• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 09:52 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Forced introductions

Started by tomcat, Feb 13, 2013, 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Quote"You are quite the enigma, ma'am. Granted my men have waylaid you out here in the country, which is not a good sign of civility, but you have neither offered a name or your purpose. You question my allegiance to the Repub...Empire. You try to approach during our rally with nothing but a bribe and offered service. Service for what, I might ask?"

"One more time, young lady. Who are you and why have you sought me out? Why would you question where my allegiance lies? I want an answer and I want it now, otherwise whatever your purpose, our business will end here and now."

She couldn't just tell this man her entire plans, not flat out, not in every detail, not unless she trusted him, and how could you trust someone who held you up at gun point and demanded answers.

But perhaps, she could give him something or if not him, get some of his men thinking. Should she even take that much risk though? What if their operation failed because she revealed too much? She nodded though. Risk was inherent in all that she did now.

"I meant no disrespect Graaf Savraan." She looked him calmly in the eye, never dropping her gaze, her voice clear and crisp. "I questioned your allegiance merely to determine if I can trust you. On that point, I am still in the dark. But until that changes, I fear I cannot reveal more of my business here, and that our meeting is, for now, at an end."

She bowed her head respectfully and turned to leave. She looked over her shoulder one last time as she opened the door to the Arrow. "But, I will say this much. I wish you success in your rallies. More than you ever know. Talk and rallies can indeed accomplish much, but if you ever want to move beyond mere talk, contact me within the next three days and perhaps we can both benefit each other. I'm sure you'll be able to find me... again."

tomcat

Feb 24, 2013, 12:27 PM #16 Last Edit: Feb 24, 2013, 12:33 PM by tomcat
Kaida climbed into her seat and nodded to Caden and the others. The Bestinian took the signal and accelerated the Arrow away from the area and down the road towards the spaceport.

Savraan and his chief stood and watched the woman return to her speeder and did nothing to interdict their departure. Watching the Arrow race down the road and the dust roiling up behind it, the Graaf spoke, "So what do you think, Lito?"

"What do I think? What... if they are bureau?"

"Yea."

"I'm not sure. They are definitely not from Salliche. The woman is well-to-do; she is educated and has an aristocratic bearing, like someone who works but doesn't have to. I would say she is royalty or some senator's daughter. But are they plants by the bureau? I don't think so."

"So why are they here? What are they asking about me for?"

"I cannot answer that, Emil. But neither can I reconcile your desire to expose yourself and incite the people's wrath against Coruscant and our new emperor."

"A divided world is doomed. We need to remain united as a people, otherwise we will become nothing more than slaves to the new Order."

"Emil, there were many united worlds in the recent war - a confederacy against our former Republic. Even the confederation could not stand against the power of the Galactic Republic, and I do not believe now that there is a will to be found in the galaxy to stand up to Palpatine, not after the years of ravaging war that we just experienced."

Graaf Savraan gave no heed to his chief's comment and changed the subject back to the companions, "So if not bureau, then who and why?"

Lito sighed, "Sir, to answer that means that we present ourselves again to these people, and maybe we should do it a bit more formally." The chief of staff eyed the head of Savraan's security who had put together this prepostrous plan to waylay the strangers and try to force an answer. "If they are bureau, or if they are plants that are working for some clandestine organization that may well be linked to the bureau, then it might be wise that we keep them a bit closer."

Emil nodded at that suggestion, "All right. You will personally take a message of apology to our visitors and ask them to dinner at the estate. If the Emperor has decided to keep an eye on us through agents, then I will make sure to keep an eye on them. If they are bureau, and I want that detail determined quickly, then it may end up badly for them. We have fertilizer production that will make sure that they are never seen again."

Lito nodded at his Graaf's orders, "It shall be done, sir."

Caden kept an eye on the rearview mirror as he took the speeder up to a moderately faster speed than was allowed. No more vehicles appeared or waylaid them all the way back to the space port hub. He weaved the speeder between pedestrians, load lifters, and other speeder vehicles that were in the process of moving cargo to or from the freighters that were docked.

They still had eight days before the scheduled prisoner transfer. Sam slid his blaster pistol back into his leg storage. "If we plan to use the bridge as our stopping point, I will want to spend some time looking at its engineering. We have explosives but Abby procured the weaker type and I want to see how we can best drop that span."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok looked at the youth again and smiled, the chance of bloodshed had dropped significantly. The old man looked around at the buildings and back to the youth.

"lots of eyes around here interested in what's going on between us. Why don't we move along."

Farok wanted to get out of the alley and into some streets where there were more people. He wanted to further the limit the chances of a fight breaking out to do that he attempted to steer the leader out of the alley and into a busier street.

Once they had moved on Farok spoke in a low voice to the gang leader. "I'm not looking to muscle in on anyone's rep or disturb the sitch as it stands between the bosses. Like I said I am not here to become a player, just looking for information. I'm looking for information on the Imperial Prison that's here on the planet. I got word that an old friend of mine maybe holed up in there. I'd like to get some info on the prison, ins and outs, whos who, what kind of goods move in and out. Might be some death stick smuggling opportunities.  So, I'm looking for someone that either isn't so dedicated to their job when it stands in the way of some creds, or some folks who generally aren't thrilled with the Empire and also have the will and means to do something about it. Maybe my friend gets out early. What I need is someone on the streets who's bone box doesn't rattle and knows when there is a chance to make easy money and come out looking more connected. Now if you aint that guy or you're not interested....well when we get to the corner I can take off running and you can tell your mates you run me off and I was peddling bantha scat. If you are interested and you can get me the info or set up a meet, well....that's a different story with a different ending isn't it?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

"Eyes on the road, cap, I've got our six," said BIT, noticing that Caden was worrying a little overmuch looking back. "I agree with, you, Sam."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Jingo

"What do you think?" Kaida asked once they were safely back inside the Aegis. They had unloaded the cargo from the Arrow onto Caden's ship, and she was talking to the others as they started work on their new toy, the Droideka.

Holo-schematics spun around their heads and a multitude of tools and parts covered what seemed to be every square inch of free space in the workroom. Abby looked like she was in her own personal heaven.

Kaida idly tapped through some of the holos. She understood some of the required programming, but the engineering and mechanical nature was completely beyond her, educated though she was.

"I mean, about this Graaf Saffran and his friends? Can they be trusted?"

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Feb 24, 2013, 05:53 PM
"Eyes on the road, cap, I've got our six," said BIT, noticing that Caden was worrying a little overmuch looking back. "I agree with, you, Sam."

"Let's see if Kaida made an impression first," Caden said. "Well... more than her usual one."
He kept the speeder humming along; he had forgotten how much he enjoyed driving these things. It had been a while since he had one out on an open road.
"You can take the speeder out there tomorrow, first thing; I have a feeling we'll be occupied on the ship, anyway."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Posterboy

:ooc: I'm assuming that the group in the Arrow headed to the Aegis without first heading to the bridge. If I am mistaken, please forgive... but I am going off of Kaida's questions while looking at the Droideka schematics.

Quote from: Jingo on Feb 25, 2013, 09:01 PM
"What do you think?" Kaida asked once they were safely back inside the Aegis. They had unloaded the cargo from the Arrow onto Caden's ship, and she was talking to the others as they started work on their new toy, the Droideka.

Holo-schematics spun around their heads and a multitude of tools and parts covered what seemed to be every square inch of free space in the workroom. Abby looked like she was in her own personal heaven.

Kaida idly tapped through some of the holos. She understood some of the required programming, but the engineering and mechanical nature was completely beyond her, educated though she was.

Abby had nearly peed herself when they actually got the crate off the speeder and into the hanger of the Aegis. She had set out all the tools she figured they'd need. Tapping the keyboard on her wrist, the Arkanian accessed the tech specs for the Seperatist droid and uploaded them to the HUD display of her visor.

"What do you think?" Kaida asked.

"It's like a work of art," Abby nearly whispered breathlessly. "See this?" she asked, pointing out the elaborate, multisegmented cable which formed the droid's main power line. "That's twelve pure tricopper power couplinks overlayed with a desh-terenthium alloy sheath."

Abby sighed, "You're miss the beauty of the ingenuity here, Kaida..." Abby look up at the princess, but sensed Kaida might need some help moving past her conversation with the Graaf before she'd be able to focus on the masterpiece in front of her. Lifting the visor up and pushing back her bangs at the same time, Abby gave Kaida her full attention. Shrugging slightly, the young tech gave the princess a look that communicated both "I don't know" and "I hope so" at the same time. "Still think you did the right thing, though. That man was used to getting things his way. I think the way you ended it made you all mysterious and enticing. My mom always said the boys like a girl to be a little hard to get." She gave Kaida a winked smile. "You put yourself just far enough out of his reach that, if he has any amount of curiosity in him, he'll come looking to check you out a bit more."

Sliding visor back over her eyes, she turned her attention back to this beautiful piece of craftsmanship. "Now, check... this... out..." she said with excitement as she brought up the holo-schematics of the fusion reactor. "Wow! Just... wow!"

sdrotar

Quote from: Posterboy on Feb 28, 2013, 05:52 PM
:ooc: I'm assuming that the group in the Arrow headed to the Aegis without first heading to the bridge. If I am mistaken, please forgive...

:ooc: That's what I did, too. I just rolled with Kaida's post.

Jingo

Kaida smiled at Abby's excitement, her mind going back to the conversation with the Graaf. Why had the man accosted her? Could he still be used? Could he be trusted? And how far? And with how much information? These were answers she didn't know. She would have to trust her instincts which hadn't been notably perceptive of late. Maybe Master Farok would have more information when he returned.

"What's this part for?" she asked and began helping the others as well as she could, but still she remained thoughtful. Wary. Wondering.

GandalfOfBorg

BIT gritted his teeth as Abby poked about the droid parts.  Seeing them brought back flashbacks of his past -- he and his brothers fighting battle machines like these, blood, sweat, and screams.  With a shake of the head, the visions past him but the smells still came at him, momentarily distracting him.  "It's a power converter between the power plant and weapon systems.  Now, if you please, Abby and I have a lot of work to do...  Here," he says, handing the young mechanic a hydrospanner, "You get the body assembled, starting with the power plant... we want to make sure systems come online systematically.  I'll work on the brain with the core functions."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: You were correct on your assumptions Posterboy - these posts are great!

BIT cleared all required dice rolls to build and reprogram the droideka HERE.

So the only thing we need to do now is spend the day for the build and programming, so I am going to advance the game 24 hours to accomodate the build, but not leave you guys unable to join any scenes.

I am going to continue this thread with Ardana and Farok for now with the understanding that all the other personnel are at the Aegis.

Momentum had shifted and the gang leader knew it. He had cowed to Farok's request and ordered his people down and now the man was walking past him and giving the orders. He did not know who he was dealing with, but he needed to maintain a modicum of control - at least in front of his people. It was a krayt-eat-krayt world and the young gang leader had no intention of being usurped. As he walked beside Farok, he spoke with bravado, "All right old man...but know you try anything and I will slice and dice you."

They were now on a busy street and Farok began to talk. The youth listened while his other members dispersed and took up positions that blended in with the street. The old jedi could not help but be impressed with how any animal, or hunter, was able to meld in with its surroundings. Farok finished his request and the gang leader stared at him, "You wanna know if there is someone on the inside of the Red Center? You trying to bust your friend out or move product in to him?" He scratched at the thinly stubbled chin, "I might have some contacts that could help you... but I am in. It cost you for the link and its gonna cost you for the profits. I knows your face now old man, so give me the shiv and I will tell a stormie that I know ya. Play cool and we can make some money together."

Farok could see the calculating look on the youth's face - he was intelligent and cunning. He would make a good adversary or ally. The former jedi wondered what the end result would be.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

:ooc: Kaida helps where she can, handing tools, bringing in sandwiches and caf, helping with some minor diagnostics programming (she does have some Use Computer), and when none of that's needed she studies the enemy, their vehicles, formations, tactics, plans.

tomcat

Mar 02, 2013, 06:50 PM #27 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2013, 06:54 PM by tomcat
:ooc: As I said earlier, I am going to take us out of time flow here - Tom, finish your conversation with the gang leader, but know that you can jump into conversations at the ship, too. As long as no fight broke out and no one was hurt, of course.

Evening settled over Netassa.

The Aegis sat within her berthing, soft lights glowing from within her cabin and a brighter white light that illuminated her underbelly where BIT and Abby were working. Sam stood there, too, but the droid had gone into an inactive mode so as to charge his systems. In the center of where the two worked, a tripod of sorts had taken shape - the three awkward legs of the droideka. The droids primary system of motion - its rolling wheeled system would not be complete until the chasis was finished. Even now, Abby labored at the gyroscopes that would keep the thing balanced. There were two of them and they had to be calibrated to near perfection, any margin of error would throw the droid off balance and at the least it would not be able to attain the speed known for these machines, and at worst it would be unable to move at all in this manner. Four times now she had had to start over finding minute differences in their rotations when brought up to speed.

BIT was working on the blaster arm appendages. He was done with one and would have the other ready in about thirty minutes. Once done, and with Abby's system balanced, they could mount the rest of the droid's body structure on the tripod leg base. Last would be the insertion of the power core, the heuristic processor, and the droid's head - with its eyes and targeting system. BIT yawned. It was not yet late but the clone was worn down from all of the stress of the day. He suddenly felt his old battle instincts begin to itch again, and across the work bay it seemed that Sam felt it too.

Sam had been idle for the last couple hours, but he was not shut down. His sensors were active and his 'eyes' had been watching he landing bay's entrance. A cloaked figure now stood in the shadows of that entrance and the droid became instantly active. His right hand went to his leg where the secret compartment stored his weapon. It opened and Sam grabbed the blaster's grip, though he did not withdraw it from its holster. He walked quickly towards the shadow and spoke, "Who are you? State your business." The words were not his per se - Sam did not wish to speak them, but they were part of his standard protocol when his combat systems spooled up.

Sam brought Abby and Bit instantly aware of their 'guest'.

Inside the Aegis, Caden and Kaida busied themselves with their own activities. The captain was currently in the galley and was looking at an open cabinet of space fare. His stomach grumbled, but nothing was looking good. He wanted real food. Something that was fried, grilled, or baked and here on an agro world, there was no better place to go out and get something. Certainly there were good restaurants in Netassa. He looked down the corridor and saw Kaida messing with some gear stowage - maybe she'd like to go out and get some dinner. The two tech-heads were eyes deep in the droid outside and he knew that there would be nothing to pull them away from their fun. Instead, he could go out with Miss Pomp-and-Circumstance - not really his style, but there was no one else here. The memory of Kex came back and all the fun they had had as a couple of free merchants roaming the spaceways and finding every popular joint along the way. Caden shook the shadows away and closed the pantry cabinet.

Jingo

Kaida fumbled with the precarious stack of double de-hyrdated food stuffs and packets began to slide out. She shoved them back into the cabinet and hurriedly punched the button. With relief, she heard the hissing sound as it finally closed. Really, the man could be a little more organized! Grumbling under her breath, she stood up and saw Caden there, his eyes on her.

Had he been watching her?

"What?" she stood and put her hands on her hips. "The blasted door wouldn't shut, that's all."

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Mar 02, 2013, 07:15 PM
Kaida fumbled with the precarious stack of double de-hyrdated food stuffs and packets began to slide out. She shoved them back into the cabinet and hurriedly punched the button. With relief, she heard the hissing sound as it finally closed. Really, the man could be a little more organized! Grumbling under her breath, she stood up and saw Caden there, his eyes on her.

Had he been watching her?

"What?" she stood and put her hands on her hips. "The blasted door wouldn't shut, that's all."

"Nothing," he said. "Nothing looked good in there to me, either. Wanna get a fresher bite somewhere in town?"