• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 09:10 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Unexpected visitors

Started by tomcat, Feb 19, 2011, 08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 12, 2011, 10:18 AM
"The entrance is a good four hour march north of this position. You should know that if your people were making the hike."

"Oh, I wasn't thinking of my people making the hike. I was thinking about yours," Caden said sweetly.
He raised his blaster yet again. "How many people are left on your ship, and how far is it from here? What armaments are you carrying onboard?"

The Weequay looked incredulous.
"Maybe I've got a job for you. Pull it off, and I'll see what I can do to get you off this rock."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

"There are three others... what is it you want us to do?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Caden decided to put some of his cards on the table.

"That 'team' of mine should be in that prison right now, giving those Imperials hell."
His look - and his still-raised blaster - indicated to the Weequay that follow-up questions weren't going to be welcome.

"They'll be making enough of a racket that you and your crew should be able to get inside one way or another - either there'll be no guard at all, or a very distracted one. Either way, get in there, take care of a couple Imperials, buy my people some time, and you can have whatever you find in there - I don't want any of it, and there's surely enough equipment to get your ship up and running again. Salvage the rest for creds - it's all yours."

Caden looked at the chrono - if all went well, the others should be inside now; four hours was too long to wait.
"Son of a..." he thought.

"I'll take you back to your ship; we'll fly very low. Convince your crew to go along with it, and I'll fly you all closer to the base - the Imperials know my people are here by now, anyway. You'll surrender all your weapons to me before you board, but you can have them back when we reach the base - and you're off my ship for good."

He lowered his voice to a menacing growl, and pointed his blaster towards the fallen privateer, still on the deck.
"That's the deal. Any funny business, from you or anyone, and I'll burn all of you. Don't like it? You can walk... and take your friend with you."

tomcat

The Weequay's face cracked a smile, if that is what it could be called. Caden could tell that his deal was to the pirate's liking.

"We can have any and all of the spoils within the prison? Then I accept this deal. When we pick up my crew, I may need some help from you in sustenance - primarily water. But you have it on my honor... no funny business."

Caden wondered if he just made a deal with the devil. He looked once more at the chrono and made some mental calculations of distance and movement. He was certain that the team, if all had gone well, were in the underground maintenance tunnel and waiting for the time Britton had planned to strike."

:ooc: time relation to prison attack - only an hour and a half has passed since the Weequay and his companion came on board, it is dark now on the planetoid and the team will not be attacking for another 3 hours. The time it takes for the pirates to be brought back to readiness will probably be accommodated by the time remaining.

Please continue to RP with this thread... I may speed it up to bring you guys together based on the prison attack results.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

:ooc: You've probably figured it out by now, but since we didn't really set a return plan for the strike team... I'm making one up as we go.
Figured they didn't want a four-hour hike back. ;)

Looking forward to finding out what "goodies" are in that base that we weren't warned about... that I may have just handed over.  :|

sdrotar

Apr 20, 2011, 10:15 AM #35 Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011, 10:18 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Apr 20, 2011, 07:53 AM
"We can have any and all of the spoils within the prison? Then I accept this deal. When we pick up my crew, I may need some help from you in sustenance - primarily water. But you have it on my honor... no funny business."

"Better not be," Caden growled. "We're leaving. We'll navigate by sight, so you'll follow me to the cockpit... after you leave your friend outside."
Caden tried to stay gruff, but couldn't hold out any longer. His voice softened as he said quietly, "I'm sorry."

He wanted to regret it; keep up his tough-guy facade, but in the end, if this new rebellion made him lose his humanity, then what was it all really for?