• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:39 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Cavern engagement - Round 8

Started by tomcat, Sep 22, 2012, 07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 22, 2012, 07:32 AM Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012, 09:03 PM by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: Shade and his Bando Gora make their final assaut in the cavern.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Anyone who has LOS to Kaida gets +1 To Hit this entire encounter due to Born Leader talent

BIT - 39/75
Brim - DEAD
Caden - 2/53
Farok - 59/72
Fett - 18/87
Kaida - 21/55
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shade - 64/93 -2 CT
BG captain - 65/102
BG soldier 1 - DEAD
BG soldier 2 - DEAD
BG sniper 1 - DEAD
BG sniper 2 - DEAD

Consumption:

PCPrimary  |  Secondary  |  Weapon 3  |  Misc
BITsniper blaster rifle 9/30  |  hvy blaster pistol 3/200  |  jetpack 5/10
Cadenblaster carbine 36/50  |  hvy blaster pistol 5/200  | 
Faroklightsaber n/a  |  blaster pistol 0/100
Kaida*blaster carbine 13/150  |  lt repeat blaster 0/150  | 
Fett*blaster carbine 43/150  |  flamethrower 0/5  |  missiles 1/4  |  jet pack 2/10
*not all weapons listed
-amunition is either power packs (50 shots each), or energy cells (6 shots each) and are added together in your total - what is in the gun and the spare clips you have

Equipment:
BIT - 285 credits, heavy blaster pistol, sniper blaster rifle w/ scope and bipod (SaV - must be aimed or take a -5 penalty to attack), shadowsuit, Arakyd Hush-About personal jetpack (5 fuel cells), sound sponge, utility belt, 5 power packs, long-range comlink, datapad, all-temperature cloak
Brim - hold-out blaster with 2 energy cells, lightsaber, 260 credits, datapad, long-range comlink, syntherope, 1 ion grenade
Caden -  heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, combat gloves, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, 3 medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), medical kit, all-temperature cloak, datapad, credit stick
Farok - lightsaber, baton, medpacs, back pack, 2 blaster pistols
Kaida - blaster carbine, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, 2 ion, shadowsuit and helmet, 2 concealed holsters, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit, credit chip, field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 4-day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmospher canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak)

Initiative:
Farok (+1) 21 (nat 20, auto first initiative)
Kaida (+11) 28
BIT (+12) 27
Fett (+11) 23
Caden (+5) 21
Shade (+14) 18
BG captain (+11) 13

Making the leap to the skiff, Caden turned to see the dark shape of the Bando Gora still in pursuit. It jumped out from the cliff's edge but could not cover the distance. A horrific yell of fear, or maybe anger, emanated from the creature as it plummeted into the blackness of the gorge below.

A much more ominous shape followed the ape-like minion. Shade, still holding his lightsaber, drew upon the power of the Force and unleashed its fury in a massive wave of energy that slammed into the skiff, including Caden and Kaida. The vehicle yawed hard to starboard at its tail-end - its repulsorlifts screaming to maintain their control in keeping the skiff aloft.

The two passengers were also battered by the Force power unleashed by Shade, but Kaida ducked down behind the skiff's control console and held on for dear life. The wave of force washed over her but only showed its passing by the dented and bent panel. Sparks flew from the controls as she tried once more to steer the craft and keep it from spiraling down to their deaths.

(I will add more once I find out what Shawn decided to do with last rounds attack result).
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Sep 22, 2012, 06:39 PM #1 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2012, 06:46 PM by Jingo
Kaida had just breathed a sigh of relief at seeing Caden clear the distance and land in the skiff. Then a heartbeat later, she saw the energy wave surge towards them from the outstretched hand of the ominous figure on the landing pad.

"Duck!" she screamed at Caden, and threw herself onto the floor of the skiff as the dark energy wave slammed into the skiff, sending it reeling. She heard armor plates buckle and squeal. She lay flat, spread-eagled, holding to the edges of the skiff's flooring, hoping to retain purchase on the wet surface as the skiff reeled like a drunkard.

The engines whined in protest, and she leaped to the controls, righting the out-of-control vehicle. "Hold on!" she gunned the engines and felt the lurch as they roared away from the platform at top speed. 

"BIT! we're coming get you!" She yelled into her comm and picked him out in her helmet display with her night vision and thermals. She headed towards him, feeling the rain soak through the seams in her armor as she flew into the darkness. "Farok and Fett, hang in there; we're coming right back! Caden and BIT do what you can to keep the enemy busy!"

She prayed they'd make it in time. Kara where are you?

:ooc:
Swift: Takes her Second Wind.
Move: Moves the vessel away at top speed.
Standard: Moves again towards BIT, but increases her altitude some so BIT still has a clear LOS and that those on the platform can only see the underside of the skiff.

Telcontar

The air was wet with moisture, so very different from where Farok had been living. He saw his companions make it to the skiff and start to pull away, but he was unconcerned. He was calm and at peace with the fact that the Dark Jedi would soon strike him down.

His ligh saber whirled in the air again in its sing song manner as he brought the blade down upon the Bando Gora Captain once more.

:ooc:DP to auto hit for 20DMG
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Seeing the Shade near the edge of the chasm, Fett smiled in his helmet. He heard Kaida call over his headset but ignored her. Didn't she know they came here for a purpose and running away did not achieve anything. "Oh well," he thought. It was not his problem... the darksider was.

Boba Fett clicked his rifle's rate of fire setting with his thumb and then double-pressed the trigger unleashing a flurry of blasterf fire at the dark figure.

Now out of the cave and flying above the gorge, Kaida's location beacon given off by her comlink was much stronger and blinked brilliantly on the Aegis' flight console. Kara adjusted her course and began a circuit that would take her around the lage mountain in front of them. That would keep the Loronar's exposure to the Dug base's anti-air batteries for awhile longer. Once on the other side they would be able to get to their friends, but the ship could come under some pretty deadly attacks.

The skiff bearing the mercenary soldiers was loaded up and now gaining speed and altitude, cruising higher over the gorge towards the cave and the battle that raged within.

:ooc: I will post Fett's attack when I am back from the store.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"You don't need to get me now, I'm the safest of all of you," BIT growled into the mic.  "Concentrate on your objective or this will be for naught!"  Keeping his calm, BIT squeezed off another shot at the remaining enemy.

RC on Shade - Roll(1d20)+12: 18,+12 Total:35
FP to increase Deflect DC - Roll(2d6)+0: 5,1,+0 Total:6
Damage - Roll(4d10)+4: 5,3,9,9,+4 Total:30
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Sep 24, 2012, 11:34 AM #5 Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012, 11:41 AM by sdrotar
 :ooc: Wait, Caden has 2 HP left? I must've misread that in Round 7. Then I'd better use the Destiny Point, since a hangnail will kill him...

Caden, still regaining his bearings after the dark-sider did... whatever that was... to their skiff, grabbed a rail  to brace himself and used his new-found higher ground to fire everything he had at the lightsaber-wielding maniac.

"We can't run," he shouted towards Kaida. "This'll be our best shot at him!"
He suspected that dying quickly at the hands of the Shade was probably preferable to whatever horrors Antturus' gangsters would devise if they otherwise survived, anyway.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

:ooc: I am pretty sure our damage counts up to our total and the number is damage sustained not HP remaining? Could be wrong though.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 24, 2012, 12:02 PM:ooc: I am pretty sure our damage counts up to our total and the number is damage sustained not HP remaining? Could be wrong though.

:ooc: Yea, Tom is correct. I have updated the situation post above, Shawn, but you are still in a pretty precarious state right now so keep an eye on that.

I am going to post for Fett now and then determine PC results - he is changing his plans as far as going to full auto. I will then post for the bad guys.

Boba Fett
SWIFTx2 - aim, Hunter's Mark if attack successful will reduce Shade -1 on the CT
STANDARD - fire at Shade
:00: DC 25 Ranged blaster carbine +9 (4d8+6) with Point blank shot and Rapid shot, +5 Familiar Foe, will include a FP
Rolled 1d20+14 : 16 + 14, total 30

dmg 4d8+6 : 6, 8, 3, 8 + 6, total 31

best of two 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8

tomcat

:ooc: Shade attempts to Deflect
REACTION - Use the Force to Deflect
:00: DC 36 Use the Force +13, includes a FP
Rolled 1d20+13 : 1 + 13, total 14

best of two 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9

tomcat

:ooc: Shade takes 31 damage from Fett for total of 64/93, and -5 CT*

This might be updated in a few, as I need to consult the rules regarding the Condition Track effects.

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, in the last round I only rolled 1d6 for FP was I supposed to roll 2d6 and take the best one?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: No, you did it right, Tom. You start rolling 2d6 and taking best of two at eighth level.

Jingo

BIT: "You don't need to get me now, I'm the safest of all of you," BIT growled into the mic.  "Concentrate on your objective or this will be for naught!

Caden: "We can't run," he shouted towards Kaida. "This'll be our best shot at him!"

They were all mad, she decided. Farok, the oh so magnificent one armed Jedi, wasn't going to save them any more than Brim was, she concluded morosely. And Fett? Oh sure, he was good with his blaster, but who knew what his agenda was? She knew Brim's death was affecting her more than it should, and she blinked aside tears of frustration inside her helmet.

A good commander would not cut and run before the mission was through, but then again, a good commander had to have the sense to cut and run when the mission was going south. To know when to cut the losses. Had she made the wrong choice? No.

"Look," she yelled to BIT and Caden on the comm above the roar of the engines and the sound of the wind and rain. "In case you haven't noticed, Brim died back there! And Britton before that. We didn't come her for all that. And how many more? We don't exactly have a lot more casualties we can 'soak up'." The sarcasm in her voice came through loud and clear.

She had tried so hard to be brave, to keep the group together. To keep their spirits up. How ironic that she was the one telling them to pack it all up, when they wanted to go out guns blazing? She shook her head angrily. She was trying to save them, but they couldn't see it.

"So unless we get Farok out of there, and get him out now, he'll die too! Not to mention that hooded monster back there nearly killed Caden and me merely by pointing at us back there. He has powers beyond any of us. We're outclassed. You call it running away if you like, I call it strategic repositioning, deal with it!"

She wasn't used to people countermanding her orders and that rubbed her wrong nearly as bad as seeing her friends blown and sliced to bits. She yanked hard on the controls to avoid a column of rock, banking around it as lightning and thunder flashed through the night in counter point to the blaster fight and explosions.

None of it had even helped in their fight against the Empire... It didn't even help in her fight to get her family back.

"We'll have to keep fighting until Kara gets here, anyway, if she gets here. But then that's all the time we've got."

:ooc: Is she aware of the other skiff yet?

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 24, 2012, 05:22 PM

:ooc: Yea, Tom is correct. I have updated the situation post above, Shawn, but you are still in a pretty precarious state right now so keep an eye on that.

:ooc: Go ahead and burn the DP to negate the Force attack, then - likely I'll need to one way or the other.

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Sep 24, 2012, 07:44 PM

"Look," Kaida yelled to BIT and Caden on the comm above the roar of the engines and the sound of the wind and rain. "In case you haven't noticed, Brim died back there! And Britton before that. We didn't come her for all that. And how many more? We don't exactly have a lot more casualties we can 'soak up'." The sarcasm in her voice came through loud and clear.

She had tried so hard to be brave, to keep the group together. To keep their spirits up. How ironic that she was the one telling them to pack it all up, when they wanted to go out guns blazing? She shook her head angrily. She was trying to save them, but they couldn't see it.

"So unless we get Farok out of there, and get him out now, he'll die too! Not to mention that hooded monster back there nearly killed Caden and me merely by pointing at us back there. He has powers beyond any of us. We're outclassed. You call it running away if you like, I call it strategic repositioning, deal with it!"

Caden had been rolling with the punches for a while now, but his frustration boiled over.
"Two things, sister," he snapped. "One, I knew Brim longer than any of of you, and he's one of my three friends this guy's killed before anyone else here even came along! Two, in case you forgot - that's my goddamned ship, and as long as I'm breathing, I decide where -- and when -- it goes. Got it?"

It came out far harsher than he intended... but it was the truth. He'd given them everything and gotten nothing but trouble in return.
So he'd at least get revenge, or die trying.

He aimed his blaster and ripped off as many shots at the cloaked figure as he could.