• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 09:20 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Poison's grip

Started by tomcat, May 07, 2015, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

:ooc: Well, that wasn't entirely unexpected.  I have Hope to spare, so I'll spend another point to bring the total up to 18. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Bandobras

Bandy returns his arrow to the quiver and slings his bow across his back. He tries to assume a more relaxed posture and bites his tongue, awaiting Dagmar's response before saying any more.

tomcat

Jun 02, 2015, 05:56 PM #62 Last Edit: Jun 02, 2015, 06:01 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Great roll by Arbogast on the Insight roll, but I am going to make this an opposed test. Dagmar may make a Persuade test to try and hide any intentions that she may have. So, the number to beat Tom, is 18.

I am going to give Dagmar a +2 bonus due to Arbogast's utter failure on his introductory test. It empowers Dagmar's feeling of superiority, and has reduced Arbogast's confidence - as he feels awkward now.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7

Rolled 2d6+2 : 3, 4 + 2, total 9

TN 18
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Dagmar looks at her companions and then back at Arbogast, " we should not tarry here. Spiders and worse creatures may come upon us. Where are you taking him to?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

"To Rhosgobel, as I said.  Or, if that is unacceptable to you, to the tent-town that has grown up outside the Hedge.  Either way, the sooner he arrives, the better for all of us." 

:ooc: Does Arbogast get any read on her from his Insight roll? 

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: i'll let Tomcat answer that one before I go on.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Stefan

:ooc: Thanks for running Orophin while I was gone, I couldn't have said it more eloquently myself.

Orophin helped with the healing of the man, although his skills had only been used on elves in the past humans were similar enough and poison was poison.  He wrapped the bandages and watched the man as his health obviously improved.

As the group moved out with the litter he took up rear guard, making sure that there were no more spiders following them through the woods and when they came upon the group of humans from Tyrant's Hill he hung back in the shadows with his bow ready.  He listened while the humans talked and was glad when they seemed to come to an agreement.

tomcat

:ooc:  Hey guys, give me another night. I am still wrestling this cold and the medicine makes me kinda sedate. I will say that Dagmar failed at hiding her true self and Arbogast can see she is false. That said, he doesn't know why she wants the wounded man, only that he feels her intentions are ill - towards him and any that might get in her way.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: Cheers, and get well soon!

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: I got you covered loremaster Buddy!

Abrogast watched the woman as she approached the bier that held the wounded man. Her posture was tense and as her companions fanned out behind her he got the feeling that they were following her lead on how forceful they were going to be.

"Well, the forest is dangerous wherever it is that you would move him. My men and our hounds will help you bear this burden, was anything found with him or did he speak?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

disench4nted

Rorin noticed the change in Arbogast's demeanor and concluded that while these unexpected visitors may not be enemies...they were not yet to be trusted. He re-slung his hammer across his back and with Grimbeorn's help hoisted the litter into the air. "While I thank you for your concern, but this man has been too weak to speak with us. I believe we are able to carry this burden on our own. Though your help ensuring our safe passage would be much appreciated."

tomcat

Jun 05, 2015, 09:34 AM #72 Last Edit: Jun 05, 2015, 09:36 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Awesome! Thanks, Tom. I will continue to leave the dialogue back and forth to you guys, before I add any new narrative. Save for this...because Posterboy is out for a couple weeks.

Esgalwen never took her hand from the hilt of her sword when the strangers had emerged from the woods, but she did not draw the weapon. As a Ranger of Ithilien, strangers along the borders were a regular event in her life and she had learned manners of diplomacy, but this was always tempered by awareness. Like the Dwarf, she could read the demeanor of her woodman companions and used them as a gauge of threat. Her familiarity with Mirkwood was nothing to put faith in, but Esgalwen knew how many leagues they had walked this day in their search. With the day half passed, the Ranger judged that their new burden would not guarantee a return to Tent-town before the sun would set. They would need camp somewhere soon and greater numbers would ascertain a safe night - if these folk were truly trustworthy.

She spoke her thoughts, "Arbogast...Grimbeorn... hardy is the content of our company with Rorin now among us, but the labor you will bear will keep us from reaching Tent-town before nightfall - surely we must camp between here and there. Having Dagmar and her companions with us seems a boon." The look she gave her friends betrayed the graciousness of her words. Esgalwen needed them to understand the threat of a knife in the dark, as they all lay at rest.

Bandobras

"Yes, most fortunate," chimed Bandy, following the ranger's lead. "You must forgive my initial reaction Lady Dagmar. You and your friends startled me and I have learned through experience that these woods are full of bad surprises."

With the strongest members of the company bearing the unconscious woodman, Bandy fears that the truculent strangers might take advantage of the situation. He positions himself at the rear of the party where he can keep an eye on everyone. Should Dagmar object to him bringing up the rear, he will plead that his short legs can't keep up with the big folks. She is condescending enough to believe that.

tomcat

The companions come to a quiet agreement that the additional strength of their newly found allies would make the trip back to Tent-town easier, but they would remain vigilant. Grimbeorn and Rorin returned to the burden of carrying the litter and they all moved off heading north and west towards Rhosgobel and the western eaves of Mirkwood.

The heat of the day bore down on the forest canopy and made the underlying air thick and heavy with heat. Sweat beaded on the brow of Man and Dwarf alike, and eventually, pride be damned, Grimbeorn relinquished his end of the litter soon to be followed by Rorin. Arbogast walked along one side of Beran, with Orophin on the other. The two healers wanted to watch over their charge, and to also make sure the men of Dagmar did not attempt to run off with the wounded woodman. Three other of Dagmar's folk took up the lead with hounds along with them to scout their path.

But as was predicted by the Ranger, the daylight began to fade before the lengthy trek was completed and the companions needed to decide whether they would push through in the darkness or make camp.