• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 10:21 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Unexpected visitors

Started by tomcat, Feb 19, 2011, 08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The Weequay commander's hands rose and his gravelly voice choked in reply, "Hey! Hey! We have no problems here! Just hungry and thirsty..."

All the while the two visitors' eyes glanced around as if looking for a way out.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Mar 31, 2011, 10:43 AM
The Weequay commander's hands rose and his gravelly voice choked in reply, "Hey! Hey! We have no problems here! Just hungry and thirsty..."

All the while the two visitors' eyes glanced around as if looking for a way out.

"Well, you've been fed and watered," Caden replied. "You're welcome. Now I want to know how you found my ship, and what you want - really want."
He raised the blaster a bit.
"I'm an agreeable man. But that can change."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

There was no time for reply, nor was there a signal made, but the man behind the Weequay commander suddenly stood and lunged at Caden.

:ooc: Shawn, the human pirate in your ship's lounge is going to surprise with his attack - try to be unexpected in his attack. Of course, you have your blaster aimed on both and you are prepped for anything, but I still want to leave a little to chance. Below is a Dexterity roll that will be against your flat-footed Reflex score... if it beats your Reflex, he will get his unarmed attack (which I am posting below that); if it fails, well... you may do whatever you wish.  ;D

:00: DC 19 Dex +1
Dexterity 1d20+1 : 16 + 1, total 17

The human brute takes a swing at Caden:
:00: DC 19 Unarmed combat +2
Unarmed combat 1d20+2 : 12 + 2, total 14

Damage if successful 1d4+3 : 4 + 3, total 7
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: He missed his Dex check against your Reflex, so he does not get the attack but is making the lunge, which Caden may react to. Let me know what you want to do.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Mar 31, 2011, 01:10 PM
:ooc: He missed his Dex check against your Reflex, so he does not get the attack but is making the lunge, which Caden may react to. Let me know what you want to do.

:ooc: Caden's going to want to blast him into oblivion. It's a tough way to make a point, but them's the breaks.  >:D

tomcat

Caden fires his blaster at the man:
:00: DC 13 Ranged +7
blaster fire 1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18

damage if successful 3d8+4 : 4, 6, 7 + 4, total 21

tomcat

Apr 02, 2011, 06:21 PM #21 Last Edit: Apr 02, 2011, 06:23 PM by tomcat
The Weequay's sidekick made a lunge for Caden, but did not catch the Bestinian unaware. Caden had his blaster at the ready and fired into the man's chest. The blaster bolt hit him and knocked him back sending him sprawling over the lounge's table and chairs. He hit the deck and did not move again. Caden moved his blaster to now aim at the Weequay's head.

"I will tell you anything you want to know," said the Weequay. "But there is nothing to tell! We saw your ship come in over the horizon. You practically passed directly over us. Me and my mate there decided we'd head off in your direction to see if there was any help." Caden stood looking at him wondering what help really meant. "As for the Imperial base... they don't care that we're here. They don't care that we are dying!"

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 02, 2011, 06:21 PM
The Weequay's sidekick made a lunge for Caden, but did not catch the Bestinian unaware. Caden had his blaster at the ready and fired into the man's chest. The blaster bolt hit him and knocked him back sending him sprawling over the lounge's table and chairs. He hit the deck and did not move again. Caden moved his blaster to now aim at the Weequay's head.

"I will tell you anything you want to know," said the Weequay. "But there is nothing to tell! We saw your ship come in over the horizon. You practically passed directly over us. Me and my mate there decided we'd head off in your direction to see if there was any help." Caden stood looking at him wondering what help really meant. "As for the Imperial base... they don't care that we're here. They don't care that we are dying!"

:ooc: Is there a skill I can use to deduce how authentic the Weequay sounds? 'Cause now I feel guilty.  :(

tomcat

Apr 03, 2011, 03:40 PM #23 Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011, 03:42 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Caden knows the Weequay is now spouting the truth for certain, but he shouldn't feel guilty - there was definitely a feel of unease before from these two. Smugglers and pirates are not philanthropists and especially those that have been marooned and will do anything to save themselves. Finding a working ship that may be unoccupied or occupied by a small crew might make for a good departure source... and Caden wouldn't fool himself to think that they'd take him with them if they commandeered the Aegis.

Go to Wookipedia to get an idea of what Weequays are like.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 02, 2011, 06:21 PM
"As for the Imperial base... they don't care that we're here. They don't care that we are dying!"

"I believe the last part, but I'm not sold on the first." Caden's blaster never moved from its target.
"An isolated planetoid, with the kind of sensor net that they have? They don't want people here - and they don't want people leaving to tell anyone else where they are."

Caden thought for a moment, then barked, "Sit down. Keep your hands where I can see 'em."
"You're going to tell me everything you know about that base. Everything."

tomcat

Apr 03, 2011, 03:56 PM #25 Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011, 03:59 PM by tomcat
The Weequay commander sat back down. "Sensor nets? The base has a big dish array, but that is it. I don't think there is any satelites around this planetoid... besides, what do you think goes on here? We are on the furthest reach of the Outer Rim! They don't care if we are here... they don't care if they are here! This is a place to be sent to be forgotten. The Empire has soldiers there, but I don't know what for... why not just make it a penal planet and leave prisoners here to fend for themselves. Why observe them? But no matter... smugglers, pirates, and privateers use this space lane all the time to keep out of the sight of the new Order.

"My ship took a hit from an asteroid and I force landed here. My crew is dying... or dead," he said looking over his shoulder. The Weequay was now turning his desperation into trying to lay guilt on Caden. "So, I don't know anything about that stinkin' prison except that we weren't allowed in and they offered no help either! There are some freakish creatures running around the base of that plateau, but other than that, it is a forgotten facility."

Caden eyed his guest. Part of him felt a pang of guilt for killing the man moments before, but in his heart he knew that if the role was reversed, he would be watching his ship disappear in the Tantau night sky. His mind next wandered to his companions, and where they might now be.

:ooc: To keep in relation to the other thread, the team is currently resting while waiting to infiltrate the prison.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 03, 2011, 03:56 PM
"The Empire has soldiers there, but I don't know what for... "

"Neither do I," Caden snapped, "But I don't suspect it's because they've 'forgotten' about this place."
At this point, he realized he couldn't just let the Weequay go - if he let the Imperials know they were here...
"Now what," he thought.

"So," Caden said softly, "You probably wanted my ship - either for parts or the whole thing. Now that you understand that you won't be leaving with either... what's next for you?"

He shuffled his feet a bit, but never moved his blaster.
"Because I gotta be honest with you - this conversation's gotten pretty dull."

tomcat

The Weequay looked at Caden. He knew it was pointless trying to refute the Bestinian's claims of his intent - neither were dumb enough to believe anything else.

"Well..." he started. "I will return to my ship. Maybe we will live. Maybe we shall die. Maybe... after you are done with your business with that prison we may be able to find parts useful in there to allow me to get my ship off this rock." Caden's face didn't change, or betray his companions, but the Weequay continued, "Oh yea... I know of the team you sent north. We saw them crawling across the rocks earlier. So although it was really well played, your lie earlier about an automated ship is a crock of poodoo."

The Weequay stood up, "I guess I will make my way now, if you will let me, of course."

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 07, 2011, 07:17 AM
" I know of the team you sent north. We saw them crawling across the rocks earlier."

Caden stiffened and he raised his blaster even more aggressively.
"Watching them is all you better have done," Caden snarled. He hated being out of contact with everyone. If the Weequay, his late companion or any member of that crew had tipped off the Empire to his shipmates' presence...

"If not, you'll be envious of your friend over there," he spat, anger almost overtaking him. The Weequay couldn't just leave - not now, when he could just head back to the prison base and try to sell the information he knew about them.

For the briefest of moments, he thought about simply pulling the trigger, but he knew that would make him no better than anyone he was now fighting against, or that psychopath they brought on at Jovan.

Then he had an idea - and he knew he was a bad one. "How far away is the base entrance where you asked for help?"

tomcat

"The entrance is a good four hour march north of this position. You should know that if your people were making the hike."