• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:17 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

The game must go on.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

May 04, 2023, 07:45 AM #1966 Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 07:49 AM by tomcat
Every day.

That said, I am not in any rush. So take your time. Our story can continue at the pace it needs too. I set up these boards a LONG time ago so that we, as a group, could enjoy telling our story, but at our leisure. And we have been doing it for TWENTY YEARS!  :o Pretty much the same group of guys - kind of crazy when you think about it.

Don't stress anything, Paul. You have players that are here to be part of a great story.

Unless you are getting tired of Loremaster-ing, the story can go as you are available.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

I'm back, and I think I'm back on a bit more of a consistent basis now.  Those of you who want details (and a great big ol' helping of self-pity) read on.  Those who don't - hey!  Good to see you all again.  How've you been? 

It's been a bit hard going over my way - nothing life-altering, or anything, but a confluence of significant work pressure and mental health concerns from both my kids and my wife.  The latter forced me to officially abandon my long-running Night's Black Agents game, after not having gathered the group together since last February.  I kinda knew it was dead (it's so hard to sustain an intricate plotline of paranoia and betrayal when nobody can even remember key NPCs' names!) but pulling the pin was a blow to the soul. 

I imagine you guys will understand what I mean when I say that I was in mourning for a little while - not even so much for what we had as for what could have been!  But it's all done and dusted, and a quick Reddit-style AMA with the group at least gave answers to people who wanted them, which was something.  Still, it shook me.  I lost all confidence in my ability to run a decent game.  Every idea I had for the current adventure seemed like pretentious, juvenile bullshit and I didn't want to put any of it out there only to have people roll their eyes and go through the motions as we crawled our way to some sort of finale. 

My family are doing better now (I think) and work has subsided.  And having stepped back from the game for a moment, my plan for the rest of the story doesn't seem so irredeemably stupid now.  It helps that my daughter has coaxed me into running some Numenera for her and seems to enjoy it, so clearly I haven't completely lost my touch. 

In any case, I'm here again and I have a plan.  I've even gone through and made sure that the character sheets are up to date.  Which they now are.  I've added in a couple of additional AP that you guys seem to have missed, including a third Personality one for Hathcyn for his absolutely great speech as he held up the bear banner.  It's not precisely following the rules, but you reward the kind of behaviour you want to see. 

So gather round your screens, pour yourself a cup of something you like, and let's tell the rest of the story. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Paul, I think you are going a great job of keeping things Tolkien over here. I loved the stone marker bit in the last story.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Thanks, Tom.  Recently reading his translation of Beowulf, and a copy of the Song of Roland, has helped keep me on-tone a bit.

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Yup I'm finally back in the thick of things here at home, also waiting impatiently on an offer we made on a new home in WA.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

I had to blink once or twice before I worked out that you didn't mean Western Australia (though Perth is very nice, this time of year).

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Back from GenCon... whew! what a ride!  lots of games, lots of gaming :)
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

What is your status for Thursday's TOR2e game, Matt?

Are you still out of town? If so, we are going to continue with Twilight 2000.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

What's the experience like playing the new T2K?  I've never played it (though I read through the original 1e boxed set for inspiration for some post-apocalypse writing I was doing at the time) but I've heard it's interesting. 

Character sheet

tomcat

I am a fan. I like the system. It is mechanics light enough that you are not consulting books constantly, like I did with 1st ed, but there is still good meat on the bone to simulate war.

I will say it is a very lethal game.

Eclecticon

Apologies again for the delay - family things have intruded again.  Normal service should now resume. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Guys, guys!  The Moria kickstarter is live! 

Character sheet

tomcat

Yep! I was bought in at 9:30AM EST yesterday morning! Gonna be a huge asset to add to the books.  ;D

Telcontar

I was in a bad signal spot so I'm only backer 400 and something
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear