• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 12:03 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Gatherings

Started by tomcat, Jan 17, 2013, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Jan 21, 2013, 07:11 PM #15 Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013, 08:13 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: Jingo on Jan 21, 2013, 06:22 PM
"Where's your sense of adventure?" Kaida smiled at the smuggler. "I mean, really. You are the one who feeds on sneaking illicit goods past Imperial patrols, and you're calling this little pep rally dangerous."

"Hey, I'd rather move legal goods!" He put his hands up in defense. "There just aren't very many worth the credits. This lettuce, for example..."
"I don't like being shot at and I don't like being on the run," he continued. "I want a sunny beach, a cool drink and a good-looking..."
He paused, making sure to keep his gaze locked. "Eyes up, flyboy," he thought.
"Never mind."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Posterboy

Quote from: sdrotar on Jan 21, 2013, 07:11 PM
"I want a sunny beach, a cool drink and a good-looking..."
He paused, making sure to look to keep his gaze locked. "Eyes up, flyboy," he thought.
"Never mind."

:ooc:  (-D Niice!

tomcat

Quote from: Jingo on Jan 21, 2013, 06:22 PMShe listened to the young man with the camera give his spiel and then responded with a friendly nod and spoke quietly for his ears alone. "Well, we might be able to help with your situation. How can I arrange a quiet meeting with this Graaf Savraan, without an imperial presence?"

The man gave Kaida a strange look, "I know the guy because he is one of the wealthy landowners, lady, but I am not on his Harvest List! Why don't you go ask someone around the stage?" With that he turned away from the awkward question. Kaida's skin suddenly felt cold. She worried that maybe she went down a path that might not have been wise, but watching the young man she could see he had no intentions beyond ending their conversation. He moved around the crowd laughing and making gestures with the comrades that rallied with him.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Jan 22, 2013, 02:25 PM #18 Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013, 02:42 PM by Jingo
Quote"Hey, I'd rather move legal goods!" He put his hands up in defense. "There just aren't very many worth the credits. This lettuce, for example..."
"I don't like being shot at and I don't like being on the run," he continued. "I want a sunny beach, a cool drink and a good-looking..."
"Never mind."

Kaida responded one eyebrow climbing. "You just don't like to work, do you? Come on, admit it." A smile played at her lips. "You crave...what? The danger? The glory? I think you'd rather pull off some flashy heist or sneak stolen goods past a blockade or, in our current case, break someone out of prison, than do something as mundane as move legal goods. I don't think you could stand to sit still on a sunny beach, no matter the coolness of the drink or the... shall we say 'exquisiteness' of your companionship."

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Jan 22, 2013, 01:21 PM
Quote from: Jingo on Jan 21, 2013, 06:22 PMShe listened to the young man with the camera give his spiel and then responded with a friendly nod and spoke quietly for his ears alone. "Well, we might be able to help with your situation. How can I arrange a quiet meeting with this Graaf Savraan, without an imperial presence?"

The man gave Kaida a strange look, "I know the guy because he is one of the wealthy landowners, lady, but I am not on his Harvest List! Why don't you go ask someone around the stage?" With that he turned away from the awkward question. Kaida's skin suddenly felt cold. She worried that maybe she went down a path that might not have been wise, but watching the young man she could see he had no intentions beyond ending their conversation. He moved around the crowd laughing and making gestures with the comrades that rallied with him.

Kaida watched him go and studied the makeshift stage. The white-armored soldiers concerned her, but not as much as someone who may have infiltrated the union whose leader she wanted to meet. What if the Empire found out about this rescue attempt all because she talked to the wrong person? She would have to be careful.

"Come on," she said to Caden and moved away from the crowd, far enough away that they wouldn't be caught up in anything dangerous, but close enough that they could watch events until the end of the rally. She leaned against a vehicle and watched, crossing the arms across her breast. She intended to study and watch and pick out who an under-lieutenant might be of this Graaf. Someone who wasn't watched as closely  but someone who could line up a meeting.

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Jan 22, 2013, 02:25 PM
Quote"Hey, I'd rather move legal goods!" He put his hands up in defense. "There just aren't very many worth the credits. This lettuce, for example..."
"Never mind."

Kaida responded one eyebrow climbing. "You just don't like to work, do you? Come on, admit it." A smile played at her lips. "You crave...what? The danger? The glory? I think you'd rather pull off some flashy heist or sneak stolen goods past a blockade or, in our current case, break someone out of prison, than do something as mundane as move legal goods. I don't think you could stand to sit still on a sunny beach, no matter the coolness of the drink or the... shall we say 'exquisiteness' of your companionship."

"Wanna bet?"
He harrumphed and followed Kaida away from the angry crowd.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Jan 26, 2013, 03:18 PM #21 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2013, 05:32 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 21, 2013, 06:29 PM:ooc: Doug, did I ever get any info on the planet with my insane galactic lore roll earlier? Btw, sorry I have been Mia I have been all over the place the last couple of weeks.

:ooc: Hey Tom, it is cool. I know you are busy. As for your knowledge, you may know anything that you want from the Wookieepedia listing on Salliche as far as common knowledge that is relevant to the Rise of the Empire era. If you are wanting to know something specific, you need to give me a little clarity on what Farok might know (or at least want to know).

more to come - just putting my daughter to bed...

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Years of court and politics made things easy for Kaida. Her eyes passed over the crowd that stood around the makeshift stage and soon she was recognizing those that were part of Graaf Savraan's detail. They stood amongst the people but their eyes faced out instead of in. Kaida had seen this many times with her own father's public addresses and the entourage that moved with him and kept him safe. She next noticed a man behind the stage that was talking to some others, probably organizing the Graaf's departure from the rally - he had to be the one she sought.

Caden suddenly drew Kaida into him close, his hands reaching around her waist. The noblewoman was about to slap him for his fresh gesture, but then noticed the two stormtroopers idly walking by. She returned Caden's attention and played the part but the Imperials took no notice of them. The Bestinian watched the troopers pass and then looked down at Kaida looking at him - her expression said you can let go now. The man cracked his winningest smile as his hands slid from around her waist.

Back in their docking bay, Sam had finished bringing the two speeder bikes out of the hold and was working on their repulsors. They had not been started since Malastare and the droid wanted to assure they would be functional when the time came. The room created in the hold was ample for the droideka's reprogramming, so Abby and BIT organized their gear.

The remaining two crew of the Aegis sat and quietly talked in the ship's lounge.

Jingo

Kaida rolled her eyes and turned from Caden. He was decidedly forward today. His hand on her waist? And jumpy too. Those storm troopers hadn't been remotely interested in them. She gave the Bestinian a sidelong look. Had he just tried to--? She shook her head. Surely, it was just to keep up the subterfuge. Besides, she and ... Caden? The man was hopeless. Handsome enough in his brash roguish sort of way, but stars above, his ship was his woman, bride, and lover! He probably planned to take the Aegis to that beach and share the drink with it. Her. Whatever.

She shook her head and concentrated, scanning the crowd. Where was their target. Ah there. She waited until the crowd began breaking up then nodded and drew Caden after her following after the man.

"Come on. We need to arrange a meeting," she slipped her arm through his and smiled as they passed another group of troopers. They were just another couple on a stroll. "Then we investigate the prisoner route," she whispered.

:ooc: She follows after the man she picked out. She'll make sure he's not being watched by anyone, and then will approach when he's alone requesting a clandestine meeting with the Graaf.

tomcat

"THEY NEED TO REMEMBER IT IS OUR HANDS THAT HAVE LEATHERED WITH THE LABOR OF TILLING THIS LAND! IT IS OUR LABOR THAT FEEDS THE REPUBLIC! GENERATIONS OF OUR KIN HAVE LIVED ON SALLICHE; TOILED TO MAKE THIS PLANET AN AGRICULTURAL TREASURE! CORUSCANT AND OUR NEW EMPEROR NEED TO REMEMBER THAT SALLICHE BELONGS TO SALLICHE AND ANSWERS TO HER OWN! WE WILL STILL WORK TO FEED THE GALAXY, BUT WE WILL NOT BECOME SLAVES IN OUR VERY HOMES!"

Savraan emphasized the last two words and brought the crowd to a roar. Every Stormtrooper in the area turned to watch, tensing as they did - there were far more Sallichans present then the three platoons of troopers could handle. The Imperial soldiers were there to police, but also to display who was the new kid on the block.

On his stage, the Graaf raised his arms triumphantly and waved at all of the people that surrounded him, his hands reaching out to shake those that were close. Kaida watched the man behind the stage as he directed security to the front and back of the platform, and then the Graaf was off, surrounded by his people. It had the affect of quieting the crowd to a small clamour of talk as the people began to disperse. Kaida grabbed Caden and they moved more quickly into the throng of farmers and workers. She kept a close eye on Savraan's apparent chief of staff as he continued to direct people even though his boss was now out of sight - probably in his vehicle and on his way back to his comfortable manse.

As they got closer and attempted to follow, a large, thick-necked man stepped between them and their path, "Where are you going?" From his vantage point, Caden could see just the empty docking facility behind the security guard and the platform. It was not an area that would be cordoned off for any reason. It just happened to be a location that had a long trailer and made for a great place to stir the proverbial pot.

Jingo

Kaida slowed. "We're here to talk to Graaf's man there," she nodded toward the man directing traffic. "If you please, I'll make it worth your while." she flashed a smile and produced a credit chit from her jacket pocket. She tossed it in his direction. "If you please," she flashed another chit before passing it back into her pocket.

Persuade skill to allow them passage 1d20+16 : 4 + 16, total 20

:ooc: She'll toss 50 creds to the man.

GandalfOfBorg

As he inventoried what equipment they had, the old battleaxe felt the need to speak.  "Hey kid," growled BIT to Abby.  "You ever reprogram a droid before?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, I'm trying to use narrative to back into my galatic lore roll. if this doesnt work we can scrap it.

Farok and Ardana exited the spaceport a moment after the others had done so. Farok was armed with his lightsaber, but Ardana only carried a baton. Its use was similar to the light saber and the owner of one would not get in as much trouble should she be stopped with one. Ardana also had the added protection of being Farok's slave. While slavery was formally illegal in the Republic and was still so under the Empire the Imperial agents had taken a weaker stance on the enslavement of non-humans. As a result the practice was more commonly seen seeping towards the core from the outer rim than previously. As a slave if the two were caught or picked up breaking the law she would probably be freed or excused of any crimes while Farok took the full brunt of the law.

The two faded into the crowd and barely paid any attention to rhetoric coming from the stage. The contacts that Farok was looking for would not be so loud about what they did or what their intentions were. His first stop was to a bar. The first place he sought out was a spaceport bar, one that catered to off worlders. He had a few drinks there to get a feel for the crowd and let the patron's eyes wander to his Twi'lek companion. He worked local bar staff with innuendos of contraband smuggling in order to get a lead on a bar with more local patrons.  From his time on Tatoonie Farok knew how the Hutt's set up and insulated their cartel. Farok was using his understanding of that same system to try and sniff out the underground here on Salliche, with a bit of luck it was probably managed by some of the Hutts that he had run across already. It was common knowledge that some systems were still Hutt space, but lesser known was the fact that their crime syndicate had expanded to greater and lesser extents throughout many more systems.

At the next bar Farok indicated that he wanted to set up an entertainment business, and at the place after that he floated the concept of dealing death sticks to over worked agricultural workers but didn't want to butt in on someone's turf. He wanted to play by the rules and respect the local rings. Knowing the cycles in seedy places he with Ardana's help and a changing story and demeanor slowly gathered information from the girls, the pimps, the dealers, and the bar staff to put together an idea of who was who in this town and what their leanings were. As the Jedi worked few he talked to would ever remember that they had spoken or what they had talked about.

Farok knew that any movement anywhere had contacts and links to organized crime. Just as they had just recently been forced to go to a local crime boss and weapons dealer he knew that others who were in need of weapons, info, or protection would have to do the same.  Also frequenting the places soldiers went meant that people who were interested in what soldiers were doing frequented those places as well.
In a short time Farok had a general idea of how popular the anti-Imperial movement really was and who some of the behind the scenes power players were.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Tom! Nice to see Farok back here! I will reply to this, Matt's and Jared's posts shortly.

tomcat

Jan 30, 2013, 06:47 PM #29 Last Edit: Feb 02, 2013, 07:12 AM by tomcat
The chit struck the man in his chest and then tumbled to the ground unheeded. No smile broke across the man's face. No look of interest in talking or negotiations. Again the man asked, his voice becoming stern, "Where do you think you are going?"

Caden noticed that there were now a number of individuals of the same ilk that were gathered around them - all of them part of the crowd, but all of them intensely watching the situation.

:ooc: I will post more for Farok either tonight or tomorrow. We'll see how I do, but for now the wife wants my time.