• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 02:22 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prologue: An inn and a drink... [original story]

Started by tomcat, Dec 14, 2010, 09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callowmoryne

:ooc: yay carls here :) will post shortly

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Will make strongwinds fear check first then post accordingly

:00: Willpower 16x4 64%
Rolled 1d100 : 55, total 55

Callowmoryne

The sound of the lute seemed to chase the mists from the street, leaving a nightmare in their wake. Strongwind let out hiss, and Pedowin halted her forward movement, immediately tensing for combat. His bow was in his hands in a blink. "Abominates, is that the word priest? Do they frighten you? Daqueen have name for walking dead. "Bequdon" Means spiritless, or wrong in spirit. Guess not matter. We must clean these from the path. And find source of this madness." Strongwind knocked a red arrow and click-clicked. Pedowin began a slow walk toward the barricade.

:ooc:  :00: Bone bow 119% attack on ZC
Arrow one
Rolled 1d100 : 22, total 22

Damage if successful
Rolled 4d6+5 : 1, 5, 6, 5 + 5, total 22
Rolled 1d4 : 4, total 4

Arrow two 99% attack on ZB
Rolled 1d100 : 8, total 8

Damage if successful
Rolled 4d6+5 : 6, 2, 3, 4 + 5, total 20
Rolled 1d4 : 1, total 1

tomcat

:ooc: I need Strongwind to make a Ride skill check at half your normal rank, due to Pedowin beginning to panic.

Branon will attempt to Command Undead ESS:ESS
:00: Essence of 14 versus 11 (zombies) and 12 (carcass eaters - undead dogs)
60% vs 12, 65% vs 11 1d100 : 4, total 4
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

daxkran

Jun 05, 2011, 08:35 AM #124 Last Edit: Jun 05, 2011, 08:52 AM by tomcat
As Kerth played, the mist seemed to roll away with the notes of the tune and the horrid images along the route to the town showed themselves, as did the images of the approaching figures. Kerth had seen what the sickness could do, but the experience became no less easier with successive viewings. He felt a wave of nausea wash over him and his playing momentarily stopped. He was half Fey, and it was that half that was betraying him now as inherant repulsion for the bloated carrion below interfered with his fingers. The presence of undead touched the elves deeper - but Kerth was sure HE felt something else as well as if his soul had touched that realm and part of it remained there.

He let his arms drop the lute from its playing position against his chest, and he slid it to his back on its strap. It occurred to him that he did not know these strangers, but there was something about one of them that made him set aside some of the fears he might normally have. It was the one in front - something about him...

Still, in prudence, Kerth had to be sure they were not carriers and so casually brought his bow around to replace the lute, almost in a seamless motion. He watched as the strangers checked up in fear and revulsion from what they saw among the ravaged corpses. One was obviously taken aback more than the others. Kerth brought a arrow to knock against the string of his bow, but kept the weapon low behind the barricade wall.

He called down to the approaching party: "Riders below!" he shouted, "How do you fair? I have my bow ready to help or hinder depending on your disposition! Are you sick or wounded in any way?"

:ooc: I am a little rusty guys - pardon me if I am like Chris Walken who doesn't really seem to realize he is in a movie to react with other people. Stick with me, I will get back in the swing shortly! :-[ Doug, thank you for the character help and prompt on the game!

tomcat

Jun 05, 2011, 08:51 AM #125 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2011, 12:53 PM by tomcat
Branon stepped forward as the undead moved to engage the companions. Strongwind acted first, putting an arrow in the skulls of both the zombie child and smith. The arrows crushed into what life force the things had and severed it - both fell where they stood.

The cleric also had an affect as he held aloft the holy sigil of Aodhan that he had retrieved from the Vistani wagon. The light seemed to break through the gray mists and the silver amulet shone rousing Branon's courage. "Be gone foul creatures," he hissed. There was a whine from the carcass eaters - the undead dogs - and they turned about unsure of making an approach. "BE GONE," the cleric demanded and the creatures scurried off with a yelp.

Sho breathed a sigh of relief, but then they all became a where of a steady moan, coming from many bodies. Strongwind urged Pedowin forward a few steps only to see that there were more undead... many more undead. They had been made aware of the living trio and now a large pack of shambling death moved towards them in multiple directions.

For Kerth, it was like watching a dam beginning to break. The bard knew that the three men would soon draw the undead into a group and make them frenzied. That was a threat to the barricade and to those still living within. The three strangers either needed to hurry to the wall, or be gone. The horse was done for, no matter what.

:ooc: Strongwind cannot see more than a shambling gray in the mists, but there is a tremor in the air as if something is gathering and moving towards them.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: No problem Carl! You are doing great. And please be patient with me as you may see me tweak the game mechanics as we play. I like d100, but I have been introduced to some very cool wound and weariness mechanics, along with casting systems.

So, you see that my PC sheet online doesn't reflect our normal PC sheet, but that is because I may be re-constructing things. But, this will not interfere in character play - hopefully I will make it better. Just do what you normally know to do, but I change something I will let you know.

The first change is hit points... which are now calculated as such Physique plus Strength mod. This is then divided by two to give you the number of hit points you have in each wound level. So, for your PC, you have 8 in Healthy, Dazed, Injured, Wounded Incapacitated, Near death for a total of 48.

With each level that you are reduced by damage, you suffer those wound penalties until healed.

Posting info -

I always post bad guy game mechanics (actions) in Red, and PC actions in Navy. Out of character stuff I put in maroon. This is my standard so I know what I am looking at if I do a quick scroll down a page.

Have questions, comments, or suggestions, let me know, please!  ;)

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Strongwind ride 94%@1\2 =47%
Rolled 1d100 : 37, total 37

Callowmoryne

Strongwind knew they were in trouble. But found little fear in his heart. Perhaps today he would go back to the mud to be with his people. Regardless he would fight all the way. " Hail the barricade. We fair well. We seek to help. And seek help in turn." He turned to his companions on foot. "You must run to barricade. Go."

tomcat

daxkran

From his post on the wall Kerth could not see exact details of the men approaching, but his instinct told him that they were perhaps worth the risk that they were not infected. The one on horseback had replied heartily, so Kerth brought his bow up to bare on the closest shambling dead to figure on foot.

:ooc:Doug, I would like to try a shot at the nearest dead to the person on foot (Padowin).

:00:Self Bow 58%
Roll(1d100)+0:
28,+0
Total:28

Hit Damage = 1D8+1+1D4
Roll(1d4)+0:
2,+0
Total:2

Roll(1d8)+1:
7,+1
Total:8

Total 10 Damage

tomcat

Kerth's arrow flew from his bow and struck true, but the undead man continued to walk towards the trio.

Branon looked at Strongwind, "Daqeen, you will never survive this. They come... look!" He pointed to a side street where shapes were lumbering in the fog. Amongst the shadows of the buildings, more undead carcass eaters scurried. The cleric had sent some running, and perhaps the aura of Aodhan would still be on him and keep the undead at a distance, but he could not be sure. The gathering horde would overwhelm them soon. "Strongwind, if you do not come with us, you may not see it through. What good is your death at the hands of these things? What is worse, what if their abhorrent touch gives you unlife? Certainly you have no desire to walk this world in that state? We must make for the wall!"

Sho had not waited. He was already running towards the wall.

:ooc: John, if you do not ride towards the wall now, you will be cut off outside the barricades and in the fog. Your horse will not make it over the barricade, so you need to decide if you will fight for it.

Let me know if Phil is still interested in playing. If so, I will play his PC until he is ready, otherwise Sho may not make the wall.
  >:D

Callowmoryne

:ooc: He couldnt possibly abandon Pedowin here doug

Strongwind snarled at the priest. "Do as told priest.Will never get horse over barricade. Will retreat and find safe place. Return on foot." 

daxkran

Jun 14, 2011, 04:31 PM #133 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2011, 04:37 PM by tomcat
Kerth watched the robed monk run toward the wall, but was stunned to see that the one on horseback was actually NOT moving toward the safety of the town. Who is this fool?

He knocked another arrow and brought it to bear on the same shambling corpse he had hit before, only this time he tried to focus his concentration on hitting the head rather than the whole creature. It was moderately hard to do as a tune he had yet to write began to form itself in his mind.

A part of him wished that in this instance he had learned more skill at the bow string than the lute string.

"Hurry all!" he shouted. "I hope that you will live to learn that I no great shot and cannot help as much as perhaps you would like!"

He aimed the shot carefully and let the arrow fly toward the creatures head.

:00: Called shot at 30% skill = 15%

Roll(1d100)+0:
3,+0
Total:3

:ooc: Critical head shot! I swear to God the dice roller gave me that one.

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! Hey Carl! The boards causing you a hard time?