• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:52 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Forced introductions

Started by tomcat, Feb 13, 2013, 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The courier looked like he struggled for words, "Umm, sir, I don't know who sent this package. I am just a courier. My boss handed it to me and told me to deliver it. He said it goes to Docking Bay 732, Eeyrie Nexus - that's you guys." He looked around at the hands close to blasters. "Listen, I don't want any trouble...if you all don't want this, then I will take it back and say it was refused."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

The elder jedi was not sensing any trouble from the messenger, and surely any more evasion would produce more attention instead of less.

"I'll take it. Give it here."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Sam suddenly moved again after being perfectly still. It caused the courier to jump, but he quickly placed the item in the droid's now outstretched hand. Once done, the courier quickly backed out of the bay and turned and ran through the complex. Sam watched him go and came to a conclusion, "We may want to change our tactics when people approach. Thinking everyone is out to get us is going to create more suspicion than not."

He walked over and met Farok half way, handing the Jedi the small device. The droid had already scanned it with his optics and saw it to be a holo-projection communicator. There were no threatening anomalies to the device and so he made no warning to Farok. Once in his hand, the old warrior hit the activation switch and a luminescent, three-dimensional image of Graaf Savraan appeared. It began to speak, "Hello madame. It is difficult for me to be more formal, but you have been reticent to offer up any name for yourself or your companions. Do not think it some terrible conspiracy against you, but I knew where you were by simply having some of my people watch you. My interest in you is still piqued and I offer another opportunity to meet - with no pointed blasters this time... I promise." The hologram smiled. "I would invite you and your friends to dinner tomorrow evening at my home. There we can become better acquainted and discuss in more detail about how 'talks and rallies can indeed accomplish much, but if you ever want to move beyond mere talk, contact me within the next three days and perhaps we can both benefit each other.'"

Kaida heard the exact words she had said to him on the road earlier today.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Kaida nodded in agreement to Sam. They were all jumpy. Kaida then related the events of that afternoon to Farok and then looked at the others.

"I think we should meet with this Graaf. We need allies in this operation. We need not trust him with the details of our operation, but if we can just get his people to point their blasters against the real foe," she smiled. "Well, that'd make for a nice change. Your thoughts?"

tomcat

Sam saw Kaida nod in agreement to his suggestion. "Lady Katan, I will commence an immediate script edit to my security protocols. It will take me some time as there are many lines of code due to my original programing as a battle droid. Regarding your get together with the Graaf, I see no reason why we should pass on his invitation."

Jingo

"Sam, please let the Graaf know that the occupants of Docking Bay 732 would be delighted to come. I prefer a certain amount of anonymity so best to keep it at that for now, at least until we know who we're dealing with."

She looked at the others and then back to Sam. "Sounds like it might be just you and me at tomorrow's dinner though," She nudged the droid conspiratorially. "I've never dated a droid before. How much of your processor do you require for dancing? I prefer the waltz. But I can't promise I won't step on your toes. But I'd really hate for Combat Defensive Subroutine 23 to kick in should such an unfortunate misstep occur."

With a smile, she wondered how much of his programming could handle human sarcasm. She smiled and patted his metallic cheek. "You're a dear, Sam."

Then she turned Caden. "The night is yet young. Shall we? Besides, I suddenly feel the need to purchase a dress for tomorrow's dinner. Oh, don't give me that look! Of course, you can help pick the color."

For some reason her mood had lightened. Maybe it was due to the prospects of actually meeting up with what she supposed was the resistance group. Maybe it was the notion of something akin to a nice dinner. It seemed like ages since she had dressed up in anything fancy.

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Mar 12, 2013, 08:01 PM
Then she turned Caden. "The night is yet young. Shall we? Besides, I suddenly feel the need to purchase a dress for tomorrow's dinner. Oh, don't give me that look! Of course, you can help pick the color."

Caden turned back to Sam and the others with a quizzical look, then raised his hands, palms up in a "I don't know" gesture, shaking his head as he did so.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Posterboy

Mar 16, 2013, 06:29 PM #52 Last Edit: Mar 17, 2013, 05:16 PM by Posterboy
Quote from: Jingo on Mar 12, 2013, 08:01 PM
"Sam, please let the Graaf know that the occupants of Docking Bay 732 would be delighted to come. I prefer a certain amount of anonymity so best to keep it at that for now, at least until we know who we're dealing with."

She looked at the others and then back to Sam. "Sounds like it might be just you and me at tomorrow's dinner though," She nudged the droid conspiratorially. "I've never dated a droid before. How much of your processor do you require for dancing? I prefer the waltz. But I can't promise I won't step on your toes. But I'd really hate for Combat Defensive Subroutine 23 to kick in should such an unfortunate misstep occur."

With a smile, she wondered how much of his programming could handle human sarcasm. She smiled and patted his metallic cheek. "You're a dear, Sam."

Abby gave a huge sigh of relief as she watch the courier leave. She was glad BIT and her hadn't gotten too far yet with the droideka's assembly, but the visitor had reminded her that they really ought to be more careful where they put this thing together. Had it have been Port Authority or some Imps... well, that would have made for an interesting night.

When Kaida announced that they would be accepting the Graaf's offer for dinner, the girl inside Abby got a little giddy. Second only to her arms albow deep in engine grease, the Arkanian loved a good party. It was a bit of an interesting quirk about the technician... maybe because her clothes were regularly stained with oil smudges and she wore grime like some women wore foundation, the opportunity to clean and pretty herself up made her heart skip. It was a moment to be a... a woman.

When Kaida suggested Caden help her pick out a dress, Abby almost volunteered herself to go. The "mission" and the partially assembled droid in front of her held her tongue, however. Maybe if we work quickly, she thought to herself. Kaida will take me out dress shopping tomorrow.

While she wistfully watched the Princess and the Captain leave, she spoke to BIT, "Think we should take this project inside Aegis?"

GandalfOfBorg

BIT grunts at the thought of this party -- a needless distraction.  "I'm out, this," he says motioning around, "is more important."  The grizzled clone looked around a moment thinking.  "Soon... there isn't much room in the ship to spread out like we need at the moment." 
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Sam nodded at BIT's comment, "I believe that I, too, will remain at the ship. I will be spending tomorrow looking at the bridge that will be targeted and so I will also prepare the charges to be used. For now I will go and transmit your reply, Lady Katan. Master Farok, will you and Lady Ardana be joining Caden, Kaida and Abby in tomorrow night's festivities?" The old jedi confirmed that he would be present.

Kaida thanked the droid and then she and Caden made their way out of the docking bay into the night air. A comment came from behind them, "We'll keep the light's on for you!"

And so the evening passed for the companions.