• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 30, 2024, 08:51 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

I'm not sure whether we've had this discussion before, but I think that Insight rolls probably shouldn't count towards the Tolerance of an encounter.  They represent the PCs failing to get a read on the people they're talking to, not a conversational misstep that might try the other party's patience. 

By the same token, I think introduction rolls shouldn't count as successes, but I've already said my peace on that score and I won't get into it again. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Sep 28, 2017, 07:54 PM #841 Last Edit: Sep 28, 2017, 08:28 PM by tomcat
I do not count the Insight rolls towards tolerance of an encounter, nor do I count them as successes.

I count the successes on Introductions and Interactions only. I agree with you on the Into successes, though. We can house rule it if you guys want to.

EDIT: I see why this became a question.

I had the Tolerance reduced by 2 when I wrote my RESULTS post, but then Tom threw in a :vv: and made his roll a success. When I corrected the RESULTS post I accidentally moved the Tolerance down 1 more, instead of moving it back up and so it was a 2 instead of the 4 it needed to be.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Right!  That's much more understandable!  I'd been scratching my head wondering 'why's he doing that... and why now, after two and a half years of play?' 

Character sheet

tomcat

I will game update tomorrow.

I have been working on the encounters ahead.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

FYI on the way to Ireland for the week... participation may be spotty.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Safe travels, Matt

Telcontar

Whwre are you going Matt?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

Primarily Dublin with trips to the Blarney Stone, Belfast, giants causeway, wicklow mountains, kilkinney... incidentally not to Galway and where my ancestors are from.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

Ahhh, I was going to say Dunn Angus was pretty cool out in the west. If you are in Kerry go to the Dingle Penninsula. There is a free masonry church from the sixth century and all throughout the area are ring forts and neolithic standing stones. They are everywhere when you start to look for them and know what to look for. Sometimes a single plinth and other sites have some rings.

In Dublin check out Kilmainim Goal. Its a bit outside the city but a good site. Its the prison where the Easter Uprising guys were imprisoned and executed. National museum was pretty good too.

Dont kiss the Blarney Stone everyone pees on it overnight. 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Took the hop-on, hop-off tour and saw the jail... Staying in Dalkey/Killiney, involuntarily walked past Bono's place (it was a bit of a hike with bags from Killiney Station and no taxis).  Planning on at least another day or two back in the city between the tours.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

Octagon Bar at Bonos place has THE cleanest bathroom anywhere.

I was there over ten years ago, but another tip for you. When in Temple Bar I paid for all my drinks with cash and paid as I went. A place may have three different licenses, bar, club, disco that allowsd them to stay open later. A place moves from Bar to club at like midnight. Key take away is that the price of drinks magically changed when they sell under a different license 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Lol ok, will remember that.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Test tomorrow at 11AM, guys.

Give me until after noon to get a new game post up.

Eclecticon

:ooc: Best of luck, mate. 

Character sheet

tomcat