• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 09:53 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Docking bay encounter - round 7

Started by tomcat, Jan 17, 2011, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jan 17, 2011, 09:38 AM Last Edit: Jan 18, 2011, 10:47 AM by tomcat
Situation: Outside the docking bay environmental doors, the party is now confronted by the Sith assassin Shade, Fett and Corbin Sallo. Inside the bay, Kara is inside the Aegis with it ready to launch from Jovan Station.

Three of the companions are now in the speeder and are able to get away, but the speeder is smoking and making some nasty metallic sounds in its turbines.

Situational Modifiers:

Logar'Dan is -1 on the CT (needs 2 more Swift actions to remove)
Corbin Sallo is -2 on the CT (needs 3 more Swift actions to remove)
Caden Whitesun is -2 on the CT (needs 5 more Swift actions to remove)
Kaida Katan is -2 on the CT (needs 5 more Swift actions to remove)
Brim C'Cocha is -2 on the CT (needs 3 more Swift actions to remove)
Britton Rand  is -1 on the CT (needs 3 more Swift actions to remove)

Physical Modifiers: There are crates and other debris available for cover that will deduct a -5 to all attacks made at anyone using cover.

Initiative:
Fett (+14): 30
Kaida (+11): 28
Logar'Dan (+11): 25
Shade (+13): 19
Brim (+7): 18
Britton (+9): 18
Kara (+6): 12
Sam (+6): 11
Caden (+5): 11
Ulric (+7): 11
Sallo (+13): 14 (even though he beat out Kara's init, the nat 1 gives hims a last position)

The chamber was beginning to fill with smoke to the point that visibility was impaired. But Sam's receptors could still hear and the droid was beginning to get the sounds of yelling and running feet. Perhaps the street passage they were in, that had been cut off by Hacks' primary explosives were now open. If so, then stormtroopers would be coming soon.

There was the explosive sound of a jetpack and Sam saw the streak of light flare off and away into the ceiling pipes of scaffolding. It would seem the bounty hunter that he had struck was gone. That left only the darksider and the one that the speeder had just crushed as obstacles - if they could be called that.

The Jedi turned from his melee and yelled to Sam, "Get going! Now! Follow them!"

Sam saw as Britton was already doing as he was told, along with another man - the one that had fired on Sallo. "Who was he?" the droid wondered. The smoke-filled room flared as Britton took a parting shot before exiting the chamber.

Inside the hangar bay, Kara, seeing her friends running through the door, lowered the landing ramp for them to board the Aegis. She kept a vigilant watch for the remaining member Sam.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Fett flies up and away, getting into the maze of pipes, conduit and scaffolding that covered the roof.

Shade
standard

DC 24 melee +12
-------------------------
attacks Ulric 1d20+12 : 10 + 12, total 22

damage if successful 2d8+5 : 3, 6 + 5, total 14

John's computer went down last night with a virus so he will be back on today or tomorrow, but he wanted me to act for Logar. The soldier runs as quick as he can to catch up, in hopes of a new opportunity.

Standard - Britton fires on Shade
DC 23 ranged combat +8, condition -1
blaster fire 1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8

Damage if successful 3d8+3 : 7, 1, 4 + 3, total 15

Okay need to check results here...
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Shade will include an FP
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

If that achieves a success...

Ulric blocks
DC Shade's roll Use the Force +16
Ulric's block 1d20+16 : 9 + 16, total 25

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, Britton fired and missed and used his MOVE action to get to the hangar.

Shade attacked but was blocked by Ulric

Ulric attacks Shade
DC 23 Melee combat +13
Ulric attacks 1d20+13 : 10 + 13, total 23

Damage if successful 2d8+7 : 2, 4 + 7, total 13

If it was a successful attack, Shade attempts to block
DC Ulric's roll Use the force +15
Shade's block 1d20+15 : 20 + 15, total 35

tomcat

Jan 18, 2011, 11:06 AM #4 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2011, 11:17 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Sam is all I need now for this round to be complete

I know it seems like I am moving the round fast, but Kaida definitely did the right thing by jumping in the speeder, and then to use it to smash Sallo. It completely flipped the tactical situation for the bad guys - plus put the good guys in close proximity to the escape.

Also, I posted for Britton because I do not know when/if Gregg leaves/left.

sdrotar

:ooc: Caden will use whatever Move actions are required this round in an effort to board the Aegis. If he makes it and has any Swift actions remaining, he'll use them to recover.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara continued to scan for things on the sensors...

:ooc:

Perception +10
Rolled 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11

watanabe

Two "1's" IN A ROW?  ARE YOU FRACKING KIDDING ME?  :'( :'( :'( (-D (-D (-D

donimator

Sam sees the Jedi locked in combat with the darksider, but the draw of the hangar bay is tempting. His sensors filter the form of Sallo through the smoke and sees the jetpacker disappear...Sam circles around Shade and Ulric to get closer to the door, but doesn't break and run just yet.

Sam's actions
(2) Move actions to circle towards the hangar entry

Jingo

Kaida grimaced against he pain as she half ran, half lurched toward the opening in the environmental door. She hoped the damage slowing her down wasn't permanent. Peering through the haze, she wondered if the bounty hunter she had rammed was still alive. Her heart sank when she saw movement. What the--? She wondered how any could have survived that. His armor must have saved him, she considered. Well, time to put him out of his misery.

Raising her pistol, she aimed and shot at the bounty hunter when she saw him still moving.
She then called through her comlink. "You heard Caden! Everyone to the Aegis on the double! No heroics. That means you Britton!"

Standard Action:
Shoot at Corbin Sallo.
Heavy blaster pistol +7 - 2 for condition track = +5
Rolled 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20

She will include a force point to her shot, if it's close to hitting:
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

Damage if it hits:
Rolled 3d8+3 : 5, 7, 7 + 3, total 22

Movement Action:
Move towards ship.

Swift Action:
Gives "Inspire Haste" to Britton who is/was the farthest away.

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Jan 18, 2011, 11:06 AM
:ooc: Sam is all I need now for this round to be complete
I know it seems like I am moving the round fast, but Kaida definitely did the right thing by jumping in the speeder, and then to use it to smash Sallo. ....

:ooc: I was originally going to user the speeder get away, but when I saw the engine sputtering like that, I was actually thinking of smashing it into someone or something... maybe Fett. Sorry, I wasn't keeping up on the posting well last week, but I think I probably would have chosen Sallo anyway, so good call.  B-)