• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 08:18 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prison attack - round 9

Started by tomcat, May 01, 2011, 07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

May 01, 2011, 07:31 AM Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:49 PM by tomcat
Situation: The party is split up - three on the second floor of the prison (Logar, Britton and Kara) and three on the third floor (Kaida, Sam, Brim); the troopers attack again.

Team Alpha 1 - destroyed

Team Alpha 2 - 5 Regular troopers (S21-25), 2 heavy troopers (H9-10), 1 Officer (O5), and ISBO Falken Wright (unegaged on stairs up to the second floor near maintenance shack)

Team Alpha 3 - incapacitated - 4 Regular troopers (S11-14), 1 heavy troopers (H5), 1 Officer (O3) (all unconscious in prison level 2)

Team Alpha 4 - 5 Regular troopers (S16-20), 2 heavy troopers (H7-8), 1 Officer (O4) (engaged in Prison)

Team Alpha 5 - destroyed

Situational Modifiers: none

Physical Modifiers: none

Initiative:

Kaida (+11) 31
Logar (+11) 27
Brim (+7) 27
Britton (+9) 24
Sam (+6) 20
Imperials (+3) 18
Kara (+6) 13

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Kaida ran down the hallway to find the cell door. "Brim," she called into her comm. "We need a way out--can you cut us a hole up top?" They needed a quick egress.

:ooc: Full round action - run action, down the hallway to the cell.

donimator

Sam found the upper hatch locked. He inspected the lid and the hinges and the latch and computed a multitude of different methods to open the hatch from the mundane to the exotic. Then he heard Kaida's suggestion. "That'll work" Sam slid down the ladder with careful fluctuations of his magnetic soles to clear the way for Brim. He stood at the ladder opening to the second level to help anyone climbing up.

tomcat

Brim heard Kaida's request not only from his comm, but also because he was right behind her. "I will cut the ceiling hatch open in a minute. Right now, you need me to cut Danjapa free."

Full round action - run after Kaida

Kaida and Brim are at the end of the first row of cells. Understand that although a RUN action constitutes more squares move than I did, a Run has to be in a straight line... sorry. So, Kaida and Brim will get to Danjapa in round 10, and then round 11 to actually cut the guy free.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Doug not sure if this works but can i just kneel down and hold my actions till they round the corner?

donimator

May 04, 2011, 05:53 AM #5 Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:55 AM by donimator
 :ooc: Doug, just wondering regarding movement for Kaida and Brim - would 2 move actions get them closer? 6 and 6? I think for Kaida, it might put her within a half move of the cell for next turn. Just thinking out loud - We're using structured movement to keep in synch with the combat, but those on the third level are not being threatened. Should there be any additional leeway for what actions can be performed?

tomcat

Quote from: Callowmoryne on May 04, 2011, 04:28 AM:ooc: Doug not sure if this works but can i just kneel down and hold my actions till they round the corner?

:ooc: Hey John, yes, you may delay your actions in a round until your enemy moves, but you will permanently change your position in the Initiative order to the after the enemy moves. The idea is that you give up initiative in the combat and won't get it back. So, if you want to delay let me know, otherwise you can move and attack, or forfeit your actions this round.

Sorry there isn't a better answer.

Quote from: donimator on May 04, 2011, 05:53 AM:ooc: Doug, just wondering regarding movement for Kaida and Brim - would 2 move actions get them closer? 6 and 6? I think for Kaida, it might put her within a half move of the cell for next turn. Just thinking out loud - We're using structured movement to keep in synch with the combat, but those on the third level are not being threatened. Should there be any additional leeway for what actions can be performed?

:ooc: Hey Don, yes, a PC can make two 6 square moves in a round, or Run up to four times your speed as a Full-round action. Unfortunately, when you run it has to be in a straight line - so that is why they are where they are. The run from the kitchen area to the hallway where Danjapa sits waiting. They will still need to make another double move in round 10 to get into a position to affect his cell.

As for granting further actions due to no threats, I am going to say no. My reasons are two: 1) I want to stay in action allowance order for all PC's; 2) Even though they are not threatened directly, they are still in the stress of combat. Their friends are threatened and that may cause them to rush, or be hasty, and make them make mistakes. Adrenaline is still rushing and that has a natural tendency to make time slow down for the combattant.

I agree with your thoughts in that it would seem more appropriate to allow for more actions, but I don't want to make this easy for you guys either. If you are still in a different mindset as to my ruling, I welcome any alternate positions to maybe change my mind.  ;)

Callowmoryne

Logar was loving life. But was starting to wonder if they'd bitten off more than they could chew. " We got an entire bandolier of those frags." He called out. " If you round that corner im gonna blow us all to hell." He didnt think that would stall them, but they had just seen several members of their attack group shredded to pieces and anything was worth a shot at this point.

:ooc:
Move action 3 squares north
Standard action strip H5 of any frags he may have

Jingo

:ooc: In that case Kaida will change from a run action to more controlled jog/trot-- ie double move. That way she'll keep her dex bonus to her Ref defense if she's attacked.

tomcat

May 04, 2011, 03:57 PM #9 Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:11 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Jingo and Don - I re-thought my ruling. I am going to allow the run with a turn at the corner. I mean who can't turn while running, especially when you are not being shot at and really wanna get the hell outta somewhere. SO, I have re-positioned you on the map attached based on 4x 6 movement.

Jingo, you may want to re-think your re-think!  ;)

Logar retrieves one frag grenade from H5.

I just need to know what Britton wants to do and then I can make the Imperial moves.

Jingo

:ooc: Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing.  :) I'm good where you put her. Thanks!!

Telcontar

I am going to grab a better gun than the one i have, move three squares east and one south. THen wait for them to come around the corner.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Cool! Britton picks up a Blaster Carbine it has the following stats:

Damage 3d8; may fire in single shot, or autofire, power pack holds 50 shots

The Imperial troops had seen their companions ripped to shreds by the explosives that had been thrown. Their mood was set and they held their rifles tighter as they filtered into the prison, stepping gingerly over the remains. Two of the troopers unsecured grenades of their own. The infiltrators would be stopped here.

Imperials go...

MOVE actions to positions on map...

S16 makes double MOVE
S19 makes double MOVE
S17, S18, S20, H7, O4 makes single MOVE

SWIFT actions...
O4 activates Born Leader relaying a +1 bonus to all attacks to all allies in LOS.
S17 and S20 pull grenades

STANDARD actions...
O4 activates Trust and gives his standard action to S18

S17 and S20 lob grenades at points A and B on the map, respectively
:00: DC 10 Ranged comat +3, Born leader mod +1
grenade A 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12

grenade B 1d20+4 : 4 + 4, total 8

damage if successful grenade A 4d6 : 6, 1, 1, 5, total 13

damage if successful grenade B 4d6 : 6, 4, 4, 4, total 18

S18 autofires on Britton 2 times (due to Trust bonus above)
:00: DC 24 Ranged comat +4, Born leader mod +1, Autofire -5
blaster attack 1 1d20+0 : 15, total 15

blaster attack 2 1d20+0 : 10, total 10

damage if successful blaster attack 1 3d8 : 3, 6, 8, total 17

damage if successful blaster attack 2 3d8 : 6, 8, 8, total 22

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, results...

Logar takes damage from the grenade that hit point A. Fortunately it is only half of the damage rolled so he takes 6.  :csu:
The grenade thrown to point B missed and affects no one.

Britton is hit twice by S18 auto blaster fire. This is an area attack and so he only takes half of the damage amounts rolled or 8 + 11 = 19.  :csu:

The Imperials that were coming up the stairs and onto the second floor of Admin will be running into the pirates being unloaded by Caden... I will roll out that firefight and post it as narrative in the next combat thread.