• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 08:25 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Access tunnel encouter - round 4

Started by tomcat, Feb 25, 2011, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Feb 25, 2011, 09:05 AM Last Edit: Feb 25, 2011, 09:06 AM by tomcat
Situation: Inside the access tunnel, the party is attacked by six of the mutant ogres that root around for whatever sustenance they can find.

M3 is 0 hit points, CT helpless (unconscious)

Situational Modifiers: Putrid smell - the ogres exude a terrible smell and will cause any person within melee proximity (adjacent squares) to suffer a -2 to any dice rolls.

**Because the chamber is their nest, the awful smell has permeated the room - any PC that goes into either chamber will suffer a -1 penalty to all actions (this penalty does not stack with the -2 penalty for close proximity to a mutant).

Kaida has given everyone a Leadership bonus of +1 to all actions - character must remain in her line of sight for bonus. She also has Inspired Haste on Brim for this round giving him the option to make a skill check for his Move action.

Physical Modifiers: The tunnel is dark and provides concealment and thus a -2 penalty to all attacks, unless your PC is equipped with low-light vision, or your PC (and his opponent) is within a 6 square radius of Kara's fusion lantern.

Initiative:
Brim (+7) - 26
Sam (+6) - 25
Logar (+11) - 22
Britton (+9) - 20
Kara (+6) - 17
Kaida (+11) - 17
Mutants (+2) - 15
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

The quick math Sam did reconciled that his previous attack achieved nearly the worst possible outcome. Therefore, he surmised, his next attack should be almost flawless...well that was one potential outcome, anyway. But now this creature was in his face, rendering Sam's pistol nearly useless. He was not built for this toe-to-toe slogging, but hoped a lucky whack would bring this creature down. His stun baton came quickly to his other hand and he strained his servos to bring it down on the mutant.

Sam's actions
Swift: Draw stun baton (Quickdraw feat)
Standard: Melee attack on M5
Stun Baton +5, +1 Kaida

Rolled 1d20+5 : 9 + 5, total 14

Stun dmg if hit, 2D6 +0
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5

tomcat

Brim saw that there were more shadowed shapes lumbering into the room and he knew he needed to bring the beast down in front of him quickly.

Standard action - Brim attacks M6
DC 13 Melee +6, Kaida bonus +1, Odor -2
-------------------------
attack M6:  1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25

damage if successful:  2d8+4 : 4, 3 + 4, total 11

:ooc: Don, there is no restriction on range on your blaster pistol, if you want to change your attack. Your Point blank range is 0-20 squares... you'll do more damage... but you decide.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Feb 25, 2011, 10:17 AM #3 Last Edit: Feb 26, 2011, 12:45 PM by tomcat
The lightsaber flared in the dim-lit chamber and caught the mutant just under the chin. It quickly cut through tendon, muscle, and arteries - cauterizing as it did - taking the monsters head clean off. It fell forward as the mutant's body went straight down.

:ooc: Yea! Nat 20!

The damage is doubled to 22, which reduces it to 10 hit points and is CT -1.

Jingo

Feb 25, 2011, 11:34 AM #4 Last Edit: Feb 26, 2011, 07:07 AM by Jingo
Seeing her companions rush up, leaving Kaida engulfed in darkness, she imagined too many things in the darkness behind and rushed back toward the doorway to stay with the welcome light from the fusion torch.

:ooc:
Move: Moves 6 "West" this time, past Kara and right next to Sam, so that everyone can get her bonus in the room next turn. If that square is occupied she'll move as far west as she can and get behind the last person in the party.
Standard: She will cover the room and take an opportunity/reactionary shot at the nearest beastie ONLY IF it looks like the fight is turning against them (ally goes down or two or more allies take more than half their hits). Otherwise stealth is still probably the name of the game, so don't want to risk blaster shots unless needed. Of course the roars from the creatures might be just as loud...  :shh:
Swift: Does Inspire Haste on Brim.

watanabe

Kara will keep going pew pew pew until a mutant get adjacent to her.

Callowmoryne

Feb 25, 2011, 12:01 PM #6 Last Edit: Feb 26, 2011, 12:46 PM by tomcat
Logar'Dan swore a curse under his breath. Foolish firing on sight like that after they'd agreed to use melee weapons. But "when the shit goes down, shit happens" Logars mom used to say. So he needed to get close and personal this time.

Move 1 square west
Standard, use talent gun club on M5
Not clear on this skill combined with a bayonet or what damage the gun itself does, could i get some help here :)

donimator

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 25, 2011, 10:08 AM
:ooc: Don, there is no restriction on range on your blaster pistol, if you want to change your attack. Your Point blank range is 0-20 squares... you'll do more damage... but you decide.
:ooc: ah thanks, I'm getting my AoO rules mixed up between systems - thought I had to switch to melee. Yes, he'll keep going with the pistol - that would have been +8 instead of +5 and an extra +1 for the PB shot feat --> to-hit roll of 18 instead of 14?

Blaster pistol damage - 3d6+3 +1(PB shot)=
Rolled 3d6+4 : 2, 1, 6 + 4, total 13

Telcontar

:ooc: so I can weild these things two handed? i didnt see the swords in the PHB when i looked through it. Also i gotta figure out the die roller I have been clicking on the menu one and then cut pasting into the posts.

Britton comes around the corner and comes face to face with a beastie that takes a swipe at him, "Whoa big fella, you wanna swing things....

Attack Roll(1d20)+8:
17,+8 skill bonus, -2 smell, +1 inspiring, -2 darkness
Total:22

Dmg if hit: Roll(1d8)+5:
6,+5 sword, +3 str
Total:14

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Feb 26, 2011, 01:07 PM #9 Last Edit: Feb 27, 2011, 03:58 PM by tomcat
:ooc: This answer is going to be for both Tom and John - regarding dual-weapons and double-ended weapons.

First, John - you have Gun Club that allows you to use your blaster as a club like weapon. Since it has a bayonet, you can either use the bayonet as a normal Standard action attack and stab with it, or club someone with the opposite end. Your gun club talent, though, also makes the blaster now a double-ended weapon (bayonet at one end and club-type at the other). So, you can make a Full round action Full attack and make two attacks with the weapon in a round. You will take a -10 to each attack... and at your current level that may not be worth it. But, that is how this works.

Now Tom - you are essentially in the same position. You have two swords that you can draw and attack singlely with one in a round, or make a full-round Full attack and attack with both swords in a round. Because of your Dual Weapon Mastery II feat, you are only at a -2 penalty for each attack... which is not that bad an option. Also, War swords are listed in the Knights of the Old Republic sourcebook.

Also... about the dice rollers. You are welcome to use either one. I just like the one that is in the post because it leaves an element of surprise.

To use it, click the dice icon and you will get the following (understand I replaced the l's with 1's so that it doesn't try to calculate):

[ro11][/ro11]

Between the two bbc codes, you can put the dice roll you want (i.e 1d20+2, 3d6+6, 2d4-2, etc.). You can also enter text that you want displayed by putting them in brackets, like this - {Brim attacks with blaster: } - and that goes before your dice.

So, to put it all together, it would look like this:

[ro11]{Brim attacks with blaster: }1d20+8[/ro11]

If you guys need anymore help, let me know. Tom, I will apply your War Sword attack as posted for this round, but you can make the double attack in the next if you please.

tomcat

:ooc: Sam's attack has been changed and he hits for 13 damage on M5.

Britton hits with his sword for 14 on M4.

John - you can only attack with one end of your weapon because you moved this round (and so can't do a full-round action Full attack which would allow you to do a double-attack). The bayonet will do more damage than a club, so I will roll for that. I will also now roll for Kara's attack.

Standard - Logar stabs M5
DC 13 Melee +8, Kaida's bonus +1, Smell -2
Logar attacks:  1d20+7 : 9 + 7, total 16

damage if successful:  2d6+5 : 2, 5 + 5, total 12

tomcat

Standard action - Kara attacks M5
DC 13 Ranged +7, Kaida's bonus +1
Kara attacks with blaster:  1d20+8 : 6 + 8, total 14

damage if successful:  3d6+6 : 2, 3, 3 + 6, total 14

tomcat

:ooc: Between the two attacks (Logar and Kara), Mutant M5 has been reduced to 0 hit points, but Kara's attack damage was under its threshold so it is unconscious and helpless.

Mutants attack...

M4 becomes enraged (Swift action)
M4 attacks Britton (Standard action)
DC 23 Melee +12
M4 slams Britton:  1d20+12 : 5 + 12, total 17

damage if successful:  1d4+11 : 4 + 11, total 15

M6 attacks Brim (Standard action)
DC 21 Melee +12
M4 slams Brim:  1d20+12 : 17 + 12, total 29

damage if successful:  1d8+11 : 8 + 11, total 19

tomcat

Feb 26, 2011, 01:37 PM #13 Last Edit: Feb 26, 2011, 01:43 PM by tomcat
:ooc: End of round...

Brim is hit for 19 damage and is reduced to CT-1  :csu:

Telcontar

Doug, thanks for the info on the sword and the dice roller. Can I do more damage if I use the sword two handed instead of weilding two swords?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18