• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 07:20 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prison attack - round 8

Started by tomcat, Apr 28, 2011, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The party is split up - three on the second floor of the prison (Logar, Britton and Kara) and three on the third floor (Kaida, Sam, Brim); the troopers attack again.

Team Alpha 1 - destroyed

Team Alpha 2 - 5 Regular troopers, 2 heavy troopers, 1 Officer, and ISBO Falken Wright (unegaged on stairs up to the second floor near maintenance shack)

Team Alpha 3 - incapacitated - 4 Regular troopers, 1 heavy troopers, 1 Officer (all unconscious in prison level 2)

Team Alpha 4 - 5 Regular troopers, 2 heavy troopers, 1 Officer (unengaged on second floor of Admin)

Team Alpha 5 - 5 Regular troopers made up of the remaining troopers of team Alpha 5 and 1 (engaged in Prison)

Situational Modifiers: none

Physical Modifiers: none

Initiative:

Kaida (+11) 31
Logar (+11) 27
Brim (+7) 27
Britton (+9) 24
Sam (+6) 20
Imperials (+3) 18
Kara (+6) 13

Logar had no sooner taken position on the corner readying to turn and fire when three white-armored stormtroopers ran into his view. Both he and they were surprised, but it did not stop them from lowering weapons and firing.

One floor above, Sam had the schematics of the prison in his database and knew where their target was. They needed to get to him, and free him, now.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

The surprise was mutual but brief. Logar let out a snarl and spit at the nearest trooper. They lowered their rifles to fire but Logar was quicker. He raised his rifle and quickly palmed his last Frag grenade. He gave that trooper his evilest grin and gently rolled the frag between his legs. And dashed quickly back around the corner of the shower. "Snukbugs are on us Brit!"

:ooc:
Quick Action quickdraw Frag grenade
Standard action toss greande in the midst of S5-S9-S10
Rolled 1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28

Damage if successful
Rolled 4d6+3 : 4, 5, 3, 3 + 3, total 18

Move Action 2 squares north 3 squares west

donimator

"Let's get our man and cover the elevator and ladder until the others make it up...and let's hope Caden is waiting," Sam added as an afterthought. "Kaida, maybe you should get Danjapa. He way not take too kindly to a droid appearing at his cell." Sam continued to climb the ladder to make sure they roof access would open.

Telcontar

:ooc: OK I am shaky on the game mechanics but this is what i want to do.

Britton heard Logar's call that there were more Imps in the wire. He removed a frag grenade from the fallen storm trooper in front of him and immediately following the blast of Logar's grenade he followed up with his own.

"Round two coming in Logar!"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Hey John, I am going to adjust your post slightly to add your Running attack ability. Instead of throwing the grenade and then moving, he will  move 2 squares north, throw the grenade, and then three west. The game mechanics state that an explosive weapon act immediately upon your attack and Logar would have been caught in the blast. So, Running attack feat made this an easy one.

I will finish my thoughts tomorrow and give you all the results then... I am really tired after last night being up until 2:30 AM and then getting up at 7.

I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Kadia nodded to the droid's suggestion and moved to the prisoner's door.
"We're retrieving the prisoner now!" she called into the team's comm. "Just keep the imps off of us for a few more moments."
She silently prayed Caden and the Aegis would be up top for extraction. They had been lucky no one had been seriously hurt so far. They'd be hard pressed to hold that luck if they had to fight through a score of imperial troopers looking for another way out.

:ooc:
Move Action - Moves to door.
Standard Action - Activates Born Leader for anyone in her LOS to give them a +1 bonus.
Swift Action - Does Inspire Haste on SAM in case he needs to do any Standard Action diagnostic calculations or determine their odds of survival.  ;)

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, I am going to give you guys the results based on what you have posted.

Britton - Tom, here is how the mechanics would breakdown with your narrative. Picking up the grenade from one of the dead troopers would constitute a MOVE action. Due to your current position, the troopers have cover from you. You would need to MOVE again this round to get into a position to attack, which means your attack waits until next round. Let me know what you want to do.

Kaida - I am moving you based on your movement allowance in a round so that we keep in time with the combat on level 2. I have MOVED you your six limit. If you want to MOVE further, then you need to change your STANDARD action.

Logar - John, that was a perfect attack! I keep feeding these troopers into the grinder. I thought maybe they would get some fire on you this time!

The grenade goes off in the midst of the troopers. S5, S8, S9, and S10 die from the explosion!

Imperials go...

MOVE - S4, H7, H8 all move six to their perspective positions; O4, S16, S17, S18, S19, S20 all do double MOVES to their positions.
STANDARD - S4 tosses his own grenade down the wall towards Britton and Logar
:00: DC 10, Ranged +3
frag grenade 1d20+3 : 2 + 3, total 5

damage if successful 4d6 : 2, 4, 6, 1, total 13

Heavy troopers H7 and H8 will sacrifice the remainder of their actions, as there is nothing to shoot.

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! He couldn't even hit a DC 10!

Logar's grenade was expertly placed. The thing exploded in the midst of the charging troopers and they were instantly killed by the terrible, shredding fragments - save one. Seeing the soldier disappear behind a wall, the trooper ran to a position against the corner and threw a grenade of his own. The weapon left the troopers hand, but it hit the archway leading into the refresher facility. It bounced incorrectly and exploded harmlesly, although the sound was horrific.

Still, the two men were now in a perilous position as the troops of Alpha Team four made it to the prison and began to fan out.

On the floor above, Kaida moved off to find Danjapa. Sam finished his climb to the top of the ladder and found the steel hatch securely locked.

Telcontar

Can I throw the grenade to bounce it off of the kitchen wall and bank it into the area where the troopers are? Also is the lift in the prison floor on our level?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: The closest thing I can find to the rules answering this is a Ricochet shot in the Scum and Villainy book. I am posing this question on the SWSE boards to see if there is something you can try. Otherwise, no.

The elevator doors have closed and it was making some awful noises due to the damage.

Telcontar

so we have one way out. nice.

what about rolling it? I only have to get it past the shower wall and it will be in the effect radius of the Imps.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I am going to allow the banked grenade throw, but the only Target that will be available to you will be S4 - all the other troopers don't move into place until after your initiative.

Per the Angled Toss feat, you are able to bank thrown weapon attacks with a DC 15. Because you don't have the feat, it will be a DC 20. If you hit the roll, you will either do full or half damage once compared to the Reflex score.

Telcontar

OK my base attack is plus 6 not sure of the other modifiers.
DC 20
Rolled 1d20+6 : 18 + 6, total 24

DMG:
Rolled 4d6 : 3, 5, 5, 4, total 17
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: All right, Britton succeeds in the bank shot with his grenade and kills trooper S4, thus his attack that went wild did not occur. All of the other troopers do enter the room upon their turn.

This round is over and we will be acting in Round 9.