolled
• It is night - darkness will inflict a TN +2 modifier to anyone goes outside the torchlight to attack. I will apply this based on narrative of the combat.

Arbogast - End 21/26
Bandy - End 22/22
Esgalwen - End 25/25
Grimbeorn - End 19/28
Orophin - End 24/24
Rorin - End 28/32
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
Dagmar - Parry 4 +2(shield), END 0/16, Wounded and unconscious
Tyrant Hillman T1 - Parry 4 +2(shield), END 16/16, has dog
Tyrant Hillman T2 - Parry 4 +2(shield), END 1/16, has dog
Tyrant Hillman T3 - Parry 4 +2(shield), END 16/16, has dog
Tyrant Hillman T4 - Parry 4 +2(shield), END 16/16, held with knife to the throat, has dog
Tyrant Hillman T5 - Parry 4 +2(shield), END 16/16, has dog
BATTLE STANCETNPC / ENEMYOptions
Forward - action order 1
Close combat
TN 6+noneIntimidate - may forgo attack and make Awe or Battle  roll to remove 1 or more Hate from enemies on success; fail PC loses 1 Hope
Open - action order 2
Close combat
TN 9+Arbogast, Esgalwen,
Grimbeorn
Rally - may forgo attack and make Inspire or Song roll, restore 1 or more Encumbrance to all PC's on success; fail PC loses 1 Hope
Defensive - action order 3
Close combat
TN 12+RorinPrepare Shot - spend an entire round aiming shot, if your attack succeeds in the next round, you achieve a Called Shot
Rearward - action order 4
Ranged combat
Must be 2 other PC's in Close Combat
May not use if outnumbered 2:1
TN 12+Bandy, OrophinProtect Companion - choose a companion in Open or Forward, if they are hit you may spend 1 Hope and become the target of the attack instead

MAP attachment - I am not certain there is a need for the visual aid below when it comes to TOR, since combat is done on a Table Grid based on Stances. That said, I still made a map so you guys can get a general idea of where your PC is located in relations to other. Each square will accommodate 2 PC's; any square outside the yellow area around the burning leaves/branches will incur the TN +2 penalty for darkness.

I need Grimbeorn's stance and for Tom to let me know if Dagmar's people will engage or retreat.

Any questions, give me a shout. Also, if you have a character token you'd like me to use on maps, send it to me.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: That's awfully decent of you, Tomcat!  Arbogast will remain in Open stance and engage any Tyrant's Hill Men he can see. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn gives a battle cry, "You should fear me more than your master right now for you are all dead men!"

:ooc: Grimbeorn attacks the nearest man (H1 I think).
(Axes)   ♦♦♦○○○
 :00:
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 2, 6, total 9

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

disench4nted

Rorin held his captive tight and pushed the edge of his dagger to his throat and said to him, "Do not try to escape, I will not hesitate to slit your murderous throat."

Bandobras

:ooc: I forgot to roll a battle roll at the start. May I do so now while I am waiting to get clonked on the head or something equally ghastly? If I missed my chance, that's fine.  It is probably a moot point anyhow as I have no skill in Battle.

Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7

Telcontar

:ooc: Sorry to slow the action guys! I'm going to take a quick look at the rules myself and get caught up.
That escalated quickly!
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Jun 12, 2015, 06:28 PM #6 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2015, 06:42 PM by Telcontar Reason: EDITED FOR d12 and PARRY ADJ
 :ooc: (I paired the dogs off as I should have before.)
Situation:
Open Stance:
Esgalwen  > T1, D1,
Grimbeorn: ..>T2, T4, D2, D4
Abrogast: DG, T5, D5

Defensive:
Rorin...> T3, D3

Esgalwen: TN15
T1 Attacks  
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 3d6+3 : 5, 1, 1 + 3, total 10
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1

Spends 1 HATE for Dog to attack as well.
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 1, 6, total 9
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3

Grimbeorn: TN15
T2 Attacks  
Rolled 3d6+3 : 1, 4, 1 + 3, total 9
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1

Rolled 3d6 : 2, 1, 3, total 6
Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4

T4 Attacks  
Rolled 3d6+3 : 4, 3, 3 + 3, total 13
Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5

Rolled 3d6 : 6, 5, 1, total 12
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11

Abrogast:TN17
Dagmar Flees into the night
T5 Attacks  
Rolled 3d6+3 : 5, 2, 4 + 3, total 14
Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9

Rolled 3d6 : 2, 1, 4, total 7
Rolled 1d12 : 8, total 8

Rorin: TN16
T3 Attacks  
Rolled 3d6+3 : 2, 1, 5 + 3, total 11
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11

Rolled 3d6 : 6, 2, 5, total 13
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10

Wow this may get bloody, let's see what happens. FYI this is my first LM combat. So Doug feel free to edit the narrative as we learn the game.

EDITED FOR PARRY AND forgot the D12
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

The woods turned into a frantic melee as the men of Tyrant Hill attempted to form a shieldwall and then withdraw from the company out of Rhosgobel. Amid the flare of torches and the sudden updraft of burnt leaves blows were traded.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Here is my interpretation from Tom's rolls (with two minor adjustments listed at top):

ADJUSTMENTS:
1) Dagmar is unconscious on the ground and does not run away
2) T4 is being held by Nain at knife point to the throat, so I will call the T4 rolls T3 against Grimbeorn
3) T4 will be able to call the hound in against Rorin, even though he himself cannot attack

So...

♦ T1 and his/her dog attack Esgalwen TN 15 - rolls of 11 and 12; both fail
♦ T2 and his/her dog attack Grimbeorn TN 13 (you said he was attacking with both hands in the Poison's Grip thread, Matt) - rolls of 10 and 10; both fail
♦ T3 and his/her dog attack Grimbeorn TN 13 (you said he was attacking with both hands in the Poison's Grip thread, Matt) - rolls of 18 and 23; both succeed, dog's is Great and piercing
♦ T5 and his/her dog attack Arbogast TN 17 - rolls of 23 and 15; Hillman succeeds, dog fails
♦ T4 dog attacks Rorin TN 16 (you are holding man at knife Point, Steve, no shield option) - rolls 23; Great success

So damages:

-Grimbeorn loses 5 Endurance from T3; 4 Endurance lost for T3 Dog (not including the Att bonus because I am not considering the dog a warrior), but Grimbeorn must make TN 14 Protection roll
TN 14 Armour 0 (headgear +1)
:00: 1d12+1 : 9 + 1, total 10

-Arbogast loses 5 Endurance from T5

-Rorin loses 4 Endurance from T4 dog (not including the Att bonus because I am not considering the dog a warrior)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jun 12, 2015, 08:49 PM #9 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2015, 08:51 PM by tomcat
:ooc:

Grimbeorn - going to assume, Matt, that you will use a Hope Point to make the Protection test a success and abate the Wound :csu:
Arbogast  :csu:
Rorin  :csu:

Bandy - about your Battle roll, this scene has become a bit of a confused mess so I am not going to worry about Battle rolls for this encounter

I will now apply Grimbeorn's attack to his opponent T2 - he rolled a 19 with a great success, which does Endurance loss of 9 (for 2h) and +6 (for Damage bonus for Great Success) =15/16

I need Arbogast, Esgalwen, Orophin, and Bandy's attacks for this round. I will roll Esgalwen for Ayrn.

Dagmar lay on the ground in a black fog, pain shooting up her wounded leg where Bandy's arrow had entered and breathless from the ferocious attacks of Arbogast and Grimbeorn. Seeing their commander on the ground only incited the other Hillmen into action - a few whistled and called their hunting dogs to attack all the while bringing their own swords to bear.

Two of the Hillmen circled Grimbeorn and the Beorning was hard pressed to stave off their blows, the giant man parrying and kicking as the dogs bit at his legs. It was the same for Arbogast and Esgalwen, but only the woodman was struck - the wind knocked from him when the flat of the enemy's sword struck his leather shirt.

Rorin held his captive tight, but like his comrades, the Hillman whistled for his hound and it bounded into the fray. The Dwarf stomped and kicked, but still the coppery-colored, slobbering dog clamped its teeth on the back of his calf. Rorin yanked and the dog yipped away, his leg free once more.

Bandobras

As he watched the flight of the first arrow he had ever fired at another person and saw it pierce deeply into Dagmar's leg, Bandy felt the mounting tension release in a moment. "The Shire! The Shire! The Shire!" he yelled loudly over and over. Almost mechanically, he drew another arrow from his quiver and let another fly at the foe.

:ooc: No problem about the battle roll. Bandy will fire at T2, one of the two enemies attacking Grimbeorn.

Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5

Rolled 1d12 : 8, total 8

Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10

Bow damage 5, edge 10, injury 14

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: It's what Hope is for, yes thank you.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: Sorry!  Should have included a combat roll with my initial post.  Blame the combination of work and loud children. 

DC 9+parry Long-hafted Axe 2
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7

:dmg: 5, Injury  :g:, 18

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Also, as an aside, Arbogast's Parry rating is based on his favoured Wits score in wooded areas, so it's 18 (+2 for his shield), assuming this part of Mirkwood is wooded enough. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Esgalwen dodged and feinted with the warrior in front of her, his sword coming close but not making any contact. Why were they doing this? Who were these men and women that came out of the forest, and what was the purpose in killing Beran? What did they hide? There were too many questions that went through her mind. Her sword held in two hands over her head, she saw her opening and she stabbed...

TN 15 Long sword (Swords)   ♦♦♦○○○
:00: 1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 6, 4, total 16

'{:dmg:} damage   5 (1h) / 7 (2h)   edge   10   injury   16 (1h) / 18 (2h)' is not a valid dice string!