• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:16 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prison attack - round 14

Started by tomcat, May 18, 2011, 01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The party is split up - five on the second floor of the prison (Logar, Britton, Kaida, Sam and Kara) and one on the third floor (Brim), and Caden flies the Aegis above the prison; the troopers attack again.

Team Alpha 2 - 2 Regular troopers (S22 and S25), 2 heavy troopers (H9-10), 1 Officer (O5), and ISBO Falken Wright (ready to attack into prison area)

Team Alpha 3 - 4 Regular troopers (S11-14), 1 heavy troopers (H5), 1 Officer (O3) (incapacitated - all unconscious in prison level 2)
Team Alpha 1 - destroyed
Team Alpha 4 - destroyed
Team Alpha 5 - destroyed

Situational Modifiers: Logar is at CT -1; Sam is CT -1; Kara is CT -1

Physical Modifiers: none

Initiative:

Kaida (+11) 31
Logar (+11) 27
Brim (+7) 27
Britton DEAD
Sam (+6) 20
Imperials (+3) 18
Caden (+5) 15
Kara (+6) 13
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

May 18, 2011, 03:09 PM #1 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:43 PM by Jingo
:ooc: Assuming Destiny and Force Point rules from the previous thread don't save Britton's life, I'm assuming there's a Medical Kit (pg 138) on the ship, right? If we can get him to the ship in time or the medical kit down to him in time, Kaida might be able to do revive him using Treat Injury skill (Revivify rules on pg 75.).

watanabe

:ooc: frack, forgot to mention it last round, but I'd like to take a second wind this round.  (-D  Might be a good time for people to take their second winds.

sdrotar

:ooc: At this point, if Caden can see any Imperials in the windows from his vantage point, he's going to fire if he gets the chance.

From his vantage point, Caden could see blaster fire light up the windows of the prison - the fight was moving upwards. That was good, but the fact that his companions were still in one at all wasn't.

"Sam, come in," he shouted across the comlink, as in turn, he tried to raise each and every one of them.

He pivoted the Aegis slightly, trying to draw a bead on any Imperials in the building with the personnel cannon. He'd rather be topside, ready to extract at a moment's notice, but first, he needed to make sure there was anyone to extract at all...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

May 18, 2011, 07:36 PM #4 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:45 PM by Jingo
:ooc: Ok, all of this is assuming Britton is really flatlined.

Kaida saw and felt the defening explosions. She fell behind the dead dropper to avoid the fragmentation. When the smoke and haze cleared enough, she saw Britton's unmoving, smoking form, covered in debris lying on the kitchen floor. The others were a little worse for wear, but were thankfully still moving at least--for now anyway. But Britton...

"Britton! No!" she screamed. Picking herself up, she darted across the room avoiding blaster fire from the storm troopers and scrambled into the kitchen.

"Sam, Logar!" she coughed through the smoke and dust. "Give me covering fire down the hallway! Kara! Get in here and help me with Britton!" A part of her mind yammered that this was unwise. That she was risking the entire group and possibly even the operation on saving one soldier. But she couldn't stand by and do nothing. Not when she had a chance. Besides, Britton was one of them. A friend. A freedom fighter.

Reaching her fallen comrade, Kaida dragged his still form a few more feet into the relative protection of the kitchen. Then she started working on him, stripping off armor plating. She called into her comm, she tried to keep her voice calm but couldn't keep the urgency out. "Brim! Caden!" she called into her comm. "We need the medical kit from the ship down here now! Britton doesn't look good, and I've no time!"

She pulled out a first aid med pac and started to work on him, doing what she could before Brim and Caden could get the med kit.

:ooc: Assuming Britton can't use a force or destiny point to avoid damage, Kaida will use her Treat Injury--specifically the Revivify on p 75 of the Core book. This is what she's trained for. She'll use a force point if she has to. If both Caden and Brim do double moves/run actions to drop the kit down the foot of the ladder this turn, Kaida can maybe save his life.
Move Action - Moves to Britton, moves him a little further into the room close to the ladder.
Swift Action - Does Inspire Haste on either Brim or Caden to help get the med kit.
Standard Action- Begins her Full Round action to revive Britton. She'll need that med kit el pronto though.

Telcontar

The hall was spattered with gore and the stench of ozone. Burnt armor and scorched walls greeted the eye as the door opened and the second floor of the prison came into view. The damage was extensive and dead friends and allies littered the ground. Such was the scene for the Imperials as they entered the prison. Grenades sailed into the room followed by blaster fire, the shards peppering Britton as he sought the safety of the ladder.
He fell as a ruined tower finds the earth. As if in great haste the form of the man crashed upon the tiles of the prison, his limbs at twisted angles and blood streamed from his nose and ears. The swords he bore on his back broken and twisted.
Kaida rolled him over on his side and he looked at her. His body twitched, trying to respond to the demands of his brain, but could only form a half smile and twisted grin. "I bought you time to leave, what are you doing here? Don't waste my gift... I'm sure all the guys tell you that..." The dark blood of deep wounds painted his teeth and then filled his mouth as his eyes lost the ability to focus.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

"Blast you, Britton!" Kaida shouted as she jammed another syringe of bacta into him. "Stay with me! Where's that med kit?" She called into the comm.

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on May 18, 2011, 10:37 PM
"Blast you, Britton!" Kaida shouted as she jammed another syringe of bacta into him. "Stay with me! Where's that med kit?" She called into the comm.

:ooc: I feel pretty bad here, but unless I missed something, Caden's still circling the prison in the Aegis, and hasn't been able to establish communication with anyone yet (though that's up to Tomcat - I'm not sure we've directly addressed that yet). Last I saw, Brim was still cutting a hatch in the roof. I suppose I'd need to land atop the building, get the med kit and run it down into the prison first - if the hatch is complete? Or are we just doing some narrative to give Britton a quality send-off?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

donimator

Sam had seen battle, a lot of battle. He knew that trying to save Britton under these circumstances would only lead to new casualties. He looked to the ladder longingly. Then to Kaida trying to revive their friend. Hydraulic fluid leaked down his leg and at least six redundant systems had kicked in. Every possible outcome aside from flight seemed destined for tragedy. Every instinct told him to run. Instead he turned it up a notch and plunged back into the fight. He fired as he ran across the corridor, hoping to draw some attention away from those in the kitchen.

Sam's actions
Swift: Hot-wired processor (+1 circumstance bonus to ranged attack)
Move: 1 sq. south
Standard: Ranged Attack S25
Blaster Pistol+8, Hot-wired +1, PB Shot +1, CT -1:  1d20+9 : 7 + 9, total 16

Dmg, if hit, 3d6+3, +1 PB Shot:  3d6+4 : 1, 2, 1 + 4, total 8

Move.2 (Running Attack feat): Move SE and south rest of move down corridor

Jingo

Quote from: sdrotar on May 19, 2011, 01:20 AM

:ooc: I feel pretty bad here, but unless I missed something, Caden's still circling the prison in the Aegis, and hasn't been able to establish communication with anyone yet (though that's up to Tomcat - I'm not sure we've directly addressed that yet). Last I saw, Brim was still cutting a hatch in the roof. I suppose I'd need to land atop the building, get the med kit and run it down into the prison first - if the hatch is complete? Or are we just doing some narrative to give Britton a quality send-off?

:ooc: I thought Brim did cut the hole and I had assumed you had already landed--my bad on my part if not.  :( Confusion of battle I guess. Anyway, guess we better see what the GM rules for all of this.

Telcontar

:ooc: game mechanics aside its a pretty cool way to go out. I'll take those two nat 20 rolls like a champ and move on. Alas Britton Rand the skane of your life was woven to short...
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

May 19, 2011, 01:32 PM #11 Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:35 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Hey All! Sorry for the delay and leaving you stranded with the what-to-do's with Britton.

First, as I stated in Round 13 and as Tom has posted above, he likes the dramatic ending for Britton - as do I. Not trying to kill PC's but it is cool when a PC is slain in a dramatic way (i.e. Lunduf). So, I have no problem Jingo if you change Kaida's actions, but I love it if you keep it all as is for story... it really is good. Also, as a note on mechanics - a Full Round action means you do nothing else, meaning no SWIFT, and no MOVE.

Brim is still cutting through the roof hatch. The hatch had 50 HIT POINTS and is down to 19 - he has a bit more to go.

Caden - you can't see any Imperials via windows or openings, so no options to fire on them. Sorry. You are still flying around above the facility and so cannot get the MED KITS to Kaida. You may land at any time with a Pilot DC 12 (due to air circulation boxes and antenna on the roof).

Kara - I ajusted your character sheet for a second wind.

I will post more later when I get home.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

:ooc:

Thanks, I'll post when it is my turn.  ;D

Jingo

:ooc: Cool. I'm fine with it as long as Tom is OK with Britton going out in a bang and starting a diff char. So we'll keep things as is. Kaida will still attempt to save his life this round since that's what she'd do anyway. Since we can't get the med kit and there's nothing she can really do for him, I'll add this flavor text:

Britton gave a last haggard breath and Kaida began to realize there was nothing she could do. Her hands were covered with his blood as she tried to save his life. But there was too much internal bleeding, and now he wasn't breathing and his heart had stopped. She could hear through the team's commlink that Caden was still landing the ship and Brim was still cutting their escape route open. There was no way the med kit would be here in time. She should have brought it with her!

She did compressions anyway, hoping that each one would somehow turn back the clock a second. Maybe if she did them fast enough, he would look at her again. She angrily blinked away the tears. It wasn't supposed to end link this. She pounded a fist on Britton's chest in frustration again and again, and then gave a ragged cry. She rested her head on his chest. It wasn't supposed to end... not like this.

"He's gone," she said in a voice above the whisper. She doubted anyone could hear it above the fighting but then again her comlink was still turned on. Maybe they could. "Britton's dead."

Callowmoryne

May 20, 2011, 08:38 AM #14 Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:46 PM by tomcat
"Damn!" Logar growled. " I think he was just starting to like me." He had seen alot of death, stood beside alot of walking corpsezs in more than a few trenches. This one actually stung. Watching Kaida cry over Brittons body tore at his heart, or what passed for one in Logar Dans chest. " Im sorry Kaida. But we gotta go. Or his death means Frak-all. So lets get out of here."

:ooc: Logar will stand guard at the steps hoping to guard the rear as the ladies exit... Oh and reloadj