• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 08:22 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prison attack - round 10

Started by tomcat, May 05, 2011, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The party is split up - three on the second floor of the prison (Logar, Britton and Kara) and three on the third floor (Kaida, Sam, Brim), and Caden flies the Aegis above the prison; the troopers attack again.

Team Alpha 2 - 5 Regular troopers (S21-25), 2 heavy troopers (H9-10), 1 Officer (O5), and ISBO Falken Wright (unegaged on stairs up to the second floor near maintenance shack)

Team Alpha 4 - 5 Regular troopers (S16-20), 2 heavy troopers (H7-8), 1 Officer (O4) (engaged in Prison)

Team Alpha 3 - incapacitated - 4 Regular troopers (S11-14), 1 heavy troopers (H5), 1 Officer (O3) (all unconscious in prison level 2)
Team Alpha 1 - destroyed
Team Alpha 5 - destroyed

Situational Modifiers: none

Physical Modifiers: none

Initiative:

Kaida (+11) 31
Logar (+11) 27
Brim (+7) 27
Britton (+9) 24
Sam (+6) 20
Imperials (+3) 18
Caden (+5) 15
Kara (+6) 13

Seeing the stormtroopers, the pirates immediately brought their weapons up. Unfortunately, the small confines of the corridor only allowed the Weequay commander and one of his crew to fire. Falken had also ordered the attack and so the Imperials and pirates each traded a life. The pirate captain also was hit, the blaster bolt burning a large chunk out of his left shoulder. He fell to one knee in pain, but yelled the order for his men to keep coming. "WE HAVE TO PUSH THROUGH!"

On the third floor of the prison, Antar Danjapa looked at Kaida and Brim in disbelief. They had heard the commotion, but the prisoners on three did not have any idea what was going on down below. The engineer looked at the two with a face that wondered if death or salvation was now knocking.

Logar and Britton had finally felt the first real sting of battle. The frag grenade had gone off not four meters away from Logar and small, razor-sharp shards of steel had ripped into his jumpsuit. He could feel warm and wet patches on his suit and he knew he was bleeding.

Britton had not fared much better as the stormtrooper raced up on his corner and opened up with his blaster. The close range autofire had overwhelmed the soldiers defenses and he staggered as he was hit. Fortunately for Britton, the other grenade that had been thrown had taken a bad bounce and went in the other direction to explode harmlessly, although deafening.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: again shaky on the rules. sorry guys. This is my intent. what do i need to do or roll mechanically.

Britton leaned the carbine around the corner and fired into the stormtrooper standing there(S18). He then pivots the gun to fire on S17 and S20
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

Sam heard the commotion downstairs and the tell-tale pop of Imperial frag grenades ans the discharge frequency of their blasters. Kara? he called down, but the frequency of grenade detonations told him things couldn't be going well. He slid down the ladder.

:ooc: Doug, I'm not sure if it will be a full move to get down the ladder or a half. If he can get to the second level and fire on S16, he will - roll below.

Fire on S16, Blaster +8, PB Shot +1 1d20+9 : 12 + 9, total 21

Damage, if hit - 3d6+3,+1 PB Shot 3d6+4 : 2, 6, 1 + 4, total 13

sdrotar

:ooc: I don't know if I'll have an action this round, so I'll post this now in at attempt to keep things moving. Tomcat, feel free to insert it where appropriate.

Caden circled the prison in the Aegis, alert for any signs of activity that could pose a hazard to the ship.
As long as there were none, he'd stay at a safe elevation and try to raise the others on the comlink.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Shawn, you have your standard action allowance this round. Because you are flying the ship your MOVE would move the ship, your attack would fire its guns, etc. You are welcome to land the Aegis on the roof in if you want. There are some antenna and ventilation boxes, but a Pilot DC 12 will put you down safely.

Don, it will require just 1 MOVE action to slide down the ladder and attack, so I will give you results here in a few.

Tom, I will post your actions for you here in a few, too.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Kaida looked Antar Danjapa up and down. She smiled a welcoming smile. "I am Kaida. This is Brim. We're here to rescue you. Come on!"

:ooc: What race is he again? Human? Other? I as a player can't remember who he is exactly except that Sen Organa wanted him rescued. If he resists coming, she'll sweet talk him with her sweet persuasion skill, explaining who she is, why she's here and why it's in his best interests to come with them rather than rot in an imperial cell. I know, it's a hard line to sell...  :]
Sweet Talk Persuasion: 1d20+15 : 6 + 15, total 21

:ooc: Assuming I can hear the whines of Aegis's engines, Kaida calls into her comm... hoping he was in proximity to hear.

"Caden?! Is that you?"

:ooc: If she gets through to him she'll continue with this...

Then she gave him the run down. "We have the prisoner. We'll try to meet you on top of the facility." Then she called into her comlink. "Britton, here the blazes are you!? I have the prisoner. We're attempting to extract up top!" She ran down the hallway back to the ladder, pulling Antar by one arm.

"Alright Brim, cut us that hole."

watanabe

Frack, Kara told herself as she heard the grenades going off.  For once she wished she carried something bigger than a grenade, instead she moved to the door aimed her blaster pistol at the first stormtrooper she saw and pulled the trigger.

tomcat

:ooc: Sorry for the delay, guys. Came down with a head cold on Friday and the medication has left me bubble-headed and tired. Anyway, on with the story...

Starting with Kaida... Jingo, the prison door will need to be opened and Brim has just the right tool! Regarding your questions, Danjapa is a human male engineer who was/is part of the development team of a new type of fighter (the X-wing - not that your PC's know what that is). Organa wants him and his info so that the fighter may be developed in secret and have use in any potential coup against the Empire (again, your PC's know none of this, I am just giving you the reason why you were put at risk). Lastly, yes, you can hear the whining sounds of the Aegis' repulsors.

"You are here to rescue me?"

Before Danjapa's question could be answered, Brim ignited his lightsaber and plunged it into the door. He swept it in a circle cutting out the entire electronic latch that kept is secure. It fell to the floor with a heavy clunk still smoking and glowing red-hot where the metal had been burnt.

"Yes," answered Brim. "We are here to see you safely from this place and if you could please come now that would be greatly beneficial, as our friends are currently under heavy fire from the Imperials."

The look on the engineer's face was one of wonder and fear - happy that freedom was before him, but fear of who, and why, he had been freed. Still, he  pushed open the bars and stepped outside the cell. From across the hall, a voice spoke, "Come on Danjapa! You can't leave me here!"

The trio turned to see another man standing behind his bars, a pleading look on his face. His name was Varon Nidor and he and Antar and he had become good acquainances over the last year chatting across the hall. The engineer looked helplessly at Varon and then back and forth to his rescuers.

:ooc: If you decide to rescue him, it will require Brim staying around for another combat round to have another standard action to cut open his cell.

Combat results for everyone else to follow in my next thread... may be a little while as I may need to get up and start the Mother's Day stuff... we shall see if I am called  ;)

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! Yes, she just sent me a text summons!  (-D Man my timing is so in sync with how she works. Anyway, this is good because John is away on a Family Reunion and maybe by the time I get back from my day of spoiling my girl, he'll have had a chance to post for Logar. If not, I will do his post for him for this round, and give you all the results of the combat round. Until then... ciao!

tomcat

:ooc: first let me roll for you guys and then I will post the Imperials

SAM hits and kills S16

LOGAR
STANDARD - Logar fires on S17
:00: DC 16 Ranged +9
blaster fire 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22

damage if successful 3d8+3 : 1, 5, 4 + 3, total 13

BRITTON
STANDARD - fires on S18
:00: DC 16 Ranged +8
blaster fire 1d20+8 : 18 + 8, total 26

damage if successful 3d8+3 : 1, 5, 2 + 3, total 11

tomcat

:ooc: S17 is dead; S18 is at 0 HP and CT Helpless

IMPERIALS attack...

O4 gives up standard action to S19

S19
MOVES - to new position on map
STANDARD - autofires on Logar
:00: DC 10 (22) Ranged +4, Born leader +1
blaster fire 1 1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25

blaster fire 2 1d20+5 : 17 + 5, total 22

damage if successful 1 3d8 : 8, 1, 5, total 14

damage if successful 1 3d8 : 2, 3, 2, total 7

S20
STANDARD - autofires on Logar
:00: DC 10 (22) Ranged +4, Born leader +1
blaster fire 1d20+5 : 8 + 5, total 13

damage if successful 3d8 : 4, 1, 4, total 9

tomcat

:ooc: OUCH! I thought I might get one nat 20 in there! Logar takes the following damge:

From S19 does (14 x 2 for nat 20) = 28 + 7 = 35
From S20 does half of 9 = 4, for a total of 39, and he is reduced to 4 hit points and is CT -1

KARA attacks
MOVES - to new position on map
STANDARD - fires on S20
:00: DC 16 Ranged +7
blaster fire 1d20+7 : 10 + 7, total 17

damage if successful 3d6+6 : 4, 3, 4 + 6, total 17

tomcat

May 09, 2011, 02:01 PM #12 Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:04 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Kara kills S20

The pirates took another casualty and so did the Imperials.

Kaida and Danjapa run for the roof exit.

END OF ROUND

Jingo

There wasn't time to argue and she hoped a few more seconds wouldn't make much more of a difference. "Cut him free, Brim. Then we go!" Surely Caden wouldn't mind another crewmate. She gave a small smile picturing the sour look on his face.

"Lets go!"

:ooc: After Danjapa's friend is free, then she'll lead the way to the roof.