• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:04 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

Hathcyn has come up pretty far in the world. I'll work on geting a post up.

MeRchant pRince
  Lake-town was refounded and was more prosperous than ever, and much wealth went up and down the Running River...

Your family's fortune is rising with the reopening of the trading routes that lead to the markets in the South and East. This increased affluence has started to positively affect your adventuring life, as you may choose a servant from those employed in your household and have him join you in your next endeavour. At the start of an Adventuring phase you may pick one servant to accompany you:

Page: A page assists you in all your daily routines, like washing and dressing, and takes care of your clothes and gear. He is at your side during any encounter, making sure that you are properly introduced and providing advice and counsel. When you enjoy the help of a page, you can roll the Feat die twice and keep the best result when you are making any Courtesy and Insight rolls.

Physician: A physician is an older servant who has long been trained in the arts of taking care of your health. He knows every little ailment you might have suffered from since you were a child, and possesses the knowledge to prepare a remedy. As long as you are assisted by a physician, you can roll the Feat die twice and keep the best result when you are making a Healing roll.

Porter: A porter helps you in carrying your gear when you are adventuring. When you are making a Fatigue test, you can roll the Feat die twice and keep the best result.

Scrivener: A scrivener is a personal servant who can read and write. He is usually well-learned and keeps a daily record of your exploits. If you are employing a scrivener you can roll the Feat die twice and keep the best result when you are making any Lore and Riddle rolls.

With the exception of a physician, a servant in a rich trading family is usually a young boy, often a minor relative of modest ambition. Regardless of his duty, your servant is no fighting man, but is considered to be always around and eager to perform his assigned task.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Cheers, Tom.  Grimbeorn's servants might end up being wondrous hounds instead of page boys or old retainers.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Im really looking forward to giving the mythic battles a test run.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

Work is giving me some extra tasks these next two weeks. If you feel I'm moving too slow, feel free to NPC.
Peace,
Ayrn

Eclecticon

Cheers for the heads up, and good luck with work.  What is it that you do, anyway?

Character sheet

Posterboy

I'm employed by a church here in Canada (Toronto-area), working with people ages 0 - 30. Mostly religious programming, counseling, mentoring, volunteer recruitment, and coordinating service work in the community.

Normally, once Canadian Thanksgiving passes, I shift into 40-45 hrs/week of work until mid-December, but there has been some extra projects added. (they like to keep me busy!)

Peace,
Ayrn

Telcontar

Wish I knew that earlier, I was at the CNE this year.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

Huh... yeah, that's too bad. The CNE's maybe 45 minutes from my place. It would have been cool to connect! (I heard the CNE was a little different this year with the lock-out going on... I haven't been for probably 5-6 years)

What about everyone else? Where are you located and what do you do for work?

tomcat

You will find me in Columbus, Ohio and I am in finance - I run a company and also have licenses to assist families with financial services (investments and protection).
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Cedar Rapids, Iowa (not Ohio or Idaho)... Develop avionics for jets and helos
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Hi guys.  Apologies as usual for the delay in getting my next post up.  It may not happen today, but it's coming. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

As of this afternoon, all my assignments are in for the semester.  Expect posts to happen a little more regularly for a while! 

Character sheet

Posterboy

Can I have Tate step in now and try to use some words to save the day, either demoralizing the enemy or inspiring our troops?

GandalfOfBorg

That's fine by me, why I brought you.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Go for it, mate. 

Character sheet