• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 07:48 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Gorge

Started by tomcat, Jun 17, 2012, 02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Great posts, guys. I will have an update here shortly... working on LotR right now.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Checked out and ready to go, BIT activates his armor and sound sponge.  With a flourish of he exits by diving off the cliff before igniting his jet pack thrusters.  The seasoned clone keeps a weather eye out for trouble and discrete point to land on the other side, keeping his rifle trained ahead of him.

Perception - Roll(1d20)+11: 19,+11 Total:30
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Matt, I updated and attached the Gorge overhead image to give you reference. For you to fly any length, it will cost you a number of fuel units based on how far you want to go. So, if you used 2 fuel charges, you could land on any of the side ledges that are within that range of the bar line. See the image and you will know what I am talking about.

Although your sound is reduced due to the sound sponge, it doesn't mean that your rocket engines aren't visible... so I am going to roll a Perception check for the guards along the first cliff barracks.

It is approximately 266 squares in distance from the cave skiff pad to the one by the production facility. That said, it is approximately 147 square range to the first ledge that has the enemy barracks on it. So, based on the Perception range scale in the book and that the Gran species ignores the first 50 squares of range for penalty computation,

Perception check to see rockets
:00: DC 12 Perception +3, range mod -45... pointless roll
in case of a nat 20! 1d20-42 : 15 - 42, total -27
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Sorry Matt, but after looking at the distances in squares, it will cost 2, 4, and 6 respectively in fuel charges.

tomcat

BIT heard the sound of the wind suddenly stop, along with other sounds that came from his friends. He then dove off of the ledge of the landing pad and free fell for a few moments, feeling the exhilaration of the drop. He then activated his jetpack and his vertical fall ended and his horizontal speed accelerated in seconds. He edged his control surfaces enough to also allow him some altitude back and he raced along the wall of the gorge. Along his way, BIT saw optional landing points that were most assuredly built there (not naturally formed) for sniper overwatch - or at least some kind of overwatch of the gorge transit. Fortunately for the soldier, he saw that there were not any guards presence along his path.

Brim liked Farok's idea and immediately commenced the positioning and wiring of multiple grenades. Like most thrown hand-held weapons, they were time-fused, not proximity-fused, and so the team would have to trigger them by means of a simple trip line. The first grenade would explode and then hopefully cause a cascade of new explosions as each triggered the next. The idea was sound as long as the exploding grenades were close enough to blow the next one up and not just blow it off the edge of the landing pad.

The Rodian emptied the bandolier of grenades and quickly worked on his task, even going to where his Kaida and Caden were positioned to gather more of the weapons from them. When all of the grenades were positioned, he drew out a long length of synthrope and ran it to the first explosive from a shadowed corner within the cave. It was his intention to sit quietly and draw the line as soon as their enemy made their landing. Brim spoke casually to his friends through their linked coms, about his work all the while breathing softly. The others could tell that it was his way to release the anxiety that was building within him. He also allowed the Force move through him in hopes of building his courage.

Farok aided the Rodian as best he could with his one arm, but it soon proved inefficient. Instead he moved to the center of the platform and announced his presence through the Force. Brim looked up in surprise when he felt the wave of energy ripple past him and wondered if Farok's 'ringing of the bell' was in their best interest.

The others continued their own activities, all while nervously waiting on the enemy. Fett made his way to the first floor structure just under Kaida's position. The bounty hunter entered a dark control room, all of its consoles as black as the sky outside. Again Fett could see blaster scoring across multiple places in the chamber and he knew that his father had battled here as well, many years prior. The Mandalorian smiled under his helmet, "Gonna make sure that the results are them same."

Boba Fett quickly began to look for any switch that would activate the power inside the control room and hopefully provide him with power to the E-web. He had every intention of making sure that the Shade and any of his friends had the worst welcoming reception that they could ever imagine.

The sound of rain falling hard was suddenly heard. Fett looked out the window of the control room to see Brim kneeling and positioning another grenade while being doused by a fury of rain. "That will help," thought the bounty hunter.

The Shade watched the blackness below, as the skiff he stood upon crossed over the river canyon. The lights of the base that sat before the gorge were barely visible in the torrent of the storm. It was only the motion of the skiff that finally told him that they were over the landing pad, as it turned to a perpendicular position to allow easy ingress or egress of passengers. The dark jedi and the bando gora warriors with him stepped off of the vehicle and made the short distance to the next skiff landing platform. Once there they climbed aboard, but Shade took control of the vehicle instead of allowing it to run on autopilot to the pad across the gorge. It was his intention to disperse some of his forces.

The whine of the repulsors could be heard over the rain as once more the enemy and his companions moved out over the deep black of a crevasse. The Shade began to reach out with the Force to feel his way along the canyon for any threats.

:ooc: Going to make some rolls in a bit and may require some opposed rolls, too.

tomcat

:ooc: Sense Force

Though you both have felt tremors of each other, I need rolls to determine if anyone detects the other. You will need to roll an individual UtF check to detect and conceal. Tom, I will need you to make a set of rolls, too. I will then compare the detection result of one to the conceal result of the opponent:

Brim
:00: DC opposed Use the Force +9
UtF to detect others 1d20+9 : 1 + 9, total 10

UtF to conceal self 1d20+9 : 15 + 9, total 24

Shade
:00: DC opposed Use the Force +16, cybernetics -3
UtF to detect others 1d20+13 : 20 + 13, total 33

UtF to conceal self 1d20+13 : 16 + 13, total 29

Matt, I will use your Perception roll above to see if you see the skiff launch... understand that range and weather will play into it. So, I will need you to let me know how far you flew so I can calculate modifiers. Also, it will become easier for BIT to see the skiff as either he, or it, approaches, but we'll determine that in a while.

tomcat

:ooc: Farok's UtF test rolls:

:00: DC opposed Use the Force +10
UtF to detect others 1d20+10 : 10 + 10, total 20

UtF to conceal self 1d20+10 : 18 + 10, total 28

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, going to go ahead and make some assumptions for PC's here. Since it will cost 2 fuel charges out and 2 back, going to assume that BIT will only fly to the first set of ledges that hang on the gorge walls. I have marked his new position on the map.

I am requiring a Mechanics DC 15 roll to make sure he set his trap and it will be functional. I will add the dice roll only after I am done with, and edited, my narrative post.

Brim sets the trap
:00: DC 15 Mechanics +9
Rolled 1d20+9 : 4 + 9, total 13

The Shade could feel them... feel them both. Somewhere before him and not far away. They were most likely in the cave across the gorge.

He would be ready.

The dark jedi monitored the flight of the skiff as it flew through the unclear night. It was dark and Shade decided it best to let the thing follow its programmed flight pattern. He let go of the controls and allowd the ship's onboard computer to take over. The dark warrior drew his lightsabers from his hips and moved to the front of the skiff to be ready.

BIT had realized that his fuel was going to limit him to where he should perch. Getting out and across was no problem, but getting back would definitely be challenging if he went too far. He saw the large ledge on the north side of the gorge and flew to it. The sniper landed softly and quickly moved to the far end of the landing, going prone as he did. He set up his weapon and scanned the scene before him.

There was movement far across the opposite side of the gorge where the river canyon was. A skiff was being loaded by a number of individuals. Although his scope allowed him to see, it would still make for a mighty long shot. Suddenly, the sky opened up and ran began to come down as if in sheets.

The view through his scope became almost useless. BIT lifted his head and waited and listened. It was not long before he heard the repulsors of a skiff whining high over the sound of the rain and in close proximity. He quickly put his sight to his eye again and watched as a large shadow approachd down the center corridor of the gorge making its transit to the cavern behind him.

They were ready. The companions within the cave all stood silent and motionless, waiting and watching. All that need happen now was their enemy to enter their trap.

tomcat

:ooc: He'll use a Force Point

:00: 1d6 : 5, total 5

tomcat

Jul 18, 2012, 07:23 PM #24 Last Edit: Jul 18, 2012, 07:26 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Success, and here is the updated gorge overhead.

Okay, I will wait to see if Matt gets on, otherwise the skiff is getting to the cave landing pad - or at least will be on the approach for other players to start interacting. I will start combat round posts tomorrow.

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, sorry man. I missed the post. Sounds good to me. I want to lure him in anyway, but I am still standing with my force cloak.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Sorry I tried to get a response in last night but my messages wouldn't stick.  2 fuel cell is fine.

BIT remained vigilant.  He gave a double-tap to his comm to let the group know that something was approaching.  The years of training kicked in, the sniper was steady as the stone around him with only the slight movement of his torso as he kept his rifle trained on the craft.  The weather didn't hamper his concentration or sight overmuch.  He was ready, waiting for something over by the landing pad before making his move.

Perception - Roll(1d20)+11: 18,+11 Total:29
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Jingo

"Aknowledged BIT. Keep a bead on them, we may need you to provide fire from behind whomever is coming. That should rattle them." Her training kicked in and her voice firmed up, slightly clipped and all business. No fear and oozing confidence. "Alright everyone, this is it! We are a go. Stay hidden with weapons trained on that platform. Once Brim lights up the night, commence firing. And Brim, you pull that thing when that Jedi is good and well inside the radius, got me? The force willing we'll blow him to kingdom come without an up close and personal fight. Good luck everyone!" Adrenaline spiked as it always did. But she merely swallowed and breathed even deep breaths. She checked her carbine one last time and watched for their approach through her night vision and thermals. No turning back now.