• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 05:09 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

EPILOGUE - The Aegis

Started by tomcat, Jan 19, 2011, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Very kool man

Back on the aegis. Logar could feel the tension onboard, the talk of finishing a cargo job had to be a cover, or possibly a distraction from greater schemes. Dark Jedi and guild bounty hunters werent your run of the mill encounters. He knew it would be difficult to gain their trust, but he was inclined to try. He missed the thrill of battle and hoped his days of wandering alone were over.... Perhaps he would start with the captain, hed be honest and list his many talents....

watanabe

Kara grinned at her moves and wondered if everyone had been buckled in.  She sat there in the pilots seat to see if they were going to call a crew meeting after the jump.

sdrotar

Caden decided to fill Kara in; on their meeting with Senator Organa, this burgeoning rebellion... everything.
One way or another, she deserved to know what was going on, and why they had narrowly escaped with their lives - again.

"We're all in on this, Kara," he said. "There's nowhere else for us to go now. We could use you... but we need to be able to count on you. All the time."

He knew she knew what he meant, and he waited for a response in the cockpit; the thrumming of the ship's machinery the only noise between them.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara looked at Caden, sighed and relaxed her grip on the control yoke.

"I'll be honest with you, back there the bounty hunter offered me a few thousand credits to sell of Kaida, and basically help her disappear.  The old me would have had to have thought about it long and hard, but this time I didn't sell her out, I did try to get some money off the bounty hunter, but he wasn't playing games, he was out for Kaida and was ready to kill to get her.  I figure now I have my name on Imperial watch lists, and maybe some bounty hunters after me...us... whoever.  Doesn't seem to matter at this point.  My question to you captain is, what exactly is going down, I need to know that before I go on some suicide mission."

sdrotar

Quote from: watanabe on Jan 25, 2011, 03:41 PM
Kara looked at Caden, sighed and relaxed her grip on the control yoke.

"I'll be honest with you, back there the bounty hunter offered me a few thousand credits to sell of Kaida, and basically help her disappear.  The old me would have had to have thought about it long and hard, but this time I didn't sell her out, I did try to get some money off the bounty hunter, but he wasn't playing games, he was out for Kaida and was ready to kill to get her.  I figure now I have my name on Imperial watch lists, and maybe some bounty hunters after me...us... whoever.  Doesn't seem to matter at this point.  My question to you captain is, what exactly is going down, I need to know that before I go on some suicide mission."

"Well," Caden laughed, "I said the same thing to Senator Organa. Suicide isn't my style, either."

He explained the tactical plan and how there seemed to be a decent chance to pull it off, and if they did, that the senator and his burgeoning network would be able to provide for them - cover, credits, repairs, a life that perhaps held some meaning. That was the hope.

At the very least, they'd start dishing out a little of what they'd been taking, and to Caden, that sounded pretty good.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Jan 25, 2011, 08:12 PM #20 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011, 12:56 PM by tomcat
:ooc: I am going to give this until tomorrow morning/afternoon too allow for some more character interactions, before I move the game on. Brian and Gregg are going to be fading out over the next couple weeks (Gregg is here until March) due to life's needs, so I am going to be gearing the story around our remaining PC's:

Caden
Kara
Logar'Dan
Sam
Kaida

Gregg will be gone for two years, and hopefully we'll see Brian back soon... maybe I shouldn't have killed off the Jedi PC.  ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

Kara nodded and looked at Caden.

"So you are telling me I get to fly in a bunch of dangerous missions, shoot at Imperials, and that someone will actually fund us.  I think doing deathsticks may be safer, but probably not as thrilling and as a good of a high as this."

Kara went silent.

"I'm in, how much are they paying us?" there was a pause, and then added in as an afterthought "And do they have any good ale on Alderaan?"

tomcat

The Aegis slipped quietly through hyperspace at speeds that exceeded the mind's ability to comprehend without the assistance of navicomputers. The ship had almost completed its first leg on the Gordian Reach, a well-traveled route for both civillian and military craft alike. She had no intercept warnings or any other apparent threats and so the crew had calmed and now took care of their personal needs. The galley and infirmary were the primary locations of the gathered companions. Kara had left the Aegis to cruise on auto, guided by its navicomputer.

In the galley, Logar'Dan sat with a warm cup of caf in front of him. To this point, he had not had much interaction with the others. They all had been polite, but there was a distance between them all. He took a sip of the strong liquid and enjoyed the pleasant warm feeling as it coursed his body. His gear was piled in the circular companionway outside the galley. It was ready for their arrival on Taris, in case he was put off the ship. These seemed to be good people - he hoped that would not be the case. His wandering had taken him far in the galaxy, and the things he had seen still brought nightmares at times, and so it would be nice to have a place, and a group, to call home. Logar looked up as Britton walked into the galley.

"Hey," said the solder. It was the first words spoken to him since Kaida had talked to him when they left Jovan Station. "So... I never got your name. Where are you from and what they hell did you climb onto this ship for?"

Britton was out of his powered armor and his chest was bandaged from the wound he had received from Boba Fett. He put a packet of freeze-dried food into the synthesizer and a moment later pulled out the now steaming meal. It looked better, smelled somewhat better, but was a far cry from planet-side food... even space station food. But, it would sustain you through the long jumps of space travel.

He continued,"You realize you just hung your hat on a wanted ship? I mean, frak! Since I met these people, I've been shot at, running from Imperials and criminals! Welcome aboard! I hope you live. So, what is it you do?"

Britton was not an idiot. He saw the duffelbag that Logar'Dan had carried. The rifle within was easy to discern - not the type, but certainly what it was. Besides, Logar had a look of a man who had lived a rough life... a soldier could always see himself in another soldier's eyes. "Did you serve in the wars?" he asked regarding the Clone Wars, and then realized he had been talking so much, he had not given the other man a chance to answer. So he quit talking, instead filling his mouth with a spoonful of food.

In his room, Brim stared at the lightsaber that lay on his bunk. A real lightsaber. He had been practicing with a bar in the hold, but now he had the real thing. Sam had said it had belonged to another... Jedi? Jedi Master? Someone named Korif. He was unfamiliar. He would have to do some research to see who this Jedi was and how he might honor him through use of this weapon.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

Logar gave the soldier a warm smile "I'm called Logar'Dan, and I'm from lots of places by way of Nar Shadda. Why I'm here is easy enough, that mandalorians rocket damn near did me in. So I thought I'd respond in kind. I didn't like the idea of waiting around for the imperials, needed a ride off that rock anyway, so here I sit." Logar took another pull from his cup. "And yes I saw some of the war, mostly mercenary work,made a fair chunk of credits and Ive been laying low in the years since. It's strange I was just thinking my life was lacking some excitement, and then I ran into you folks. I'm a fair hand with a blade and a blaster, a decent pilot. I work cheap, a fair cut if theirs any spoils. What about you, how'd u end up here?"

tomcat

Jan 28, 2011, 08:32 AM #24 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2011, 08:34 AM by tomcat
Britton answered, "Well if there are any spoils, I have yet to see anything! I guess I shouldn't complain, though. Since I joined up with Kaida and the rest I have at least had a place to stay and food to eat. The excitement that has come along with it has made it worth it." A smile crossed his face. Britton was a soldier to the core and thus enjoyed the adrenaline rush of combat. Maybe it was a disorder in his brain, but he thought of it more as a weapon - the ability to think and remain cool when blasters and explosions are going off around you. It made him more lethal.

He continued in response to Logar'Dan's inquiry, "How did I end up here... let's see... after the wars, I found myself wandering, too. I ended up taking a job in a security unit on Bakura and was assigned to Senator Kal Ranie. I woke up one evening and looked out my bunkroom window to see explosive devices mounted to the mansion's structural supports. I ran out of my room into a hail of blaster fire and frag grenades. The next thing I know, the mansion is falling into the sea and I am barely escaping out the front door. The senator was killed along with all of my associates. Caden and his ship were hovering over the whole mess and I jumped on board to escape with them." Britton suddenly looked bewildered. What if he had stayed to wait for the authorities? He wouldn't be caught up in all of this mess, being blamed for the senator's death, and being hunted by Imps. That shadow would not be wanting to kill him either.

But, he had found a new purpose... Kaida Katan. Britton wasn't sure what it was about her, but he wanted to help her. He wanted to protect her... and he would. "Anyway, it's been one port than another. Now we are here... or were there... on Jovan where we found you. Maybe now that we have another experienced rifle on board, we won't be running from all of these damn fights. We can see one through and find out who the hell is giving us such a hard time. Yea, the Imperials are after us, but these attacks have not been stormies... not sure who the shadowy figure is. Anyway, I am not the captain around here, but just merge yourself into the group. They'll accept you and start talking to you soon enough - maybe you'll even see that cut of the spoils!" He laughed at his last comment and took another spoonful of food.

Callowmoryne

Logar finished off his caf and rose to make another. "Sounds good, their not easily a trusting bunch i get that. Folks on the run rarely are, but i need this, back their in that docking bay was the first time id fired a blaster in almost a year. You can imagine how that felt i beleive. Not much afraid of dying as i am not truly feeling alive. I can hardly imagine how im gonna feel if i need to get 'Katherine' out that duffel bag, or if'n i get a chance to unlimber some of the grenades ive been hoarding." A smile always found its way to Logars face, the one that settled their now was more sinister than anything. "My toes are curling just thinking about it."

tomcat

Jan 28, 2011, 10:46 AM #26 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2011, 10:47 AM by tomcat
Brim appeared at the entrance to the galley. "What are you two talking about?" he asked, seeing the smile on Logar's face. "Oh, sorry," said the Rodian, "I have not really had a chance to say hello to you... I am Brim."

[pronounced like Breeem]

Britton answered, "We were just talking about that battle back there. So... what do you think? We gotta chance with this new assignment from Organa? I mean, we barely pulled that last excursion off.. and where is Caden taking us now?"

Brim gave Britton a sidelong glance at mentioning their new venture - they had no idea who this new man was. "I am sure he will tell us when he is done in the infirmary. Kaida acted quickly, but it was a hazardous choice she made and all of us suffered from it." But at least they were not dead. The thought brought Brim back to the Jedi... was he dead? Would he get a chance to meet another that was trained in the order? He doubted it all; yet in his heart he knew such thoughts and feelings would betray him, and so he tried to set them aside.

Callowmoryne

Logar settled back at the table with a fresh cup of caf. "Good to meet you Brim, Im called Logar'Dan. Join us."

tomcat

Feb 01, 2011, 01:19 PM #28 Last Edit: Feb 01, 2011, 01:24 PM by tomcat
Brim came and sat at the table. He looked at the new member of their group. He wished it had been the Jedi, Ulric, but things did not always work out the way you wished or planned. Putting the thoughts aside and not wishing to be rude, the Rodian spoke, "Caden has us on a course for Taris. He was lucky enough to get us hired to move some cargo for a local merchant on Jovan. It will certainly put some money in his pocket so that he might continue to keep us moving."

Brim had been noticing the changes in Caden. The man was always pleasant and polite, but his face was showing his concerns. Since he first stepped aboard the Aegis to get away from the stormtroopers, the Rodian had seen the passenger number triple. The only person that Caden had on his ship, prior to them all, was Kex, his friend, and he was now dead. So, Brim understood Caden's concerns and thus wanted to make sure he was stepping up to help. Kara had taken over the position of Kex, as pilot, but with her it had been hit or miss. Sam had been here too, from the beginning, and was a worthy companion, but you could only get so close to a droid. Britton and Kaida and now Logar'Dan... he was taking in every stray. Perhaps it was time to ease some of the strain. Perhaps, when the ship landed on Taris to unload, Brim might make his own way. He now had a lightsaber. He could feel the Force moving within him. He needed to take some time to evolve this new found power. He would wait and see.

Britton broke his thoughts, "Yea, I understand. Still, he can't complain too much - I mean, it was our blasters that have helped to pull us out of the fire these past few times."

Another voice broke in, "It has, and that is appreciated. I am alive right now because everyone here has taken a part in all of us looking after each other. So, let's not worry anymore about what was. We are a team now." Caden stood there with a bandage wrapped around his chest. He had bruised a few ribs in the crash. He gave a sidelong look at Logar, "Some newer than others, and we all need to work together." Again the Aegis' captain looked at Logar'Dan, and then a look of resolve crossed his face. "I don't know who you are... but I need to know that you can be trusted. First, what is your feelings towards the Empire?"

Caden looked at Logar'Dan while his mind drifted back to the few minutes prior when he had drawn Sam aside. "We have a new mission, Sam, and we have to see it done. The new gun on our ship might be useful, but we don't know his heart. We need to discuss our plan to attack Tantau II, and it needs to be done now. If for any reason this Logar'Dan looks like he might betray us, I want you to take him out. Can you do that?"

Callowmoryne

Logar'Dan could feel the tention in the mess. HIs  warm smile wouldnt help this situation, or put the captain at ease. Hed try the truth. "Well captain, i never cared for the empire. Cant trust a clone i always say. Besides the empire cost me the the best job i ever did have when they abollished the trade federation. And im not scared to ruffle their feathers, that goes double for the guild too. If you can use an extra gun or another pilot, im your man." Logar finished off his caf in one last great swallow. He set down the cup and placed his hands flat on the table, wondering which way this would go.