• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 04:36 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Enemy unseen, ally unnerved

Started by tomcat, Feb 24, 2012, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: Telcontar on Apr 16, 2012, 05:04 PM
"Then the best course of action might not be to ride so openly. Perhaps we can scrounge enough cloaks and blankets from the Northmen site to disguise ourselves. The ruse would not work up close, but from a distance we may be mistaken for simple soldiers, or a lost and wandering patrol. I doubt our foe moves much during the full light of day, but I am sure that their spies are about, as we draw closer they will guard their lair in some manner.

"A sensible precaution," Dirnhael said with a nod.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

Celdrahil set about disguising his equipment and concealing the make up of the party. He spied the northman again, "So your still here. Have you taken the auguries and decided on a course of action?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Nolmir

Madoc cleared his throat. "Excuse me, but I do not know the high speech of your kind. Would someone be so kind as to tell me what is going on?" His polite speech emphasized the daggers his glare shot at Celdrahil.

Telcontar

"As soon as our guest who has served in the ranks of the Witch King's Army makes his allegiance known I'd be happy to relate our battle plans in the common speech."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! Tom, Celdrahil loves to make the relationship between himself and Madoc an icy one!  ;)

Fengel watched from across the circle as Celdrahil and Madoc shared barbs. He then spoke, "Fear not Madoc... I do not know this old tongue either, but these men have never kept any secrets from me. I will say in regards to your plan, Celdrahil, that we would need to do more than disguise our mounts. The Angmarim do not ride horses," he gestured, "rather those shaggy dogs over there. I call them dogs for surely they are not the noble steeds upon which we, or my people, would ride." It could be heard in the Éothraim's voice the actual contempt for the animals. The ponies of the north were short and shaggy, but very strong. They were not great in number like the beasts of Rhovanion, and so to have such a herd was to say something for the scouting party that had ridden them.

Edrahil looked to the Angmarim, "You spoke earlier of your camp being filled with the sick and the dying and the undead taking them. Did you mean this company of horsemen? This camp, or Caer Beldwyn?" The northman bit at his lip, "I spoke of my home village... the dead rose from where they had been laid." The Sindar pressed further, "If these shades are allies of the Witch-king, why was your company overtaken and routed?" The question brought all the others up to look... none had asked this. The Angmarim scout answered, "We were overtaken by the Shades... but only after we had been waylaid by horsemen of the South. My companions were slain... all save me and one other. Before we were all killed, the dusk turned darker with fell voices and a death chill that went to the bone. The South Lords were driven back by these shades and then they too retreated back north and east. My companion was no where to be found and the dead had followed the darkness. Twas but me and all of the panicked horses that milled about."

"So Camentir's Third Host was about and have engaged this nightmare," said the Éothraim. The Elf spoke next, "Per Madoc's message form Mithrandir, the dark Lord within the castle Eldanar carries upon him a talisman that would end this dead rising. It seems that our errand may require more than reconnaissance."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

"Your questions were pointed and deft Edrahil, I did not think to dissect the story further."

"Well nothing more can be done here, we must push on to Eldanar. I am loath to leave my mount here, and I doubt Fengel will consent to ride the northern ponies either. Then is it to be plan A? Ride in open might to Eldanar, storm the castle, stick a sword into something that is already dead, rob it, and ride south into great glory."

The Gondorian smiled.

"I like this plan, its simple and my sword Herth-hathol has been anxious to be drawn again."

Celdrahil tossed the reigns to the Angmarim, "Your road is before you, you should get going before we change our mind and treat you as an enemy patrol upon a contested border as we should have."

To emphasize his point an inch of steel was bared from the scabbard of the warrior.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

"Temperance, my friend," soothed Durgil, laying a hand upon the shoulder of Celdrahil.  "I still believe there is information to be gleaned of the road ahead regardless where our path takes us.  I submit that Madoc and I range ahead on foot while the rest ready yourselves and maybe give a little more time for planning.  I am still a scout says my training and mind, whatever the ring upon my finger may say."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

"Indeed," Dirnhael said, nodding to Durgil. "While I prefer to face my enemies directly, riding openly into Barad Eldanar would be suicide. We must be discrete - whatever bauble the dark forces hold must be taken and destroyed. Stealth will be our greatest weapon."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Nolmir

Madoc nodded in agreement with Durgil's suggestion. "Aye, I imagine two men on foot would draw far less attention than the whole lot of us on horseback."

And, anything to get a moment's peace from that stuck up Dunadan, he added silently to himself.

Telcontar

"I was looking forward to thundering across the plain spear leveled, but so be it. Perhaps knowing more of what occured Fengel and I can find some more information about these shades at the place the Angmarim encountered them. Then we can mount up and follow you two."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear