• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 23, 2024, 10:58 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Eldanar fields - round 3

Started by tomcat, May 26, 2012, 06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The Company is approaching the southern flank of Eldanar and have found that it is under the watch of 5 Barghest - hounds of Angmar.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -3 penalty to melee or ranged combat within the fog.
  • The barghest may cause Fear if they take a Full-round action to howl; results will be determined then
  • Durgil suffers -2 for being Panicked
  • Madoc suffers -2 for being Panicked (upgraded due to his companions arriving and Edrahil countering the Barghests fear
  • H1 - Unnerved, No action allowed in round 3 and -4 to all tests
    H2 - Unnerved, No action allowed in round 3 and -4 to all tests
    H3 - Unnerved, No action allowed in round 3 and -4 to all tests
    H5 - Unnerved, No action allowed in round 3 and -4 to all tests
    H4 - Unmanned, flees
    H6 - Unmanned, flees

Initiative
Dirnhael (+5) - 14
Celdrahil (+6) - 11
Madoc (+7) - 10
Fengel (+3) - 9
Durgil (+2) - 8
Edrahil (+2) - 7
Ginnar (+2) - 4
Barghests (+4) - No actions this round

The Company rode up to see Madoc panting from his stress, although he seemed more himself now that Edrahil had commanded the creatures down. Around him and Durgil, four of the Barghests grovelled - their fore legs and head low to the ground while they whined and yipped, their snouts snapping at the air. The other two dogs ran back towards the castle ruin.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"Agh! We're coming for ya, lads!" called Ginnar.  His axe raised in defiance of the dark creatures, ready to bury it into flesh and sinew and bone.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Celdrahil rode through the mists spear leveled like an image of Tulkas from the first age. The mists made it hard to see, but when the Gondorian came out of the fog is was as if he and the horse were one, floating through the air at terrible speed. When he came upon the beasts he showed no mercy to the hounds of Angmar.
Riding through he pack he stabbed one with his couched spear, and instead of holding on to the weapon he left it quivering where it struck. The young Prince knew his true skill was with the sword so in a fluid fast movement his sword Herth-hathol flashed from its scabbard and struck at the next beast as he passed through the pack.

:ooc: Valiant (Brg test for +2 Courage.
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8

If Successful Warrior Born +2 to AC for battle for one Courage Point.

Attack 1 Spear:
Rolled 2d6+9 : 1, 1 + 9, total 11

DMG:
Rolled 2d6+3 : 5, 6 + 3, total 14
plus x1.5 for charging

Swift Action Draw Sword

Attack 2 Longsword
Rolled 2d6+19 : 3, 5 + 19, total 27

DMG:
Rolled 2d6+7 : 3, 2 + 7, total 12
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Dirnhael lowered Vorandur parallel to the ground as his horse thundered across the plain, drawing his arm back to sweep the blade across the beasts as a farmer would his wheat.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Nolmir

Seeing his companions come thundering down the incline, Madoc steeled himself, turned and ran back toward the beasts. He would not allow himself to be seen as any more of a coward than he had already shown himself. As he neared the closest one, he swung his sword.

Armed Combat: Blades (Longsword): 10 + 2 (specialty):
Rolled 2d6+12 : 3, 5 + 12, total 20

tomcat

Jun 04, 2012, 01:28 PM #5 Last Edit: Jun 04, 2012, 01:30 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay, to determine what has happened so far...

Dirnhael attacks H1 and H2 (2 actions)
:00: TN 13 Armed Combat +17, Spec +2, Mist -3, Fighting on horseback -2
vs H1 2d6+14 : 4, 2 + 14, total 20

vs H2 2d6+14 : 3, 4 + 14, total 21

damage is successful H1 2d6+7 : 1, 3 + 7, total 11

damage is successful H2 2d6+7 : 4, 6 + 7, total 17

Celdrahil... Tom, I do not know what it is for you and the roller. It is wild how the dice fall for you. Anyway,

Vailiant Bearing test gains a +1 for your Bearing modifier, but still misses by 1
Spear attack is a double 1 result, which requires another d6 roll to determine the penalty (see my house rule for double 1's):

:00: Roll(1d6)+0: 3,+0 Total:3

So, result for spear attack is 8 which failed. Sword attack is success with 26 (not sure what makes up your +19 mod, I have it at +18), for 12 damage on H3

Madoc is successful with his attack on H5, but the result is a 19 due to -1 Dazed penalty (everyone remember to either check your sheets or the round details I post at the top of each round.

Damage to H5 is:
Rolled 2d6+5 : 1, 3 + 5, total 9
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: I will wrap up this round tonight.

GandalfOfBorg

Jun 04, 2012, 01:51 PM #7 Last Edit: Jun 04, 2012, 04:40 PM by GandalfOfBorg
Ginnar jumps down of the steed to meet the hellish enemy and plants his axe squarely in the skull of the nearest beast.
:ooc:
AC: Axes (BA) - Roll(2d6)+17: 3,6,+17 Total:26
Damage - Roll(2d6)+11: 6,6,+11 Total:23

Durgil recovers himself and his courage surging with the arrival of his friends, he joins them in putting a bit of fear into the hearts of the beasts, putting both hands into his attacks.
:ooc:
AC: Blades (LS) - Roll(2d6)+7: 4,2,+7 Total:13
Damage - Roll(2d6)+3: 1,4,+3 Total:8
AC: Blades (LS) - Roll(2d6)+7: 4,4,+7 Total:15
Damage - Roll(2d6)+3: 4,3,+3 Total:10
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

The other +1 I believe was for a charge. I typed in all the mods when I rolled but didn't use the right brackets so it didn't show up. Then I didn't edit it because it would have said I altered the rolls. Now I can't remember exactly what it was.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: will the sword get a charge bonus to damage?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Cool, I got it now Tom! Thanks for the help on that. Yes, I am going to grant the sword attacks with the Charge bonus - this goes for Dirnhael's attacks as well.

Final damage results to barghests:

Celdrahil on H3: 8
Madoc on H5: 9
Dirnhael on H1: 16
Dirnhael on H2: 25
Ginnar on H3: 23
Durgil on H1: 8
Durgil on H2: 10

H4 and H6 ran back towards the castle. I am going to have Fengel pursue them and he attacks:

Fengel attacks H4
:00: TN 13 AC (spear) +7, Spec +2, Charge +1, Fog -3
Rolled 2d6+10 : 2, 1 + 10, total 13

damage if successful x1.5 2d6+4 : 3, 3 + 4, total 10

tomcat

:ooc: As I stated, I am only giving the barghests three health levels at:

Healthy -0
Injured -3
Incapacitated -7

They have 14 health per level.

H1 has taken 24/42 damage and is Injured -3
H2 has taken 35/42 damage and is Incapacitated -7
H3 has taken 41/42 damage and is Incapacitated -7
H5 has taken 9/42 damage

The companions rode through the hounds and quickly drew up to turn back on the animals. The effect of the first attack had been devastating. Ginnar looked at the now mishaped skull that his axe had cleaved and wondered how the beast still stood. Still, the Dwarf could see there was little fight left in the barghest.

Fengel had pursued beyond Durgil and Madoc's position but lost the last two in the fog. He reined his horse and looked over his shoulder to see that the two scouts were now well protected. He thought about continuing the pursuit but immediately knew it to be foolish.

Dirnhael held Vorandúr still level at his side, the black ichor from the hounds unable to dull or cover its bright gleam. His mount seemed a bit appreensive to approach again, but his spurs chided it on. There was little left to do but finish off the unclean dogs. Their mottled fur was broken up by patches of hairlessness and the skin was raw or had open sores. Whoever had bred the animals had put through terrible punishment.

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, my damage should be 18 from my sword. 12x1.5 for charge is 18.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear