• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 10:42 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prison attack - round 7

Started by tomcat, Apr 24, 2011, 11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Apr 24, 2011, 11:10 AM Last Edit: Apr 25, 2011, 07:40 AM by tomcat
Situation: The party is on the second floor of the prison and now troopers attack.

ISBO Falken Wright is on the first floor under the Control Room.

Team Alpha 1 - destroyed

Team Alpha 2 - 5 Regular troopers, 2 heavy troopers, 1 Officer (unegaged on first floor of Admin and now moving with Falken)

Team Alpha 3 - 4 Regular troopers, 1 heavy troopers, 1 Officer (all unconscious in prison level 2)

Team Alpha 4 - 5 Regular troopers, 2 heavy troopers, 1 Officer (unengaged on second floor of Admin)

Team Alpha 5 - 5 Regular troopers made up of the remaining troopers of team Alpha 5 and 1 (unengaged in Control room)

Situational Modifiers: none

Physical Modifiers: none

Initiative:

Kaida (+11) 31
Logar (+11) 27
Brim (+7) 27
Britton (+9) 24
Sam (+6) 20
Imperials (+3) 18
Kara (+6) 13

The troopers in the Control room began to move. Exiting the base's center, they saw their comrades of Team Alpha 4 who had come the distance from the stairs. They were now thirteen strong and all knew that they would be enough to put an end to the attack.

To the engineer, one of the troopers yelled, "We need all communications shutdown in this prison except Imperial channels! I want you to use the comm tower and put a blanket of noise through all bandwidths, save ours. Whoever they are, they are working their way up and there is no way out of here except to come back down - so we don't want them calling for any help."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: damn i knew i should have called and preped the Aegis last round.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Apr 25, 2011, 03:55 PM #2 Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011, 06:47 PM by Jingo
"We're here!" Kaida called into her comm, a sheet of perspiration appearing on her forehead from the recent adrenaline rush. She took up position momentarily in the doorway and covered the hallway until Sam passed her and then she followed the droid up the ladder.

:ooc: Kaida moves 1 west and 2 north and takes up a position in the doorway so as to have cover from the wall but with LOS down the hallway she just left. She'll hold her standard action in case she see's any imps. If so, she'll shoot her final 10 rnd burst for this power pack.

Kaida does a double-move up the ladder, following SAM

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Do we notice the com blackout doug, is there another way to signal the Aegis people? Cause Logar is gonna lean heavily toward retaking the com room, just to elimenate the oposition and safeguard our exit strategy. He might have to go rogue : )

donimator

With the group assembled again, Sam made for the ladder. His cogitators recognized the similarity to the similar situation earlier. Once more he was climbing a ladder into the unknown. A human mind might consider it déjà vu, but to Sam it was simply the probable outcome of ascending using secondary modes. Irregardless, he was less cautious now. Whatever was above could be little worse than what was approaching from below (it couldn't be, right Doug?).

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Nvm i guess ill follow the group, id like to try to loot O3 or H5 if either has any grenades or other goodys in plain veiw

watanabe

Telcontar

:ooc: 3rd floor and out.

Britton got on the comlink and tried to raise the Aegis. "Guns disabled. headed to the third floor, roof pick up."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Apr 27, 2011, 04:34 PM #8 Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011, 04:57 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Jingo on Apr 25, 2011, 03:55 PM :ooc: Kaida moves 1 west and 2 north and takes up a position in the doorway so as to have cover from the wall but with LOS down the hallway she just left. She'll hold her standard action in case she see's any imps. If so, she'll shoot her final 10 rnd burst for this power pack.

:ooc: A note regarding rules on Delay actions... if you decide to delay until another position in a round, you can, but you will permanently lose your original initiative position in the encounter for the new one you delayed until. Make sense? So if you delay your actions until the stormtroopers go and appear, then you will go after the troopers from there on out until the encounter is over. Basically, you give up your initiative against your enemy and can't regain it. See page 161 of the Core rule book re: Delayed actions.

Let me know if you have questions, and/or if you want to change your actions.

Quote from: Callowmoryne on Apr 25, 2011, 04:53 PM:ooc: Do we notice the com blackout doug, is there another way to signal the Aegis people? Cause Logar is gonna lean heavily toward retaking the com room, just to elimenate the oposition and safeguard our exit strategy. He might have to go rogue : )

:ooc: Nvm i guess ill follow the group, id like to try to loot O3 or H5 if either has any grenades or other goodys in plain veiw

:ooc: Hey John, sorry for the delay in response. It seems my delay made you change your mind. The only thing you guys realize is there is a lot of static on your comlinks.

The troopers have the standard blaster rifle (2 extra power packs), 1 frag grenade each, and 1 medpac each.

The heavy trooper has the light repeating blaster (like Kaida is now using) w/ 2 extra power packs, 1 frag grenade each, and 1 medpac each.

They also have their trooper armor which is scarred from your grenade explosion and the blaster fire.

The officer has blaster pistol, code cylinder, comlink (encrypted).

Now, as to our story... sorry about this ladder which makes no damn sense, but I drew the map with no alternate up/down access except the elevator. The designer would be shot for something like this!  ;D

Sam saw the ladder rungs that were embedded in the duracrete wall of the prison facility. The droid could see it went up to a manhole in the ceiling and they also descended through one in the floor. It was an access port that ran the full height of the building. It would be their access to the roof, too, based on his schematics.

He reached the manhole in the ceiling and pulled himself through into another kitchen prep room. Sam was now on the third floor where their target was located. His receptors began to scan the cell numbers outside the kitchen, looking for cell number 4. Behind him, Brim appeared through the hole and pulled himself up until he stood next to Sam.

:ooc: I have made the Imperial moves, but i need to do their fire. I just want to see what Britton and Logar are doing. Moving? Stying where they are? Let me know.

Just one thing, you guys can't shoot on the stormtroopers this round, as they are showing up after your initiative order.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: Well we are screwed if we give up the ladder because down below that will screw up the escape route since we have to come back that way...

:ooc: Is anyone on level two with us right now that is in the fight or no? If no one can see us we will all move into kitchen. If people will see I think Logar and I will head down a level to try and draw them after us so the others can get to the roof.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: The characters on the second floor still are you, Logar, Kaida and Kara... although I put Kara where Kaida said she wanted to go, and I did not put K on the map at all (the map is corrected).

Brim and Sam have climbed to the third floor.

Callowmoryne

Apr 27, 2011, 05:20 PM #11 Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011, 05:24 PM by Callowmoryne
Now they were truly "In  the shit" he thought. It brought a crazy smile to his face. He shared that smile with Britton. " Not exactly in the rear with the gear aye, this is where the action is. We got a natural choke point with this lift down. I think we should try to hold them at this door till the objective is secured. Ill go full auto on that doorway and you collect some of these grenades and throw them down that hall to keep them on their toes then we make a fighting retreat. Just a suggestion, this is your Op. You make the call. Either way im ready."

:ooc:
Move Action 6 squares south to cover behind shower wall
Standard Action Reload Blaster rifle

Telcontar

Britton looked at his hold out pistol, "This isnt going to do it, I need something bigger. Evac route is the Kitchen down or up doesnt matter. HOLD THE LINE! He, always wanted to say that, lets do this dance Logar."

trying to keep one of the three exits off the floor open for us we will try and buy some time for the others to get to the third floor.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

:ooc: Thanks for the clarification. I don't really want to lose my init entirely, so I'll have Kaida do a double move into the room and up the ladder following Sam instead. I'll edit my above post.

Just wondering though, if someone like Logar who loves a good fight, maybe he hold the line on the second floor, or maybe take rear guard, firing down the ladder, assuming the Aegis really does show up on the roof. ;D

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, based on everyones comments it is mostly a round of movements.

From Tom's post, I am assuming that he is going to go grab a rifle from one of the down troopers, so I moved him over to where they lay.

The stormtroopers, seeing no one in their line of sight to fire on when they enter the prison, will move again this round.

John, due to your position, they will basically be running up to the corner and almost right into you.

That will bring an end to round 7 - I will have round 8 up shortly.