• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 12:10 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Docking bay encounter - round 1

Started by tomcat, Dec 08, 2010, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Dec 08, 2010, 03:17 PM Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010, 07:32 AM by tomcat
Situation: Outside the docking bay environmental doors, the party is attacked by the assassin Hacks. Inside the bay, Kara is standing on the landing ramp when the alarm klaxon sounds; the Aegis' entrance port is wide open.

Situational Modifiers: none

Physical Modifiers: There are crates and other debris available for cover that will deduct a -5 to all attacks made at anyone using cover.

Initiative:
Kaida (+11) - 28
Brim (+7) - 18
Britton (+9) - 18
Kara (+6) - 12
Sam (+6) - 11
Caden (+5) - 11
Ulric (+7) - 11
Hacks (+6) - 11
Sallo (+13) - 14 (even though he beat out Kara's init, the nat 1 gives hims a last position)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

:ooc: For Kaida's standard action (swift action), she'll activate her Born Leader talent. Once per encounter as a swift action I give allies within LOS a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls. It lasts for as long as they remain in LOS of me. It is broken if they lose LOS or if I'm unconscious or dead.

With her quickdraw feat she draws her pistol and then crawls/dives behind a nearby (and hopefully functioning) land speeder, keeping it between her and the utility conduit where the clone was last spotted.

The attack wasn't totally unexpected, but the manner of attack was a surprise. "Is everyone alright?" Kaida coughed through the haze of smoke and debris, her blaster in hand, and surveyed the destruction from behind her cover; searching for her companions she feared the worst.

donimator

Sam found himself on the ground and immediately began training his sensors to find out why. Their docking bay sealing, another corridor explosion?...well, it could be coincidence but he felt it had something to do with their hidden friend. With the smoke and the panicked crowd, he could not locate his target so he picked himself off the ground, drew his blaster and found some cover.

Sam's actions - Round 1
Move - Stand up
Swift - Draw blaster (Quickdraw talent)
Move (in place of standard) - Move southwest (on map) to back corner of speeder to put some cover between himself and the maintenance closet.

watanabe

:ooc: Is the man in the docking bay attacking me?  Just curious before I make my action.

tomcat

Dec 09, 2010, 07:23 AM #4 Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010, 07:29 AM by tomcat
:ooc: To Nick, Sallo was raising his weapon to attack but I rolled a terrible initiative that gives you the first action. He is standing below you on the deck of the space station docking bay, while Kara is on the landing ramp to the Aegis. Behind her the door to the ship looms open.

To Jared, the crates by the now sealed docking bay door is the closest cover for Kaida. I will move her to that position on the map, but let me know if you want it changed.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

ZehnWaters

Britton's actions - Round 1
Move - Stand up (if we're still knocked down, otherwise I draw my gun)
Standard - Move to cover, beside Kaida.

"I'm here," Britton responded to Kaida's question.  "And I think Sam's okay."

BrianM

Dec 09, 2010, 11:11 AM #6 Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010, 11:36 AM by BrianM
 :ooc: Sorry ... erased that last note ... I thought I was "B".  :-[

Brim felt no sign of darkness within the docking bay or emanating from the maintenance closet. He was more and more confident in his ability, but still hoped the cloaked dark-Jedi was not somehow masking himself and waiting to attack.

Then the world turned upside down and the Rodian found himself face down on the floor.

Brim picked himself up off the ground and surveyed the chaos around him. The nearest cover between him and their attacker was the speeder. He ran and crouched beside it, readying his blaster.

tomcat

Ulric stood up, clearing his head as he did, and then began to quickly move towards the maintenance corridor. There was no apparent weapon in his hands.

:ooc: Move action - Stand
Move action - move 6 squares

sdrotar

Caden sat up and shook his head violently, trying to clear his ringing ears.
"What the..." he muttered, as he drew his blaster.

"Great," he grumbled, "they blocked off the bay."
The timing was far too perfect for this to be an accident. He scrambled to the side of the nearest speeder and flattened up against it, trying to ascertain where his companions were... and where their attackers might be coming from.

Actions:
:arrow: Use Quick Draw feat
:arrow: Move 4 squares to nearest speeder and take cover
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara moved back to try and gain cover inside of the entrance to the ship, and pulled her blaster out.  She fired a shot at Sallo hoping to take him down quickly.

:ooc:

Attack:
6+d20
Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21

Damage if hit:
3d6+5
Rolled 3d6+5 : 3, 6, 4 + 5, total 18

tomcat

The bolt from Kara's blaster struck Corbin Sallo in the upper left shoulder, and though the man was shoved back a step and the armor plate scorched, he seemed no worse for wear. He reacted quickly, his attention now back on her, and he raised his own weapon and fired as she retreated into the confines of the ship.

Across the docking bay, Shade and Fett looked at one another in surprise. Boba Fett spoke, "It seems your man has rang the bell. We may have a bigger mess now than we anticipated."

The bounty hunter received no response. Shade was gone in a flash. Using the Force, the darksider surged across the bay towards the huge door that cut him off from his prey. Fett shook his head and then started to stealthily maneuver himself to the bay's exit, following the shadow.

In the main corridor, Hacks stepped out of the maintenance alley and had his blaster ready and set to autofire. His visor sorted out all living beings in the street and he looked for a target. Only one presented itself uncovered - a figure charged him from across the wide spacestation corridor. Hacks didn't care who it was, only that his orders were to kill. He pulled the trigger on his blaster and fired.

Sallo fires on Kara
DC 21+5 concelment* = 26 Ranged Combat +12
*now inside the Aegis entrance

-------------------------
Rolled 1d20+12 : 9 + 12, total 21

Hacks fires on Ulric
DC 24 Ranged Combat +9 (point blank), Autofire -5
Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12

Ulric attempts to deflect Hacks attack
DC - RC result for Hacks UTF +16, Ignite lightsaber -10*
*normally the Deflect talent requires a lit saber... well, for cinematics I am going to allow Ulric to light it while he runs via his Swift action, but a -10 penalty is incurred

Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21

I will give the narrative from these results in the new round thread to be posted.

tomcat

Sallo will use a Force Point to assist in his attack on Kara
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

If the attack is successful with the FP above, damage is:
Rolled 3d8+5 : 4, 4, 6 + 5, total 19