• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 04:29 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

I'll be in Fayetteville trying to get my manumission from Uncle Same.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Alright, children, it's catch-up time!  Doug and Tom, how did your gentlemen's gaming retreat and release from state bondage go?
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Hey Paul!

I was going to be writing tonight, but you called us out early!  ;D

The weekend was awesome! I will give some highlights a little later on tonight after I get home from the office. It has been a day of catching up.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Federal bondage, but it is complete. Term of Active Service finish
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Perhaps 'national bondage' would've been a more appropriate term.  In any case, congratulations.

Character sheet

Telcontar

I actually thought about that, but we are a federal republic and my oath of office is to uphold the Constitution and my office is approved by Congress. Seems like a more accurate description to use Federal as opposed to National in that we spring from a branch of the government to preserve a document and not the nation at large.

Federal does sound a litter incarcitory though.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Fair point!  I work for a state government, again within a federal system, but I've always thought of what I do as being part of making the nation as a whole work.  Granted, this is much easier when the states see eye to eye on issues, which they frequently don't. 

On your end, do you have something else lined up, or are you planning to live the slacker life for a while?

Character sheet

Telcontar

I havent had much luck looking for anything either professionally or a couple things seasonal that I was over qualified for so I'm resigned to slack off for awhile and complete long over due house projects.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Cubicle 7 has some new content coming out for Middle-earth, but I'm pretty sure it will be delayed by their Warhammer stuff.

Also, I am not sure how I feel about a second edition. I wonder what the updates will be to the core game? I'm thinking travel and hazards will get retooled,  not sure what else.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

All the second edition changes will be given as a PDF for those that just want to convert 'up' their current content. All new supplements will be geared towards these new mechanics, but the PDF will make everything easily 'backwards compatible'.

I will most likely be getting the new core book when it is released, as I have an obsession for owning game books in genres that I love.  ;)

I have never played a single game of FFG's Star Wars RPG, but I am the proud owner of the Force and Destiny core book along with some other supplements.  :|
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Yeah, I'll probably get it too, not sure if I am going to be happy about it though. The LM screen and starter set will have enough new stuff that I'll need that too for completion, but not sure I'll use it.

....I think I need to get a table top game going.....
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Start something on Roll20. I would play!  ;)

Telcontar

Are you jumping in on Oath's or should we mithball that one?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

I like having a second game going on here, but it looks like it would just be you, me and Anarion.

It just looks like it will be a lot of work for little payoff.

I will post but you let me know what you want to do with it.

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Jun 14, 2019, 05:25 AMAll the second edition changes will be given as a PDF for those that just want to convert 'up' their current content. All new supplements will be geared towards these new mechanics, but the PDF will make everything easily 'backwards compatible'.

I love the way Cubicle 7 does this. It's better customer service than you get from most places.

Quote from: tomcat on Jun 14, 2019, 05:25 AMI will most likely be getting the new core book when it is released, as I have an obsession for owning game books in genres that I love.  ;)

I do that, too.  Trouble is, I like pretty much all the genres. I'm gradually working my way through the collection of unplayed games, but not as fast as I'm accumulating them.

Character sheet