• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:38 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Access tunnel encouter - round 3

Started by tomcat, Feb 24, 2011, 09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: Inside the access tunnel, the party is attacked by six of the mutant ogres that root around for whatever sustenance they can find.

**I have place all mutants on the map, but understand that your PC does not know where they are unless you can trace line of sight, and see them in the concealing darkness.

Situational Modifiers: Putrid smell - the ogres exude a terrible smell and will cause any person within melee proximity (adjacent squares) to suffer a -2 to any dice rolls. **Because the chamber is their nest, the awful smell has permeated the room - any PC that goes into either chamber will suffer a -1 penalty to all actions (this penalty does not stack with the -2 penalty for close proximity to a mutant).

Physical Modifiers: The tunnel is dark and provides concealment and thus a -2 penalty to all attacks, unless your PC is equipped with low-light vision.

Initiative:
Brim (+7) - 26
Sam (+6) - 25
Logar (+11) - 22
Britton (+9) - 20
Kara (+6) - 17
Kaida (+11) - 17
Mutants (+2) - 15
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Crap and double crap haha.... This is star wars man i should have some kind of Ballsout helmet with 6 diff vision settings! I want high tech goodies.. Making a list douglas :)

Jingo

"We got trouble!" Kaida shouted while shuffling backwards a pace or two, her blaster trained on the opening. More mutant ape creatures. Just what they needed.

:ooc:
Move Action. She'll move "East" 3 squares
Standard Action. Activates "Born Leader". Everyone in my LOS gets +1 to attack.
Swift. Inspire haste on Brim. Even if we don't use it for an extra attack action, he can still use a standard action force skill as the move action.

Callowmoryne

"Contact people" Logar couldn't keep the excitement out of his voice if he had tried. He felt alive for the first time in years.

:ooc: move action 1 square west
Swift action drop to one knee, hopefully opening up an additional lane of fire
Standard action
Blaster rifle fire on M3
Rolled 1d20+9 : 7 + 9, total 16

Damage if hit
Rolled 3d8+3 : 8, 3, 6 + 3, total 20

Callowmoryne

:ooc: damn sorry I'm forgetting to add or subtract for darkness and whatever buffs are goin on, also am I still winded? Sorry guys I'll try harder in the future to keep the numbers right

tomcat

:ooc: I am going to perform Brim's actions now, and understand that he goes before everyone else...

And John, it is no worries regarding missing the mods, I always look at the posts and will let you know the results based on mods, etc. Keep doing what you are doing!  ;)

Kaida is last in the init order with Kara and the muties... so no one can take her modifier until next round. This said, it is fine that you guys give me actions before your init... just remember, if someone kills the beastie you attack prior to you, though, your attack will be for naught.

Also, Kaida - when you say 'east', do you really want to move away from the combat by moving back down the tunnel? Or did you mean 'west' towards the bulkhead door?

Brim saw the creatures moving inside and knew that he was standing between them and the entire team's firepower. He had to move, but to go back would not help them. He would either get tied up in the crowd and throw off their fire, or he would reduce the team's combat strength by being out of the fray. Brim reacted, moving forward quickly, splashing through the water of the trough that ran in the center of the tunnel floor, and activating his lightsaber. It illuminated green with a snap-hiss as the Rodian confronted one of the mutants.

Move action - move forward to get into melee distance with M6
Swift action - activate weapon
Standard action - attack M6
DC 13 Melee +6, Putrid smell -2
**Brim has low-light vision and the smell penalty is because he is within melee range

-------------------------
Brim attacks M6 1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10

Damage if successful 2d8+4 : 6, 4 + 4, total 14
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Okay...

Brim whiffed it!

Logar, you rolled a 16 but needs adjusted by -2 for low light concealment. The result of 14 is still a success and the mutant suffers 20 damage; this is over his threshold and he is also reduced  one step on the CT to -1. As for your weariness condition - nothing was stated as to the hour rest being requested, but I wrote that it took Kaida an hour to examine the creature while you guys held watch... which would have allowed Logar to rest.

Brim's lightsaber went wide and cut into the stone wall of the tunnel. The beast growled with anger in reply. Behind them both, Logar'Dan's shot into the darkness was clean and struck a mutant with a terrible wound to the chest.

Telcontar

:ooc: What kind of light does the lightsaber give off? My character sheet says i have a war sword, So i'm gonna try that thing out. Once Sam goes my actions are:

"Their gonna hear the blasters." Britton shook his head at the mess they were in. He smoothly drew the War Sword that he had tied across his back. He kind of forgot that he even had it, the weight of carrying it around was familiar and his hand always went to the blaster at his side first, but seeing Brim close to melee he remembered that not only did he have it, but that it was a lot quiter. "I'm gonna regret this....."

Swift Action: Draw Weapon
Move Action: Move into the room towards M3, if M3 is toast Britton will move into the room make a J turn and move into the room. He doesnt know what's there but the room obviously opens up in that direction so he will move there so he is not blocking the way in.

:ooc: did I do that right?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 24, 2011, 11:55 AM
Kaida is last in the init order with Kara and the muties... so no one can take her modifier until next round. This said, it is fine that you guys give me actions before your init... just remember, if someone kills the beastie you attack prior to you, though, your attack will be for naught.

Also, Kaida - when you say 'east', do you really want to move away from the combat by moving back down the tunnel? Or did you mean 'west' towards the bulkhead door?

:ooc: Good to know. Probably good to give the GM choices when we're acting out of init order then. Like, I'll shoot beast 1 if alive, if not, I'll target beast 2 etc. And yes, I'm moving 3 squares away from combat. It's cramped quarters and she'll be pretty useless in melee combat anyway. She'll periodically look behind us as well.

Jingo

Quote from: Telcontar on Feb 24, 2011, 03:54 PM
Swift Action: Draw Weapon
Move Action: Move into the room towards M3, if M3 is toast Britton will move into the room make a J turn and move into the room. He doesnt know what's there but the room obviously opens up in that direction so he will move there so he is not blocking the way in.
:ooc: did I do that right?

:ooc: You should also have a standard action, which means you can attack with your sword. You always get 1 standard, 1 move, and 1 swift (unless you're surprised or something).

watanabe

:ooc:

When it is Kara's turn she will draw and shoot at the nearest beast.  Just saying this so you can move this forward when my turn in init order comes up.

Telcontar

:ooc: yeah Jingo i thought so. I wasnt sure if i could attack something if / when I come around the corner and dont know its there.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

donimator

For Sam, the only direction was forward. He moved swiftly to the bulkhead, drawing his blaster and firing on the first putrid creature he could pick out in the gloom.

Sam's actions
Move: through bulkhead and then 'north' against wall
Swift: draw blaster (if not already out)
Standard: Fire on M3
Blaster +8, +1PB shot, +1 Kaida's bonus, -2 low-light, (Immune to smell?)

Rolled 1d20+8 : 2 + 8, total 10

Damage, if hit - 3d6+3 +1PB shot
Rolled 3d6+4 : 5, 1, 5 + 4, total 15

donimator

:-[
:ooc: Force point on the to-hit roll...here comes the one

Force Point 1d6
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

Force Point spent  :csu: