• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 08:26 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Eldanar Revisited

Started by tomcat, Apr 19, 2012, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: I have just realized that I have not made mention of Ginnar since our return to this game... I think that I am going to write the Dwarf out of the story. I have two NPC's to run as it is and the less the merrier.

If someone wants to pick up the part and play two PC's, let me know and I will start including him again.

My two NPC rolls above are successful, but I will add my narrative regarding their success after I see everyone elses results.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Observe (Spot) - Roll(2d6)+5: 6,6,+5 Total:17
Roll(1d6)+0: 3,+0 Total:3
Final Total: 20
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

:ooc:observe spot roll
Rolled 2d6+8 : 3, 1 + 8, total 12
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

:00: Observe (Spot) roll:
Rolled 2d6+4 : 4, 3 + 4, total 11
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Nolmir

Observe (Spot) +2
Rolled 2d6+2 : 5, 6 + 2, total 13

tomcat

Durgil noticed that there was something alive around the castle - carrion birds either hung on the winds above or sat upon the crumbled stone. Madoc, too, stared at the distant structure but had yet to catch sight of any moving thing, but Durgil directed his gaze. They both now wondered at what would make large crows and buzzards cling so close to the castle, unless it be the corpses of men. Would the walking dead render themselves to be consumed?

The noble saw new movement amongst the stones along the western wall that still stood mostly intact. A large black bird flared its wings out to try and gain loft away from an attacker, which appeared to be a hound. Durgil squinted to see how big the dog was and saw that it was not alone. The animal was a large breed and it had three other companions - two of which laid upon the ruins while the third tore into another bird that must have gotten too close.

On the ridgeline behind, the other companions arrived at last. Edrahil scanned the depressions floor until he saw two gray figures moving towards Eldanar. The Sindar then looked to the castle and he too noticed the hounds milling about the entrance. He looked to Fengel who suddenly spoke and pointed, "Seems that the new resident of Eldanar has placed sentries at his door in the form of dogs."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Apr 29, 2012, 04:20 AM #21 Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012, 04:23 AM by GandalfOfBorg
Time has not come to confront these sentinels yet so Durgil motioned to guide Madoc around the perimeter of the ruined stonework to see if there are any other opportunities of ingress while keeping an eye on those savage dogs.

:ooc: Doug, I'll take over the character Ginnar unless someone else has contacted you about it.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

Celdrahil reigned in his mount and observed the castle, waiting for a sign to proceed.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

"Dogs," Dirnhael murmured. Such simple animals, but how difficult they were to slip past.
"What are they guarding," he thought. Camentir's entire army, gone without a trace, but no sentries in place, nothing but dogs to guard a ruined castle... and rumors of the walking dead.
They had to proceed carefully; they could be facing almost any dark vision the mind could conjure.

Nolmir

Madoc followed Durgil's lead, glancing back up to the edge of the hollow, where they had entered. "Let's just not take our time; I think we should return to our companions before too long."

GandalfOfBorg

"I don't plan taking any more time than needed but we must know what we are up against," whispered Durgil.

:ooc:  if needed again as we move around the ruins,
Stealth (Sneak) - (6+1)+4+2=13
Stealth (Hide) - (4+2)+4+2=12
Observe (Spot) - (3+2)+3+2=10
Observe (Hear) - (6+5)+3+2=16
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Edrahil stared hard at the animals and even as Fengel spoke, the Sindar commented, "Aye, Fengel, but what wicked wardens these beasts be! T'is no natural hound that guards the gates of Eldanar! These curs have unnatural jaws and it looks as if their very bodies rot... and those eyes!"

The Elf's urgent words caused all five of the companions to start... after all, two of their companions were walking right into their lair.

On the lower plain, Durgil moved low across the grassland with Madoc in close proximity. The two began a circuitous route around the old keep moving to the east and the broken wall still coveredin old, tangled vines.

:ooc: Hey Matt, that is fine for you to take Ginnar. I will get character sheet transfered to you shortly.

I will need Madoc to also give me Stealth (Hide and Sneak) test rolls - the Observe tests are at your discretion. I am rolling the hounds Scent and Listen tests now. They will be used as opposed numbers against both PC's rolls.

Barghest Hear roll
:00: TN opposed Observe +10, Speciatly +2, Keen-eared +5, distance from PC's -10
Rolled 2d6+7 : 6, 1 + 7, total 14

Barghest Scent roll
:00: TN opposed Observe +10, Speciatly +2, Keen-eared +5, distance from PC's -8
Rolled 2d6+9 : 6, 4 + 9, total 19

sdrotar

"We must alert them," Dirnhael said urgently.
He hoped that the two scouts would peer back in their direction, but there was a very good chance that they would not.

"How many do you see," he asked Edrahil. "We may have no choice but to join them... or lose them."

GandalfOfBorg

May 01, 2012, 02:58 AM #28 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:00 AM by GandalfOfBorg
Ginnar sat ill at ease even upon the sturdy steed that dwarves are wont to use.  "Gah!  My axe has cleaved naught but wood and mattock to dirt and stone for far too long.  It is restless in my hands boys and the blood of these devilish hounds will do.  What are we waiting for?"

:ooc:
oooo durgil and madoc are screwed  hehe
Gwaithlim Weapons

Nolmir

:ooc:Stealth (Sneak) +9
Rolled 2d6+9 : 5, 2 + 9, total 16

Stealth (Hide) +6
Rolled 2d6+6 : 1, 6 + 6, total 13