• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:08 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ravine ambush - round 2

Started by tomcat, May 09, 2012, 07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

May 15, 2012, 11:54 AM #15 Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:31 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Success... Brim is missed by the attack, but Logar is hit for 31 for 72/72, which reduces to 0 HP, overcomes the threshold and is a kill.

I would normally allow the PC a chance to survive with a Destiny Point spent, but because there is no player for Logar I think I am going let the attack stand as it will. If you guys want to appeal this ruling, let me know what you think and if enough players want to keep Logar alive in the party, I will reconsider.

For now, here is the narrative. The X on the map marks Logar's resting place.

The Bando Gora's talent allows him to return Battle Strike to his suite due to the kill.

Brim ducked under the green-glowing force pike and could feel the strength of the attack in the very air. He gave a personal sigh of relief, which quickly soured when he heard the terrible sounds behind him.

From her position, Kaida watched as the Bando Gora moved so rapidly, as if in a haze and then it reappeared before Logar'Dan. The creature's force pike smashed into the shell-armor around her friend, cracking it open and then piercing his chest. Logar made a terrible grunt and then an unsettling tearing noise was heard. The Bando Gora's weapon appearred from the backside of Logar, its end sparkling with green, evil energy. Logar'Dan fell to his knees and the enemy withdrew his pike - the body toppled sideways, his life already gone.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: BIT hits for 19 damage on sniper, 19/32 CT -1

Fett lowers his rifle at the Gora grunt
STANDARD - fires on BG grunt 1
:00: DC 16 Ranged blaster carbine +9 (4d8+6) with Point blank shot and Rapid shot
Rolled 1d20+9 : 15 + 9, total 24

damage if successful 4d8+6 : 5, 1, 2, 6 + 6, total 20

Caden moves to the sound of the attack
MOVE - 6 squares
STANDARD - fires on BG soldier 2
:00: DC 19 Ranged carbine blaster +8 (3d8+4) with Point blank shot, cover (Kaida) -5
Rolled 1d20+3 : 20 + 3, total 23

damage if successful 3d8+4 : 3, 4, 6 + 4, total 17
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: NICE roll for Caden - critical doubles the damage done

Fett hits BG grunt 1 for 20 damage, 20/47 CT-1

Caden hits BG soldier 2 for 34 damage, 34/59 CT -1

That just leaves Farok's actions in this round, otherwise I am going to post the new thread.

Telcontar

:ooc: I dont think of Farok going last all the time I prefer to think of it as him skipping the first round and going really early in round two.  ;D

The one armed man saw the mercenary fall in front of him. The electric looking light of the pikes was disturbing to Farok, it bothered him in a nauseating way as his opponent channeled the dark side of the force. A Jedi must face his opponents without fear, and sometimes without mercy

Twirling his lightsaber in his unique way he closed on his opponent and struck.

Rolled 1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9

damage:
Rolled 2d8+4 : 8, 3 + 4, total 15
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

:ooc: yup dice roller is working like a charm.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Dude! I am not sure if you have had a success yet in an attack with the dice roller!