• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 06:08 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prologue: An inn and a drink... [original story]

Started by tomcat, Dec 14, 2010, 09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titsfortatts

Sho leaned heavily  on his staff , his head low and his heart heavy. He had seen into the hearts of these men whom he rode with these last days, and found them an abomination. Forced himself to deny his inner beliefs for want of food and survival he pitied  these men around him.  Pitied but not forgiven. Remembering the wise words of his ancestors before him, he closed his eyes. Clearing his mind of thought and emotion he slowly walked into the fold, quarterstaff in hand.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Oh man phil! Great post bro, right out the gate lol

tomcat

Situation: The Vistani rogue encampment - Strongwind engages with surprise.

R1 has taken 27 damage (reduced by 4 for armor), he is Wounded -50%
* I will label each rogue with a number as you guys make your attacks.

Situational Modifiers: none

Physical Modifiers: none

Initiative:
Strongwind 17
Sho 16
Vistani 13
Brannon 12

The leering smile of the Vistani turned to a look of shock as Strongwind's arrows flew through the air and struck one of the rogue archers. The man grunted in surprise from the impact and then fell to the ground, looking in horror at his ghastly wounds. His fellows also turned to him in surprise, all the while the shambling undead moved closer in the field.

A gurgle rose in the leaders throat and expelled as a scream, "ACK! We can talk!"

Amongst the Vistani, Sho Soga readied himself against these people with whom he found dishonor.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Yea it was, man! I think Phil will work into this format of playing just fine.  ;)

And to help you with my manner of posting Phil...

:ooc: - this icon signifies Out of Character (which just means you are talking and not your PC)
:csu: - this icon tells me that you have updated your character sheet for things like damage, treasure added, ammo used, etc. It keeps me from making changes to your character sheet and doubling the cost or bonus.

I use a horizontal line to separate my in game/character stuff from out of game character stuff, and usually paint my out of character stuff MAROON.

And finally, I do enemy actions (dice rolls) in
RED and good guy stuff in NAVY. I do not care what colors you use, but please steer clear from RED when you do your actions as I will sometimes scan pages looking for colors to find when actions are performed.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

titsfortatts

:ooc: Ok I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

tomcat

:ooc: John, you may act in this round even though you fired already. The first arrow attack was essentially a surprise attack and now we go into Agility order.

Also, if you guys decide to refrain from combat and talk, that is fine too - we will use this thread for that.

Callowmoryne

Strongwind sneered at the man. He was brave enough to rob a simple preist in his sleep but had not the guts to stand against a true warrior even with his greater numbers. "It is good, i send Brannon forward and you return property. I also help with the dead, but no tricks. Am serious sort." He looked to the priest at his side and searched the mans eyes for fear. "Go get your things, call out if need help."

:ooc: Doug id like to ride straight north and attack the undead but still keep my distance from the camp. If thats possible in this round, here is the rolls against the closest animated corpse. Ill stick with red arrows.

Bone bow 119
Rolled 1d100 : 61, total 61

Damage
Rolled 4d6+1 : 5, 3, 2, 2 + 1, total 13

2nd arrow 99
Rolled 1d100 : 46, total 46

Damage
Rolled 4d6+1 : 2, 6, 6, 3 + 1, total 18

titsfortatts

Listening to that warriors words brought Sho a chuckle to his lips. So proud that one is he thought. Turning his attention north all his muscles tensed and ran shivers down his spine as he glanced at the walking dead moving towards him. Let these thugs and pimps succumb to there own fate in the hands of this strongwind. Shock and disbelief were racing through his thoughts of the undead. To see something that is the ultimate definition of unbalance in the universe before him. Slowly tensing the small muscles in his body back to discipline he lunged forward into a small sprint with his quarterstaff stuffed behind him, towards the real enemy at hand.... :ooc: Not quite sure the distance, if I'm close enough to strike one this round. If so I'd love to pommel one of the zombies on the left ....
Rolled 1d100 : 42, total 42
Quarterstaff

tomcat

Brannon approached the camp and gave a nervous bow to the rogue, "Umm... well... yes, I am here for my items that you pilfered from me yesterday."

The Vistani glared back at the priest, but then shifted his eyes to the Daqeen that rode not too far away. Just who the hell did he think he was attacking his people and then riding around them like some kind of champion defender. He ajusted his sight to rest on a woman that sat near - her mending needle and thread still in hand - and softly spoke to her, "Ula... mortay d'ando sai."

The woman Vistani looked at the priest and nodded. She stood and walked towards the wagon. Brannon made a smile at her and watched as she trotted away, presumably to acquire his things. The rogue leader kept his eyes now on the priest and then his mouth opened to cry, "SAVEZ! SAVEZ!! DAQEEN!"

In the field some distance away, the Vistani archers turned at the cry from their leaders and then nocked arrows to their bowstrings and fired.

:00: Bow 57% - attack on Strongwind
Vistani 2 1d100 : 80, total 80

Vistani 3 1d100 : 92, total 92

Vistani 4 1d100 : 67, total 67

Damage if successful:
Vistani 2 1d8+1 : 5 + 1, total 6

Vistani 3 1d8+1 : 6 + 1, total 7

Vistani 4 1d8+1 : 1 + 1, total 2

tomcat

Mar 24, 2011, 04:00 PM #54 Last Edit: Mar 24, 2011, 04:04 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Well don't those dudes just really suck!  (-D

Hey John, your arrows hit one of the creatures and it staggers and falls. They are not an integral in the scene at the moment - just background flavor - but still, you have success.

Phil - you sprint a good distance away from the camp, but the creatures are still another round of running to close for melee.

Callowmoryne

"Come Pedowin, these wolves have teeth after all." He turned his horse and rode towards the archers. Firing his bow as he went.

:ooc: Attack closest archer Bone bow 119
Rolled 1d100 : 1, total 1

2nd arrow 99
Rolled 1d100 : 31, total 31

Damage
Rolled 4d6+1 : 6, 1, 6, 5 + 1, total 19

Damage
Rolled 4d6+1 : 3, 1, 1, 6 + 1, total 12

Callowmoryne

:ooc: damn I posted last night but never checked my rolls, that 01 is gonna hurt lol

titsfortatts

Sho realized half step that his new acquaintance was in real trouble with these archers. Pivoting half step with his right leg he made hast for the vistani woman with the priest. Although it guilt-ed him slightly to attack these people for all human life is sacred to him, he would not let innocents suffer.He brought his quarterstaff to bear with a twist of his hands. Feeling the cold wood of the staff brought a warm familiarity to his mind as he released the energy of the staff into the woman.In the chance to free the unarmed priest. 
Quarterstaff
Rolled 1d100 : 89, total 89

Damage 18

tomcat

Strongwind's arrows fly straight and brutally true striking an archer in the throat and sending him reeling backwards. The man grasped futilely but was dead as he hit the ground. Pedowin brought the Daqeen warrior in closer to the rest of the armed Vistani.

Sho had changed his direction and ran back into the camp to aid the priest. He brought his staff around in an arc, attempting to drop the woman he believed threatened the unarmed cleric. Unfortunately the swing was too soon, and she went unscathed.

:ooc: Sho rolled an 89, but needs a 68 or less.

New round is going to be posted. All surprise has been executed, and now the Vistani are aware of the threats and have orders to kill.

tomcat

Situation: The Vistani rogue encampment - Strongwind engages with surprise.

R1 has taken 27 damage (reduced by 4 for armor), he is Wounded -50%
* I will label each rogue with a number as you guys make your attacks.

Situational Modifiers: none

Physical Modifiers: none

Initiative:
Strongwind 17
Sho 16
Vistani 13
Brannon 12

The Vistani all drew weapons. The interlopers would pay for their attacks.