• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:13 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Forced introductions

Started by tomcat, Feb 13, 2013, 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

The old jedi smiled at the young man by his side as they walked. "I haven't decided on my exact plans yet. Need to know more about the score and what the worth verse risk is going to be. I need to know the size of the garrison, vehicle types and numbers, weapons systems info like that. Bribes tend to grow and expand over time and there may not be a market for drug smuggling on the inside. 'Sides, we need to feel each other out as well. Make sure that we can work together."
(applicable Roll)
Farok stopped by the gang leaders side and smiled a violent and viscous smile at the man. He could feel Ardana pull away from his body when she saw the way he could contort and change the expression on his face. "Know this before I go and let it sink in while no one else can hear me. You turn on me, you try to jump me, or you rat on me and slicing and dicing are the worst of your problems. I may not even kill you, I may just cut you up and throw you back to your cronies a weeping mess. How long do you think you could lead them then? I've seen war boy, galactic Hutt crime war. Do not think me a fool."

His face softened, "Be Hoth though...well you might yourself coming up in the world in wealth and influence. Times are changing. Leave word at _____ and we can set up another meet tomorrow."

OOC: Can I make a Perception, Gather Info, or galactic lore roll to see how much I would need to offer for this? I am thinking that I can give out some credits or some info. Info of possible value I think is the impact that our raid is going to have on both death stick production, as well as who is going to control it. The market fluctuation might mean so quick credits for someone in the know. Ideally I want him to think that I am trying to smuggle drugs in, so that if he rats us out they don't know about the actual target or method of attack.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Farok was active on the Aegis. His mind was going over the plans of the prison and the route again. He trusted the skill of his companions, but none the less went over the plan for gaps. It wasnt the way he would do it per se, but they younglings needed to learn by doing. His brush with the local gang was on his mind as well. There had to be an advantage in that somewhere and could it be tied into the graaf?"

Farok felt a subtle change, a feeling that someone had approached the ship. He had taken a circuitous route back to the ship so he knew that no one had followed him. With a draw on his cigar he made his way to the ramp.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Nice posts, Tom!

Farok's Intimidation roll
:00: DC 12 Persuasion +7
Takes 10 for a 17

The competition for dominance ended. The youngster stared at the wild eyes set in the cragged face of Farok. He saw death there and something else, something that cried of a man who no longer had a soul. It was as if the eyes pleaded for redemption but warned too of damnation. The youth knew that Farok would have no issue in either accepting an agreement or opening up his midsection to spill his viscera on the street. He swallowed hard, again and then nodded a submissive nod.

"All right," he said. "I will leave word at Taggert's Grill where you just were."

Farok's face changed again into a big smile - the brown juices from the cigar staining his teeth. It did not have a calming affect, more like the man just cooked your friend and he'd like you to join him for dinner. "Attaboy," was the gruff reply.

Farok walked away with Ardana in tow. The Twi'lek occassionally glanced back to assure they were not being followed, but the fallen jedi knew better. They found themselves back at the Aegis just as the rest of the team was returning from a drive in the country. Stories were exchanged as the day began to move on.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The shaded figure was taken aback by Sam's sentry approach, and he quickly looked to Abby and BIT for potential relief like someone that looks past the watchdog to the master holding the leash. He stuttered a response, "Forgive the intrusion this evening...I am a courier. I have been given a message to be sent to this docking bay...although I do not have a name." There was confusion on the courier's face. "I guess any of you may accept the message."

The man gave a visual shrug and looked at Abby and BIT who were both arms deep in their work. He gave Sam a sidelong glance, but then his eyes were drawn to a figure that moved confidently down the landing ramp. "Sir? Perhaps you would sign for it?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Mar 03, 2013, 02:01 PM:ooc: Can I make a Perception, Gather Info, or galactic lore roll to see how much I would need to offer for this? I am thinking that I can give out some credits or some info. Info of possible value I think is the impact that our raid is going to have on both death stick production, as well as who is going to control it. The market fluctuation might mean some quick credits for someone in the know. Ideally I want him to think that I am trying to smuggle drugs in, so that if he rats us out they don't know about the actual target or method of attack.

:ooc: Give me a Knowledge [Bureaucracy] roll DC 20 - even though the skill-specialty is predominantly for organizations, laws and regulations, it still is about business procedures and organizations and those can be illicit as well as legal.

If successful, Farok will know the basic ins and outs of the credit values needed to secure an 'arrangement' or partnership. He will also understand the value of good intel, but he will need to HAVE good intel to offer that up as collateral instead of using credits to buy the partnership.

To garner some good intel will require a Gather Information DC 20 and will cost 1,000 credits in bribes.

Telcontar

:ooc: roger that. I was thinking that the death stick production and Bando Gora shake up would be worth something to those who deal in death sticks. But I will roll too.

KNOW BUR +11
Rolled 1d20+11 : 7 + 11, total 18

Gather Info +7
Rolled 1d20+7 : 17 + 7, total 24
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: seems like a good idea to burn a force point here for the knowledge roll to make sure this dude doesnt rat us out.
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Quote from: sdrotar on Mar 02, 2013, 11:42 PM
Quote from: Jingo on Mar 02, 2013, 07:15 PM
Kaida fumbled with the precarious stack of double de-hyrdated food stuffs and packets began to slide out. She shoved them back into the cabinet and hurriedly punched the button. With relief, she heard the hissing sound as it finally closed. Really, the man could be a little more organized! Grumbling under her breath, she stood up and saw Caden there, his eyes on her.

Had he been watching her?

"What?" she stood and put her hands on her hips. "The blasted door wouldn't shut, that's all."

"Nothing," he said. "Nothing looked good in there to me, either. Wanna get a fresher bite somewhere in town?"

"Sure," Kaida replied. "I'm not much help around here right now anyway. BIT glares at me everytime I interrupt him when they're working on my droid." She gathered her cloak, making sure her blaster and Brim's lightsaber were strapped on and concealed underneath and followed Caden.

sdrotar

"Programming's not my thing, either," he said. " He offered the crook of his elbow - he was a gentleman, after all (or fashioned himself as such, at least) as they headed for the speeder.
"What're you hungry for?" he asked, as they set out from the Aegis.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

"Now hold on there," said BIT, as he wiped the grime from his hands, giving a nonchalant but reassuring brush against his holster.  "Who sent you?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

"My advice," spoke the old Jedi, "is that you answer the questions that are being asked of you by the man in front of you before asking any other questions."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

QuoteThe man gave a visual shrug and looked at Abby and BIT who were both arms deep in their work. He gave Sam a sidelong glance, but then his eyes were drawn to a figure that moved confidently down the landing ramp. "Sir? Perhaps you would sign for it?"

:ooc: Is their droid building visible to outsiders? This is top secret stuff after all. I thought they'd be working on it inside the ship. 

Jingo

Quote from: sdrotar on Mar 04, 2013, 10:35 PM
"Programming's not my thing, either," he said. " He offered the crook of his elbow - he was a gentleman, after all (or fashioned himself as such, at least) as they headed for the speeder.
"What're you hungry for?" he asked, as they set out from the Aegis.

She took his arm and smiled at his cordiality. "Your treat," she replied about the food. "But I'm hungry for anything besides ship fare."

"Now, the programming I can more or less understand; my brother Jalek was very good with computers, you see, and some of that rubbed off on me. Though what those two are doing is beyond me," she shook her head, "And that doesn't even cover actually putting the thing together--I guess I should thank you for taking on Abby."

As they exited the Aegis, they saw the newcomer talking with the others.

She could sense the tenseness in the air.

"What's this?"

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Jared, let me give you a description of the space port the Aegis is currently berthed in so you can get an idea of what is going on. I include a simple picture below.

The Eeyrie Nexus port is a series of octagonal docking bays that each have two garages and a warehouse (see the big picture from the first post in the Gatherings thread. Each docking bay is private to some extent - there are surveillance systems, but the dockmasters are discreet, especially when a few credits cross palms. There is also an office connected to the bays - the garages and warehouses all come at a cost if used beyond standard berthing of the ship. Smugglers and legitimate merchants load, offload, and trade in these bays. There are times when the merchandise needs to be secured off ship and the warehouses can be locked. The garages are for maintenance - if the ship does not have an engineer, the port can offer services at a fee.

Okay, so the Aegis is in bay 732 and it has an opening into the central part of the port. There is a flight control tower and across a well-traveled road is a series of buildings for various purposes - fire/emergency teams, granaries for storage of ag products that are being shipped out, etc; restaurants, rental businesses, and so on.

So, to answer your question, if someone walks into the docking bay they will see the Aegis sitting there and two empty garages and a warehouse. Your Arrow-23 sits close by along with the two speeder bikes. Under the belly of the ship it is lit and BIT and Abby are currently building the droid on one of the Aegis' lowered cargo ramps. The droid's three legs are assembled but the other parts lay scattered about on work benches, so it is not recognizable yet. Once BIT/Abby have it ready to complete assembly, it can be either raised up into the cargo hold or moved into one of the open garages/warehouse. The weather on Salliche is very fair and so the two techs have been working out in the cool air.

As for your current visitor, he has entered the docking bay through its entrance... and away we go.

The atmosphere within the docking bay became tense. The courier looked from Sam who held his position between them all, to BIT who sauntered over - his blaster pistol in its holster bouncing off his leg, and the robed older man that gave the terse reply. Finally, Caden and Kaida came down the ship's landing ramp to see the gathering to which the noblewoman raised her question.

In a polite, albeit semi-stressed voice, the courier answered. "Madame, I have a message for this docking bay... er, at least someone within it, but I was not given a name." The man held up a small portable holo-projector. "I merely wanted to deliver it, but I will need someone to accept it. Can you?" His eyes left Kaida momentarily and went to Sam who stood poised at his blaster, though still as stone. The courier swallowed hard, "Please?"

sdrotar

Caden stepped in front of Kaida, unhappy that someone had revealed their position. He had every intention of finding out.
"Tell you what, kid," Caden said with a smile, "You tell me who sent you to this bay, and I'll take that little package off your hands. No muss, no fuss."

He gazed around to his armed and rather aggressive-looking companions, and then slowly, intentionally back to the nervous courier.

"Sound fair?"
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun