• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 01:29 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Control room attack - round 2

Started by tomcat, Apr 02, 2011, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The party holds the control room, but now troopers approach from below (two are taking the lift up to the Control Room) and from the storage facility (one is making rounds).

ISBO Falken Wright is on the first floor in the Comm Center.

The facility is now in lockdown. All main doors are now secured (i.e. any door that will lead onto an access, out of the building, or out of the prison tower.

Situational Modifiers: This is no longer a surprise situation, but the PC's will hold initiative through this round. Round 3 will require an initiative roll.

Physical Modifiers: none.

Initiative:

SEE ABOVE...

Brim (+7)
Sam (+6)
Logar (+11)
Britton (+9)
Kara (+6)
Kaida (+11)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Brim is busy this round destroying gun emplacements, so it is up to you guys to do what you will. You may go in any order. I will make stormtrooper reactions if they live.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

Kara moved quickly towards Kaida and drew her weapon.  She realized that the woman was by herself, and while the rest of the party may need help up ahead, she wanted to make sure Kaida had proper backup as well.

:ooc:

Use two move actions to move just above Kaida on the map, and draw my weapon with a swift.

Callowmoryne

Apr 03, 2011, 06:32 PM #3 Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011, 06:33 PM by Callowmoryne
 :ooc: I realize this is a silly question but can i move diagonaly? Id like to move into position by the north exit to control room and fir this round is that possible?

Jingo

Kaida frowned. It was one thing taking someones life when her home planet was attacked. That was purely self defense. This was... something else. It was a rescue of someone unjustly held, she told herself. A rescue needed to accomplish something that no amount of talking would ever solve. She sighed. All her diplomatic skills would not put the galaxy back the way it was. Diplomacy would only delay the inevitable. Violent action, even killing, was sometimes needed to restore freedom. She didn't relish the thought, but she nevertheless believed it. And believing it gave her the will to pull the trigger when the trooper reached to trigger his low light vision. If she didn't act now, he would see them and would call for help and then he would be shooting at her. Was this preemptive self defense then? She realized her mind was thinking too much too quickly and she angrily grimaced, put on her game face, and squeezed the trigger, sending blaster fire slamming down the hallway toward the trooper. The Empire began it when they attacked her home plant. She would finish it or die trying!
Standard Action:
Attack with Light Repeating Blaster Rifle (-2 penalty for braced auto fire applied) 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20

Damage if hit:
Rolled 3d8 : 7, 2, 5, total 14

Swift Action: Inspire Haste on Sam (in case he needs to do any computer work quickly or whatever)

Move Action: None staying put behind crate.

sdrotar

:ooc: Laughing my *** off at Callowmoryne's epic avatar. I believe that's a Build-A-Bear Darth Vader? I'm familiar with them because my eight-year-old daughter made one. (-D
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Callowmoryne

:ooc: it is indeed a build a bear sir. Anakin Skybear was born to the darkside this past Saturday. I took my gf and her little sister there and I couldn't resist once I saw the display bear.

donimator

Sam moves into the control room and finds an (operating, not blasted) console. The lockdown may buy them some time, but if they couldn't gain a measure of control they would be trapped. The guards likely had an override anyway to allow them to move freely. He keeps his blaster trained on the lift, but manipulates the computer with his other...manipulator. Sam looked to the officer, "Access codes. I want full access."

Quote from: Jingo on Apr 03, 2011, 09:31 PM
...Swift Action: Inspire Haste on Sam (in case he needs to do any computer work quickly or whatever)...

:ooc: Not sure if the Inspire Haste will help this round as most Use Computer tasks are more than a Standard action. Sam will try to get 'Friendly' or 'Helpful' access to the computer to affect some of the prison's systems. Initial Use Computer check below in case anything can kick off this round.

Use Computer +10
Rolled 1d20+10 : 5 + 10, total 15

tomcat

Apr 05, 2011, 12:36 PM #8 Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011, 05:29 AM by tomcat
Quote from: Callowmoryne on Apr 03, 2011, 06:32 PM:ooc: I realize this is a silly question but can i move diagonaly? Id like to move into position by the north exit to control room and fir this round is that possible?

:ooc: Hey John, sorry for the delay. You can move diagonally but it costs 2 movements of your six. See page 158-9 of the Core Rule book - it has good diagrams of movement. So based on your current location, you can only get half way there in one round using only one movement action. You can make it no problem using two, but you won't be able to fire until round 3.

I moved you on the map to where you can get to. Let me know if you want to change your action or do another movement.

And, yes, it is a cool Anakin Skybear!  ;D

To Sam and Kaida - no Inspire Haste from Kaida. To brace an auto-fire blaster, you need to use two swift actions prior to firing.

Kaida felt the big blaster kick and a flurry of fire emitted from its barrel. The Stormtrooper, surprised by the unexpected fire, tried to evade but was mowed down by the volume of red energy.

The sound of Kaida firing caught everyones attention and again the young officer jumped. It was very stressful with everything that had just happened, and then Sam called out for the codes. "Umm... codes," he stammered. "Access codes... full... C... no, EX-3321Z."

The open floor in the control room allowed the sounds to be heard one level below and the two troopers on the lift became instantly wary. They levelled their guns at the ceiling hole that they were rising towards and prepared themselves for anything.

Falken also heard the blaster fire again, but it was still subdued due to the distance and the buildings duracrete makeup. Yet, he was now wary, too. There were strange things going on... and then the doors closed and locked down.

"WHAT THE FRAK!" called out the commander. Falken immediately went to a command console within the communication center and began entering his command codes. He hoped that he would be able to override the orders given, but he was not in the nexus and had limited control over facility operations within the comm center. What Falken could do, though, was to sound the alert. He hit another button and a klaxon began to sound loud and continuous. His troops inside the barracks would be awake and ready in minutes.

tomcat

Apr 05, 2011, 12:41 PM #9 Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011, 05:30 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay... Sam achieves a Friendly access to the computer system via the entered code. His Use COmputer test is a standard action and so he is done for this round.

The only one left is Britton and the two stormtroopers, so, I will allow him to go first and then I will act for the bad guys. After that, I will post up a new combat round. The lift will have them up in the control room within this round, so Britton can attack them.

Telcontar

:ooc: tomcat. kaspersky is giving me a virus alert on something,not sure if its the image you loaded or what.

Britton kept his eyes and blaster trained on the personnel in the Control room and with his under gave an underhand toss of a grenade into the hole of the lift.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

"Enemy down!" Kaida called through her comm over the piercing alarm. "And I think they heard that this time!" She rolled her eyes, and checked her gun. 20 shots left. She'd only get two more trigger pulls on this pack. She grunted and braced the weapon again and waited, her heart pounding. "Hurry it up in there!"

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Apr 05, 2011, 04:26 PM:ooc: tomcat. kaspersky is giving me a virus alert on something,not sure if its the image you loaded or what.

:ooc: Hey man, not sure what it is. I am not getting any virus warnings from the attachments with AVG or Malwarebytes.

Britton tosses a grenade
:00: DC 16 Ranged +8
grenade toss 1d20+8 : 4 + 8, total 12

damage if successful 4d6+3 : 1, 1, 6, 5 + 3, total 16

tomcat

Britton's grenade flew down the hole and bounced between the two stormtroopers that were coming up. Unfortunately the explosive took too much of a bounce and fell off the ramp before it exploded. The concussion and fragments were brutal but both troopers maintained their feet and wherewithal to attack.

The lift brought the two Imperial soldiers up through the floor and they opened fire at the first invader they saw.

Troopers 2 and 3 attack Britton and Sam (2x2 square) with their blaster rifles set to autofire:
:00: DC 24, 23 Ranged +4, Autofire -5
trooper 2 fires 1d20-1 : 17 - 1, total 16

trooper 3 fires 1d20-1 : 7 - 1, total 6

trooper 2 damage 3d8 : 2, 2, 1, total 5

trooper 3 damage 3d8 : 8, 8, 2, total 18

tomcat

:ooc: Britton and Sam take 11 damage each.