• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 10:00 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Access tunnel encounter - round 2

Started by tomcat, Feb 20, 2011, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Feb 20, 2011, 06:45 AM Last Edit: Feb 21, 2011, 11:18 AM by tomcat
Situation: Outside the access tunnel, the party is attacked by two of the mutant ogres that root around for whatever sustenance they can find.

Situational Modifiers: Putrid smell - the ogres exude a terrible smell and will cause any person within melee proximity (adjacent squares) to suffer a -2 to any dice rolls.

Physical Modifiers: There are two sizes of stone available for cover that will deduct a -5 (for the large rocks) and -3 (for the small rocks) to all attacks made at anyone using cover.

Wading through the water will reduce movement rates by 2.

The river embankment is considered Difficult terrain and will cost double the movement cost to go through any square that is embankment.

Initiative:
Logar (+11) - 26
Kaida (+11) - 23
Britton (+9) - 21
Sam (+6) - 20
Mutants (+2) - 18
Brim (+7) - 17
Kara (+6) - 9
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

Logar gritted his teeth. He wanted to get closer to the tunnel their eventual objective. As the mutants closed he heard Brims lightsaber ignite off to his left. He thought the Rodian could take the mutant but a little help couldnt hurt.

:ooc:
Move action 6 squares north
Standard action fire on M1

Blaster rifle
Rolled 1d20+9 : 14 + 9, total 23

Damage if hit
Rolled 3d8+3 : 2, 5, 5 + 3, total 15

Jingo

Kaida was relieved to see Kara splashing out of the water. She heard the grunting of the beast on her left on the other side of the rock formation and brought her blaster low in front of her, held in sweaty palms but ready to turn in any direction as needed.

"There's another one moving up on our left!" she called out in warning to the group.   

:ooc:
Standard Action: Activates Born leader [once per encounter, grant a +1 bonus to attack to all allies in LOS]

Move Action: Not sure if she can do a reactionary movement, but if so, she'll wait in her current position, and if charged by one of the beasts she'll attempt to backpedal in the opposite direction to stay out of reach of the claws.

Swift Action: Does "Inspire Haste" on Brim. Inspire Haste [as a Swift action, can inspire haste which allows target to make a Standard action for their Move action on their next turn]

donimator

Sam stands deep in the water as the creature shambles closer. Hopefully a well-placed shot would take it down because he was getting too close for comfort. With practiced speed, he switched to his blaster and fired.

Sam's actions
Swift: Holster/sling rifle (Quickdraw talent)
Swift: Draw blaster
Standard: Attack M2
Blaster +8, +1 PB, +1 Kaida

Rolled 1d20+10 : 17 + 10, total 27

Damage, if hit, blaster 3d6+3, +1 PB shot
Rolled 3d6+4 : 4, 1, 3 + 4, total 12

Telcontar

:ooc: Argh sorry things are moving fast!

Britton moved up to the lip of the river basin so that he would be above the creature. Britton aimed his pistol with a steady hand and fired the pistol again into the beast. He heard the lightsaber ignite and trusted the rodian to guard his flank. 

Roll(1d20)+8:
15,+8
Total:23

DMG:
Roll(3d8)+3:
8,5,4,+3
Total:20
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Very nice! The team seems to be proving they can pack a punch.

Logar hits M1 for 15
Sam hits and reduces M2 to 0 hit points, sending it to CT -5 and unconscious
Britton kills M2 with his attack that does damage greater than the creature's 17 threshold

The only other thing I would ask you do Tom, is include your target's identifier - thanks!

Brim has the Inspire Haste option for this round from Kaida, last round, but he is not close enough to melee, so will need to use a move, but mutant's go first...

Swift - M1 becomes enraged from Logar's shot
Move - to attack Brim
Standard - attacks Brim with large club
DC 21 Melee +12
-------------------------
M1 attacks with club 1d20+12 : 14 + 12, total 26

Damage if successful 1d8+11 : 4 + 11, total 15

Sam's blaster bolt hit the mutant approaching him knocking the creature back. It splashed into the water and did not make to re-surface. Still, Britton ran to the edge of the riverbank, and from above the prone mutant, put another shot into it. The impact left an unclean place where the creature's head once was.

Not far away, Brim was confronted by the other monster. Logar'Dan had hit it successfully, and though wounded, all it did was to seem to make the mutant madder. It hoisted its large bar and brought it down on the Rodian.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Brim is hit for 15 damage... but to correct my previous post, he doesn't have to make a move, the mutant came to him.

Standard (x2) - Brim attacks the mutant twice with lightsaber
DC 13 Melee
Attack 1 1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7

Attack 2 1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19

Damage if successful Attack 1 2d8+4 : 7, 2 + 4, total 13

Damage if successful Attack 2 2d8+4 : 2, 8 + 4, total 14

tomcat

Feb 21, 2011, 12:04 PM #7 Last Edit: Feb 22, 2011, 05:57 AM by tomcat
:ooc: BTW, Brim's PC sheet has been updated...  :csu:

Also, he hit only once for 14 damage (I forgot to include the -2 Putrid odor penalty, but he still was successful on the second attack).

I need Kara's attack here. I will set up for round 3, but we may not need it... yet.  ;)

Brim swept the lightsaber back and forth, feeling how amazingly weightless it seemed. The weapon was strange to his grasp and he missed entirely with his first swipe, but came around strong on his second. The mutant bellowed as the green blade hit it in its right side and opened a hellish wound.

tomcat

:ooc: I think I misused the Inspire Haste benefit given to Brim by Kaida, but I am waiting on clarification over on the SW forums. Anyway, it says it is for a Skill Check, and I used it as an extra attack... I think that I am wrong in thinking a skill check and an attack roll are the same. Either way, I will let it stand for this round, but I am clarifying for future rounds.

Nick said he is busy this week, so I am going to attack for Kara.

Move - Kara moves to a better firing position
Standard - Kara fires her blaster at M1
DC 13 Ranged +7
Kara attacks M1 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26

Damage if successful 3d6+6 : 3, 6, 4 + 6, total 19

tomcat

Feb 22, 2011, 05:58 AM #9 Last Edit: Feb 22, 2011, 08:35 AM by tomcat
Kara moved in behind the mutant, aimed her weapon and blew the back of its head away. It fell forward, towards Brim - the Rodian quickly maneuvering out of the dead body's path.

:ooc: Encounter three is moot for the moment, it will be re-posted if/when you guys encounter anymore beasties.

Jingo

Feb 22, 2011, 10:29 AM #10 Last Edit: Feb 22, 2011, 10:34 AM by tomcat
Quote from: tomcat on Feb 22, 2011, 05:56 AM
:ooc: I think I misused the Inspire Haste benefit given to Brim by Kaida, but I am waiting on clarification over on the SW forums. Anyway, it says it is for a Skill Check, and I used it as an extra attack... I think that I am wrong in thinking a skill check and an attack roll are the same. Either way, I will let it stand for this round, but I am clarifying for future rounds.

:ooc: Yeah that was a comment I made before when we used it like this. I like having the option as an attack action... we could always do it as a house rule. My thought is it's probably incorrect to do so, but it makes Kaida feel a little more useful.  ;)

tomcat

:ooc: Well, per the sages at the WotC SWSE forums, it cannot be used as an additional attack - as attacks are not skill checks. I will get back to you whether or not I want to house rule it otherwise.

watanabe

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 22, 2011, 05:58 AM
Kara moved in behind the mutant, aimed her weapon and blew the back of its head away. It fell forward, towards Brim - the Rodian quickly maneuvering out of the dead body's path.

:ooc: Encounter three is moot for the moment, it will be re-posted if/when you guys encounter anymore beasties.

Kara looked at the dead mutant on the ground, and then back at her gun.  Not a good way to start things, especially when they were probably going to alert anyone around with all the gunfire.

:ooc: GANGSTA STYLE!  :P