• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:26 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ambush - round 5

Started by tomcat, Aug 11, 2013, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: damn it DOUG! I am roleplaying and everything! I even used the dice roller in my post.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Aug 16, 2013, 04:52 PM #16 Last Edit: Aug 16, 2013, 05:03 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Telcontar on Aug 14, 2013, 05:46 PM:ooc: damn it DOUG! I am roleplaying and everything! I even used the dice roller in my post.

:ooc: LOL! Just like me to leave you hanging, Tom - just when you jump in with both feet.

As for your trooper, since damage is not your intended goal, I am going to allow the extra difference to toss the guy in the drink.

"Wha...?" The Stormtrooper commander looked quickly back at the side-view mirror on the truck - something had streaked across it. Probably just more blaster fire, or perhaps that vehicle across the river had gotten off another missile. He did not feel any impact and so he put his attention once more on getting the truck clear of the combat.

On top of the vehicle, BIT came to rest on the cab roof. The thump of his landing unnoticed by the stormtrooper within due to the uneven landscape bumping the truck up and down. From across the river, Sam saw the soldier land and lowered his missile launcher. He could not risk a shot at the cab with his companion on top of it - nor could he attempt a shot at the rear for fear of harming any of the prisoners. It was then that the Arrow angled onto the bridge and Abby revved speeder pushing it into the wreck of the SoroSuub left on behind. The front fender crunched in with an awful sound but the ruined vehicle was slowly pushed aside.

To the north of the road, Kaida swept past Betty, her grenade exploding behind her. The stormtroopers gathered there dove to the ground for cover from the raking fragments - some did not get back up. The explosion along with the departure of the prisoner truck was the sign the Imperials were apparently waiting for. Those that could grabbed those that were wounded and began to make a defensive retreat back along the road towards the prison facility.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Troopers 19, 21, 23, 24 all have exited the map board with expectation that their leader in the truck will be coming along at a good clip. There are hand holds on the truck's sides that they may grab hold of when they can.

Troopers 21 and 23 see BIT land on top of the truck and though backing off the map still take shots at him.

I will generate a new map as the battle extends further down the road.

MOVE - back off map
SWIFT - move to autofire
STANDARD - 21 and 23 fire on BIT
:00: DC 24 Ranged blaster carbine +5 (4d8+5) with Point blank shot and Rapid shot and Autofire
trooper 21 1d20+5 : 2 + 5, total 7

trooper 23 1d20+5 : 9 + 5, total 14

dmg if successful, 1/2 if roll is over 10 4d8+5 : 8, 6, 8, 6 + 5, total 33

dmg if successful, 1/2 if roll is over 10 4d8+5 : 3, 5, 4, 1 + 5, total 18
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Aug 16, 2013, 05:12 PM #18 Last Edit: Aug 16, 2013, 05:16 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Dammit! Can't even roll a damn ten! Also, I picked the wrong attack stats, so it is only 3d8+1 - so we'll take them in order and it is then 13 /2=

BIT takes 6 points of damage.

tomcat

:ooc: Sam is stuck with his PLX. If he fires it, I am going to say that BIT is in danger of receiving splash damage. Betty is also out of targets unless it is to pursue the retreating troopers. You cannot give commands, but these are your NPC's so you guys tell me what you want them to do.

Telcontar

:ooc:i used my standard to tossof the sortropper(though it appears the be absent from the narrative) can i use my move action to head towards the prisoner truck.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

:ooc:Can SAM use his missiles to make it more difficult for the prisoner truck to escape... like, sending a missile in front of the truck to make the ground in front of it difficult terrain (by making a crater)? Otherwise, I suppose he could just blow SO2 away. Seems a little overkill though.

Posterboy

:ooc:Another option for SAM would be to just spend the round switching to his rifle. I'm planning on having Abby have the Arrow pursue the prisoner truck, using it's superior speed to catch up. SAM could then use his rifle to target the troopers on the hand holds.

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 16, 2013, 05:12 PM
:ooc: Dammit! Can't even roll a damn ten!

:ooc: 's ok Doug. I bet that's how the Stormies felt in all the SW movies too.  ;D

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 16, 2013, 05:18 PM
:ooc: ... Betty is also out of targets unless it is to pursue the retreating troopers. You cannot give commands, but these are your NPC's so you guys tell me what you want them to do.

:ooc:  She's equipped with a comlink, but with comms down, unless I give her an up close and personal verbal command, she'll have to use her last orders:

These are the last commands that Betty received in the surprise round: "Betty!" she called into the trees. That was the name she'd given the Droideka.  "Shields up and priority targets, now!"

So, if any targets are within range and visibility, I imagine Betty'll continue to engage. If she cannot sense any targets, she'll go to default programming which is to remain hidden but be on alert until new commands are given.

In that case, she'll back into the trees where her camo paint job should offer concealment and go to a lower - power setting, dropping shields with her sensors at full, to detect any threat.

tomcat

:ooc: Is the retreating truck a priority target, do you think?

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 21, 2013, 02:15 AM
:ooc: Is the retreating truck a priority target, do you think?

:ooc: Caden thinks so. He's no cold-blooded killer, but he's scared to pieces that they'll be ID'd again - and this time, nobody would be able to help them disappear.
Nobody reporting back also means they'll have more time to get off-world.

Then again, Farok (properly heroic, I should add) saved that one stormtrooper by tossing him in the drink, so maybe the point's moot.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

:ooc: No heroics! just making the narrative interesting. Though I didn't think of the fact that he would get away and make a report. Which he would if he lives. Eh like I said, there was more destiny involved in that move than mere instinct. Who's? Well Doug will figure that out.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

:ooc: Perhaps Betty's sensors will detect the one in the water and take him out; then again, she might view it as non essential target.

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Aug 16, 2013, 05:53 PM:ooc: i used my standard to tossof the sortropper(though it appears the be absent from the narrative) can i use my move action to head towards the prisoner truck.

Can SAM use his missiles to make it more difficult for the prisoner truck to escape... like, sending a missile in front of the truck to make the ground in front of it difficult terrain (by making a crater)?

:ooc: The answer to the above question is yes you can, Tom. Don't worry about not showing up in the narrative, when I crunch this episode into the PDF format, it will have the trooper being heaved through the air with the Force.

To the second question, although Sam can fire on the ground, it won't make a big difference to the truck as it is on repulsors.

Sam stood in the cupola of the Arrow and watched as the prisoner truck began to build up speed to get away. His companions had fired on the thing to no avail. The droid's military software began to override his basic processing and technical schematics of the Imperial repulsor truck began to scroll. Sam knew the thing's armor defenses as well as its weak spots. He knew that even with a hit from his PLX-2m the prisoners would have a good chance of surviving, but a vital system on the vehicle could be damaged bringing it to a halt. That was what was needed and it needed to happen fast. Running probabilities and determining the odds favorable, the rocket roared out of the shoulder held weapon.

To the north, Betty targeted the last remaining stormtrooper officer and fired.