• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:15 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Access tunnel encounter - round 5

Started by tomcat, Feb 26, 2011, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Feb 26, 2011, 01:40 PM Last Edit: Feb 26, 2011, 01:52 PM by tomcat
Situation: Inside the access tunnel, the party is attacked by six of the mutant ogres that root around for whatever sustenance they can find.

M4 is enraged
M6 is enraged
M3 is 0 hit points, CT helpless (unconscious)
M5 is 0 hit points, CT helpless (unconscious)
Brim is CT -1

Situational Modifiers: Putrid smell - the ogres exude a terrible smell and will cause any person within melee proximity (adjacent squares) to suffer a -2 to any dice rolls.

**Because the chamber is their nest, the awful smell has permeated the room - any PC that goes into either chamber will suffer a -1 penalty to all actions (this penalty does not stack with the -2 penalty for close proximity to a mutant).

Kaida has given everyone a Leadership bonus of +1 to all actions - character must remain in her line of sight for bonus. She also has Inspired Haste on Brim for this round giving him the option to make a skill check for his Move action.

Physical Modifiers: The tunnel is dark and provides concealment and thus a -2 penalty to all attacks, unless your PC is equipped with low-light vision, or your PC (and his opponent) is within a 6 square radius of Kara's fusion lantern.

Initiative:
Brim (+7) - 26
Sam (+6) - 25
Logar (+11) - 22
Britton (+9) - 20
Kara (+6) - 17
Kaida (+11) - 17
Mutants (+2) - 15
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

As the next mutant fell Logar stepped into the room over it's unconscious form. His adrenaline had him in a grip he could not explain. He wanted more. Britton was engaged with one just inside the room. Logar intended to flank the beast. He moved in and thrust his bayonet at it's side.

:ooc:
Move 1 square west and 1 square south
Standard action bayonet attack m4
Rolled 1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16

Damage If successful
Rolled 2d6+5 : 4, 3 + 5, total 12

tomcat

Standard action - Brim attacks M6
DC 13 Melee +6, Kaida bonus +1, Odor -2

-------------------------
attack M6:  1d20+5 : 9 + 5, total 14

damage if successful:  2d8+4 : 1, 8 + 4, total 13
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: M6 goes down with 0 hit points and is unconscious.

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Its status is listed up top, alive and angry.

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Feb 27, 2011, 04:14 PM #7 Last Edit: Feb 27, 2011, 04:20 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Oh, sorry... yea, I was waiting on a Rule clarification on the Star Wars boards regarding John's move.

So, John, I want to let you know that if you move through the squares as you have indicated, you will provoke an Attack of Opportunity from the mutant (M4) before you are able to attack it.

The first square you enter is fine, but the second square qualifies for a free attack from the mutant (M4) because you are moving from one of the threatened squares (the first one you moved into) to the other. So, I am only going to move you to the first square and apply your attack, but keep this tidbit of knowledge for future reference, because like cigarettes... first one is free!  ;)

Attacks of Opportunity are on page 155 of the Core rule book.

So... Logar does hit and he does 12 damage. The creature is still up and moving.

Jingo

Kaida heard the Sam shoot his blaster repeatedly and Kara shoot hers. She grimaced in frustration. Noise discipline had gone out the window apparently. Nothing for it but to finish this now and either abort the mission or move quickly into the base before they could find out what was going on. Had they lost the element of surprise? No way to know.

"Take them down! Blasters free!" She shouted angrily and shot over Sam's shoulder at the creature with a relatively free line of fire.

:ooc:
Standard Action:
Shoot at M6 by Brim 1d20+7 : 4 + 7, total 11

Damage 3d8 : 5, 7, 4, total 16

Swift Action: Inspire Haste on Brim.

Move Action: None. She'll stay put.

Jingo

:ooc: Sorry, I meant M3 is who she's shooting at. She prob missed anyway with the -2 lighting. Ah well.

Telcontar

:ooc: M3 is already down and disabled.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Britton found that the second sword had come to his hand as if own its own. He had forgotten the feel of them in his hands, it had been awhile. As soon as the twin blades were again called to action he could feel the music in them come alive, the silence of the blades had a music of its own that a blaster could never match or master. I blaster was a good weapon, it had saved him numerous times but the elegance of a true blade was something else. He understood the Jedi attraction to them intimately and of their own accord his muscles started to go through the forms.

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Britton makes two attacks with his swords 1d20+7 : 7 + 7, total 14
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Britton makes two attacks with his swords 1d20+7 : 6 + 7, total 13

Rolled 1d8+5 : 3 + 5, total 8

Britton
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, I tried to edit the post after I rolled to hit to add the damage in and more flavor text based on my rolls and I think I tilted out. I didnt do anything to change the results of the dice rolls though. What do you want me to do?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Attack one:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 9 + 7, total 16

Attack two:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26

Dmg rolls

Rolled 1d8+5 : 2 + 5, total 7
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

I'm typing in the modifies like the +1 and the -2 smell -2 darkness but its not noting them in the text. Sorry guys I'll figure this out.  :-[
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear