• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:31 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Not a worry from me.

Take all the time you need.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

I will be on vacation 2/21-3/4 to Puerto Rico, will try to keep tabs on things.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Mar 07, 2023, 07:40 AMI would like to call in the use of Fierce Distinctive Feature... what was the effect of this? I don't remember

Matt, Distinctive Features can give you an automatic basic success (Arbogast used to do this all the time when we were traipsing through Mirkwood), allow a roll where you wouldn't ordinarily get one (as Hathcyn has had a couple of times with his Swiftness) or be tagged for a second or third AP.  Unless you can put a special case forward to me, they won't ordinarily give you a bonus to rolls.  That said, I can't remember how they work in 2E.  If someone knows, let's hear it - maybe we can adopt the new rule in favour of the old (which is a bit clunky, I'll be the first to admit). 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

I think we should leave it as is for our game, as it would bring other challenges to this game based on how 2ed works.

A distinctive feature in 2ed allows a player to gain 2d6 on a Hope point instead of the standard 1d6 to add to their roll.

And the above does not fit in well for 1ed, as Hope is a fixed number.

And also let me say WOW about the fact that I did not remember how traits work in 1ed! I am losing touch with these mechanics due to us playing 2ed on Roll20.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Did we have a thread somewhere that consolidated all the combat actions and special moves or whatever? 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

There is a hyperlink in each combat header thread under the stances.

Eclecticon

Wow, we've really let this go too long. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Quote from: Eclecticon on Mar 07, 2023, 06:27 PM
Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Mar 07, 2023, 07:40 AMI would like to call in the use of Fierce Distinctive Feature... what was the effect of this? I don't remember

Matt, Distinctive Features can give you an automatic basic success (Arbogast used to do this all the time when we were traipsing through Mirkwood), allow a roll where you wouldn't ordinarily get one (as Hathcyn has had a couple of times with his Swiftness) or be tagged for a second or third AP.  Unless you can put a special case forward to me, they won't ordinarily give you a bonus to rolls.  That said, I can't remember how they work in 2E.  If someone knows, let's hear it - maybe we can adopt the new rule in favour of the old (which is a bit clunky, I'll be the first to admit). 

then I would go with, can I get 1 success with using the DS instead of the roll for the combat action?  ;)
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

My sincere apologies for the lack of movement on my part recently - the last week and a bit have been full on, but things will hopefully revert to the mean and normal service can resume. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Happy Easter to all those of the Western Christianity persuasion.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

And to those of us who just enjoy buns and chocolate.  We've celebrated our annual tradition of eating hot cross buns with our underpants on our head. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

I've just realised that, since the conclusion of the opening thread on the 7th of March, I haven't been keeping track of accumulated AP.  I'll go through and make sure everything is properly updated when I can, but I also wouldn't object to anyone who wanted to do it instead.   

Character sheet

Telcontar

I dont understand this wizardry
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Okay, I promise you that there's a story post coming later today (my time, obviously) - work continues its recent batshit schedule, so I can't say exactly when.  In the meantime, I commend to you Bret Deveraux' work analysing the LotR movies from the perspective of a serious military historian.  This essay, for example, is a little bit topical. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

I'm just doing a quick straw poll - who's still watching the forum?

Character sheet