• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:33 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Earthen Ramparts

Started by tomcat, Nov 30, 2011, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Mud and water fountained into the air from the laser cannon blasts from Kaida's speeder. It had not effectively hit either of the Nexu that remained, but it was loud and it cowed the two predators. The wounds they had taken thus far and the frightful noise of the speeders passing caused both of the beasts to leap back from their prey and try to escape.

Logar'Dan slipped off the back of his speeder as it slowed, allowing its forward momentum to continue clearing his path and line of fire, as he landed. He brought his blaster rifle up in time to see the Nexu in front of Caden begin to back away from its attack. Kaida continued to stay on her bike and she began a large circle around the area where her friends had been engaged. Not far away, Fett came to a landing and jogged to the scene.

The nexu were disengaging - it was over for now.

:ooc: If that is what you guys want - you are welcome to attack the Nexu again to finish them, but understand they will also attack.

Trevulo heard the cannon fire echo down the valley. Was that his people on the speeder bikes? Who or what were they engaging? He needed to know. He gave a harumph and went back to the ladder that led him down to the second level of the tower. Inside the small round chamber was the large, non-portable communication unit that he had for his base. Again he grumped about the inefficiency of it all. The few headset comms he had were on his forward snipers and his rear turrets. The speeders had their own communications, but he was stuck with this... he sighed.

The Dug picked up the microphone and headset in what would be feet for every other species. He tapped the transmit button and spoke to whomever would answer. No reply would come because no one out there who heard him call spoke his language.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Kaida slowed her speeder and also dismounted. "Sorry about the noise from the cannons, but I figured you'd prefer it to getting gutted by one of those things." She looked up at the light in the sky and checked her chronometer. "I think we've caused enough ruckus for the day. We don't know what's in that tower we saw through the trees. Lets proceed under cover of darkness, though we have to assume they know that someone is out here."

Telcontar

:ooc: if hte nexu back off does that provoke an AoO?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

Sam saw the Nexu disengage and lowered his rifle. He listened to the alien language on the headset and keyed it a few times while tapping his manipulators against the deck of the blind to transmit a sound. He began to record any audio that replied.

Telcontar

Farok stood poised in his Makashi stance and watched as the wounded creature slunk off into the foliage and underbrush. When he was certain that it was gone he lowered and deactivated his lightsaber for a moment and then examined all his wounds.

"I should have stayed in the Cantina." He reached to the flask on his hip and took a quick swallow and then sparked up a small cheroot cigar. Once he had it going he activated his comlink.

"This is Farok, the furballs are pulling out, but it's a safe bet the cartel knows we are here. We may want to rethink our approach , between snipers and bags of teeth and claws this is hard going. Farok out."

Farok took a couple more pulls off of his cigar and spoke again, "Oh Kara sweetheart, when Caden's got you done sweeping out the ship think you can whip us up some sandwiches? We jungeleers are starving. Oh this is Farok...ahhh Farok out."

With that the one armed man sat down against a tree and enjoyed what was left of his cigar while the party regrouped. 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Boba Fett looked at the trio who had been engaged with the nexu - all were wounded in some capacity. These people were being sought by Hutts, the Empire, and the Black Sun? He silently shook his head in wonder. There didn't seem a major threat here. He let the thoughts fade and spoke, "Kaida is right. We need to rest for the night and get an early start under the cover of morning shadow. It will also give us time to treat the wounded and allow them to heal. Let's move towards the valley wall." Fett pointed to the south, "There is higher, dryer ground up there. I can guarantee that those nexu won't be bothering us again... they will seek easier prey." The bounty hunter than transmitted to Sam, "Sam, this is Fett. We shall be settling for the night to rest and heal. Can you keep position where you are and keep watch?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Dec 01, 2011, 01:37 PM #6 Last Edit: Dec 01, 2011, 07:14 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: Jingo on Nov 30, 2011, 07:29 PM
Kaida slowed her speeder and also dismounted. "Sorry about the noise from the cannons, but I figured you'd prefer it to getting gutted by one of those things."

"You got that right," Caden remarked, patting and wincing at his wounds. "This hasn't been the vacation I planned," he said, to no one in particular.

Quote from: Telcontar on Dec 01, 2011, 06:09 AM
Farok took a couple more pulls off of his cigar and spoke again, "Oh Kara sweetheart, when Caden's got you done sweeping out the ship think you can whip us up some sandwiches? We jungeleers are starving."

Caden smiled. Lightsaber or no - one arm or no - Kara was going to get him back for that.
And as far as "sweeping the ship"? Caden thought it sounded preferable to this.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

Kaida nodded at Fett's assessment, but quickly looked at each wounded team member anyway, just to make sure no one was going to die on her. When she was satisfied they'd make it to the campsite, she nodded to Bobba, "Lead the way then, Mr. Fett."

:ooc: Once a camp was established with a watch, she'll do Treat Injury to replenish lost HPs on the most injured first.

Telcontar

Dec 01, 2011, 07:08 PM #8 Last Edit: Dec 01, 2011, 07:09 PM by Telcontar
Farok stood when the Princess came to check his wounds and bowed his head as she approached. "Your highness I am well. My age it seems is beginning to catch up with me perhaps, though I am more accustomed to the dangers of the open sands and no water than to this wet and thick planet. I am not used to operating in the height of day like a sand creature I have grown used to being about at dawn and dusk. It is no matter; a short rest is all I need. Tell me what did you see on your reconnaissance? Fighting our way up this valley will not serve us to attack the cartel when we reach its end. We are a team, not an army."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

sdrotar

Dec 01, 2011, 07:18 PM #9 Last Edit: Dec 02, 2011, 12:30 PM by sdrotar
 :ooc: Modified post to fit better with other character's narratives.

Quote from: Telcontar on Dec 01, 2011, 07:08 PM
We are a team, not an army."

Caden harrumphed. They certainly weren't an army. A team, however? Caden had to admit that was coming along surprisingly well, given the circumstances.

"Thanks," he said with a genuine smile to Kaida after she tended to him. The pain and fatigue had begun to subside already, however...
"Sure we don't have time for a nap or something?" he asked. The looks of his companions gave him his answer.

tomcat

:ooc: Awesome! I will update tomorrow.

donimator

Sam acknowledged Fett's request and scanned the area to try and discern any other possible approaches. He stood motionless and watched. He kept listening to the headset, recording any transmissions. He would analyze the voices to assign them to different individuals to start a count of how many they may be dealing with.

Jingo

Dec 02, 2011, 04:55 PM #12 Last Edit: Dec 03, 2011, 07:25 AM by Jingo
Kaida smiled grimly and nodded in agreement at Farok's assessment. "You are certainly right on that point. We are NOT an army."

She sighed and stood. "I think we all know they're aware someone is out here and has penetrated their perimeter. Personally, a part of me wants to call off this mess while we still can. The other part of me says the momentum we have just might see us through."

She hadn't really wanted to go on this little escapade in the first place. If you can call luring a dark jedi out of hiding "little". But she needed them and their skills for what was beginning to take shape in her mind.

Yet at the same time, she kept seeing images of Britton's body, his armor blacked and burnt with blaster marks flash through her head, the product of their last assault. She ran a hand wearily through her hair.

"Look," She addressed the team, "I don't think we should waste our lives or blood on a pointless assault. If you all still want to go through with this, that's fine, I'm with you. But you should know that we've lost the element of surprise. That's something we at least had in our infiltration against the Imperial prison, and we all know how that ended. Here, we have to assume they know that we've penetrated their perimeter. We could be meeting sniper nests and who knows what else, every step of the way, not to mention who or what might be waiting to surprise us at their compound."

She looked at the group. "What do you think? Is this worth continuing?"

sdrotar

Caden was conflicted. Kaida was right - their chances of success had diminished greatly.

But the group Antturus represented was real - and potent. If their names could be cleared, the value would be immeasurable. The Empire was getting stronger, and they couldn't last forever as enemies of the state.

"I'm no soldier," he finally said. But i've committed my ship - everything I have - to this, and I don't have anything else to lose. If I could win my freedom, then it's worth the risk. I've risked everything on all of you, and I have to believe that it's worth it."

Caden trailed off; he wasn't sure he quite believed himself...

Telcontar

Farok took long slow pulls off of his cigar as he looked around the room at his companions. "True Princess we have lost the element of surprise, but that can be gained by doing something unexpected. If we sit here the initiative passes to them. Right now they know something is out there but they don't know what. We have the advantage of knowing more about them than they do of us."

Farok mentally went through the assets they possessed in his head. An inspiration occurred to him then, whether through the force or a good idea fairy he wasn't certain, but he smiled.

"Let's load one of the speeders up with explosives and ram it into the rampart. That should surprise them."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear