• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:38 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tantau II

Started by tomcat, Feb 08, 2011, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 09, 2011, 03:42 PM
And Jared - the SW:SotG has a section on Stealth skill and piloting starships to avoid sensor contact.

:ooc: No problem. I forget you have all the cool books. I was just looking at the Core book. I'm good.  ;)

Jingo

Feb 09, 2011, 08:04 PM #16 Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 08:07 PM by Jingo
Kaida frowned when she heard Caden's knews that they had been detected by the planetoid's scanners.

She had once again tied her auburn hair in a sensible braid and wore her typical close-fitting garb. She double-checked her equipment. It was still all there: binder cuffs, heavy blaster, holdout blaster, spare energy packs, cable dispenser, comm link, mesh tape.

Hearing Logar'Dan talk to his equipment she rolled her eyes and wondered what his deal was. It was starting to irk her. Well, I just hope I make it out of here alive, to continue to be annoyed, she thought to herself. I hope we all do.

She pulled her all temp cloak around her and nodded. Good enough. She gathered around the others. "Alright everyone, we have to assume they know a ship entered the system. That said, they probably don't know who or why we are here and hopefully they don't know where we landed. I think we still have the element of surprise. Britton, and anyone else, what are your thoughts on proceeding with the plan?"

Callowmoryne

Feb 10, 2011, 06:51 AM #17 Last Edit: Feb 10, 2011, 09:34 AM by Callowmoryne
Logar cleared his throat. "I'm ready. If it's okay with britton and Sam I'd like to take point. At least until we secure our entry.We'll stay in a loose triangle. This way I can go full auto If I have too, and not worry about grazing you two. I'll likely draw more fire and you can pick and choose your shots. Make them good." Logar pulled his bayonet from it's sheath on his belt, and turned on the power cell. He clipped it home to the barrel of his rifle. His hands were still shaking a little.

tomcat

:ooc: Per Britton's plan, the desired offensive is to take place in the early hours of morning (i.e. 2-2:30). I wanted to let you guys know that the Aegis landed on Tantau II at 5:00 AM planet's time... so you guys have a whole day to spend. We do not need to RP it, but if you want to post some things, you may.

Also, you guys may want to make the walk to the base of the plateau that the prison sits on during the daylight hours, but you guys decide. Let me know via character dialogue. If you move at night, there will be chances for potential unseen hazards (i.e. tripping and falling in the dark, strange predators hunting at night, etc.)

I will give you guys new posts regarding the raid, once I get a consensus from each player of the time to move towards the prison, and any actions they still wanna perform on the ship.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Britton began to thumb on and off the retaining strap on his holster while he thought and spoke about the plan. The quiet calm in his voice was perfect, but the anxiety of even the best trained soldiers needed an outlet while they waited to go into action. For some it was stamping a foot, some it was rocking their torso back and forth, others actually slept, but everyone who had been in action had a tell while their body prepared for the supreme effort.

"There is no need to rush just yet. What's local time right now?"

" I suggest we head out and do a little recon to see where the tunnel opens up. We are guessing it's in the maintenance area but we don't know that. We also want to try and get a sense of the rhythm that this place operates under. Sam needs to run point through the tunnel to make sure that it's safe for us to be in there. After that, Logar, you're the breach guy. We need to take all of our mission stuff and the two groups up the tunnel. If we get compromised we may need to go into execution mode right then and there."

"I have been looking at the plans. I think we all need to move up to the Admin area. We need to know where our man is being kept and we need to neutralize those gun turrets. If we get stuck there the ship cant come in and get us with those still up and running. After that we will see if we can gain access to the prisons systems remotely and come up with the rest of the plan from there. If we cant get access we move into full contact mode and use speed as security blast our way through the prison, blast our way out and run into the ship."

Britton knew there were a lot of holes in this plan. There was something that hadn't been thought out, to many options, and not enough people or equipment for this mission to be ideal.

"Lets start with the recon and see what we get. Logar, quiet is the word of the day, we gotta get in close, this will be knife work until the jig is up then the more noise and confusion the better."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Damn this game got real fun, real fast! I am loving the posts, you guys.

One question to clear my mind on the plan - is the entire 5 man team moving up the tunnel to get into the prison, and once in, will separate into two mission teams?

Brim stood amongst the crew listening to Britton, "So it will just be you and Logar to recon the prison? Or are we all moving into position until later?" The Rodian sighed, as if uncertain about what he was to reveal, "I have spoken little of my past, for it pains me to think about it, but I served in the Republic Scout Service during the early part of the Clone Wars... I know the business of recon."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Britton smiled, "So the Association of Angry Clone War Veterans grows by one more! We leave here with everything we need to do the mission, everything and everyone. We head towards the tunnel now before its full day; we may have to spend the whole day waiting in the tunnel, though I hope not. If someone catches us snooping around or discovers us trying to figure out where the tunnel goes we need to execute the mission right then or abort so we need to be prepared. The maintenance bay is on the other side of the compound from the Admin center. So if the tunnel opens up there we will move up the flight of stairs to the second level, through the storage area and into the admin area as a group. We will seize the admin area and immobilize the gun turrets. We will try to gain access to the computer system and or find where our friend is. Priority in the admin area is Sam and Kaida trying to get into the system, and the rest of us pulling security and taking out the turrets. Leaving you and Kaida in the control room only works if we can successfully sneak around otherwise you guys would be stuck there with no way out if things get crazy.

If we can control the prison from the admin area you guys will stay there and we will access the prison from the medical area grab our man and any others we can, get back to you guys and go back out the tunnel.

If we can not access the computer or control the prison from there or if it turns into the last flight of the starfighters we blow the admin room and rush the prison, blowing a hole in a wall and have the ship pick us up. The prison is designed with choke points to keep the prisoners contained if they get out of their cells. They dont plan on people being in the prison with blasters so we use those choke points so that they all cant get us at once. We move from lower to higher away from their reinforcements using grenades as booby traps as we go. That's when Johnny Point opens up with rapid fire and they sing songs about us in far corners of the galaxy. Everybody fights, no one quits.

Ahh may the force be with you?"
:ooc: I changed the plan a little when i realized that the admin areas was not above the maintenance area.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

watanabe

Kara looked at Caden.

"You have the con sir." she said as she headed to her room.  It would be a long time till she had to be on duty if they were going to go off, and she planned to take a long nap.

Jingo

Feb 10, 2011, 04:11 PM #23 Last Edit: Feb 10, 2011, 04:28 PM by Jingo
Kaida nodded to Britton. "Doing Recon is a good plan. I may not move as quietly as Brim here, but I've been evading Imperial agents long enough to know how to set my foot right and have a relatively good eye. Lets go before it gets too light, but you might want to rethink me helping to hack into any computer system. I can access the holonets and newsfeeds--real basic stuff."

:ooc: My Stealth +11, Perception +9, and Computer +5. Yeehaw. Also, I'm guessing 5 AM the sun is still "down" but could be rising soon, but on this planetoid I'm not sure.

Kaida then went and talked with Kara, shaking her awake. "Look, assuming the garrison here knows we've entered the system and they're on alert, we may need every available gun on the ground to pull this off. Do you really want to stay buttoned up on the ship? Or do you think Caden could hold down the fort and operate the guns remotely if needed? That would give us one additional blaster trained on the imps. I'd personally love to have you by my side down there." She gave a winning smile. Everything she said was true, but Kaida had a secondary motive in mind as well. She'd seen Kara nursing the Corellian whisky a little to much, she didn't want Kara taking on any more. A drunken Kara on the guns or piloting the Aegis could spell disaster.

:ooc: Just an option so you're not left out of too much game time because it may be a while before the ship does anything if we're in a lot of combats down there.

watanabe

Kara shrugged, she was not a recon expert, but she was decent with a blaster, and good at hiding.

"Caden or I could go out on recon, I was planning to get some sleep before I went on duty, but if you need me out there I am in."  Kara patted her vest pocket where she had both a deathstick hidden inside, as well as her blaster pistol concealed.  She felt safe when she did this.  She looked back at Kaida, there was something else on her mind, but she would have to deal with that later on.  She pulled the blaster from her pocket checked the powerpack, and then eased it back into its concealed place.

"I'm ready."

Jingo

Feb 11, 2011, 10:41 AM #25 Last Edit: Feb 11, 2011, 10:43 AM by Jingo
"Let's go then."

Reunited with the others, Kaida explained the Kara was coming along too, that Caden should be able to handle everything with the ship, and that an extra pair of boots on the ground could prove a valuable asset.

To the group, "Alright, lets do this. Recon first. That means stealth will be the order of the day--as much as possible. If we're discovered, then we'll proceed hard and fast as Britton said." She adjusted her straps and gear. "Take us out Britton."

:ooc: What's our approach to the tunnel/shaft going to be?

tomcat

:ooc: Shawn is back from vacation... well, he was on the boards today. That said, I am going to wait until later today to see if he posts. I really do not want to relegate him to stay behind in the ship... I'd rather do it with a NPC, unless he wants to. He is a good roleplayer and I am sure that Caden will see the plan is best with how it is laid out, but at the same time, I do not want to deny any players the fun of this attack.

Let's see if he can post soon, and see what he says. Brim is a pilot ... of sorts, I think... let me check... yea, he has a +7. So, he could maintain the ship so that no players miss out, but let's see what Shawn says he wants to do.

Once I get some kind of response, I will make the next story post.

Telcontar

:ooc: Sounds good to me, I wasnt really thinking in terms of PC NPC when I was thinking this out. i agree, NPCs are XP mooches anyway.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I promise that the NPC will not take any of the awards that come from the engagement.  ;)

Telcontar

:ooc: Cant trust those NPCs they are teh foul spawn of the Gm and are used to seperate you from your hard earned credits and cool guy gear.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear