• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 05:24 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Docking Bay 12D [Kara]

Started by tomcat, Nov 02, 2010, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Corbin Sallo appeared behind, and under Kara, coming out from underneath the landing ramp. He had his blaster pistol drawn and aimed up at her chest. "Don't make any moves," said the syntesized voice through his armored helmet. "Except to draw that hand from your jacket. I want to talk... and a proposition I have in mind may be of interest."

The bounty hunter now stood completely revealed to Kara. He was in his weathered camo armor looking up at her. Corbin was roughly six feet tall before his armor added to that, and was an imposing visage to behold.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

Kara didn't move, but replied instead, staying calm and not making any sudden movements.

"What is this... proposition that you are making?"

tomcat

Sallo relaxed his arm and let his blaster swing down to now aim at the deck, but he did not return it to its holster. He did not take his eyes, though, from Kara's, "The woman that you and your friends picked up on Cloud City... what do you know about her?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

While Sallo waited for a reply, a Deck Officer appeared at the opposite end of the Aegis and the many pallets of parts that were waiting to be loaded. Even with his presence, the bounty hunter did little to conceal his weapon and he continued to only pay attention to Kara. The Deck Officer did not seem to notice any problems, or was to distracted as he called out, "Are you going to get this cargo loaded soon? It's taking up my deck space. Lower your cargo deck and I will have it loaded on for you."

watanabe

Kara called out to the Deck Officer.

"I'll get on board and get the cargo deck lowered.  I just got to take care of some business quickly first."

Kara then lowered her voice.

"To be honest, I don't know too much.  I ran into her and she wanted to pay good money to be transported away from the city.  I know she has more money than I do, but I can't tell you where she got it from or who is she is related to, or working for."

tomcat

Nov 21, 2010, 04:13 PM #20 Last Edit: Nov 21, 2010, 04:15 PM by tomcat
The deck officer nodded, "All right. I will get some load lifters over here in fifteen so we can clear this deck."

He moved on and then Sallo nodded at Kara's explanation, "Doesn't surprise me that you don't know much about her. She is a con artist. She probably has been going on about being a noble from one of the colonies regional worlds, right? Well she isn't and she has caused some bad problems for a lot of people... people that you don't want to cause problems. So, she's wanted, and those that want her are willing to pay a lot. I am talking in the hundreds of thousands of credits." The bounty hunter let that sink in a minute with Kara, "I am not interested in anything else. I don't wanna hurt any of you or your friends. I don't even want to hurt the con-woman. But I do want to make my money... and I am willing to share some of it if you will help me. All I need you to do is hold up this ship's departure for the night and then when your fellow crew have fallen asleep, you open the landing portal and I will sneak in and take my mark. No one will get hurt and you will walk away with 30,000 credits... just for opening a door."

He fell silent, waiting to see what was the answer. He hoped Kara would play it smart and give up their new companion. There could not have been enough of a bond to have formed yet, and besides, this one looked like she played dirty.

watanabe

"30,000?  That's a lot of credits for a con woman, sounds almost like too much just for any con woman." Kara thought for a moment, the credits would be nice, and she wasn't fully loyal to the new companion, but at the same time Kara was somewhat responsible for bringing her on board.  She needed more information.

"How much will you give me up front?" Kara asked thinking about the trouble that this would bring no matter what decision she made.

tomcat

Nov 22, 2010, 08:25 AM #22 Last Edit: Nov 22, 2010, 08:31 AM by tomcat
"You have no idea what she has done," replied Corbin to Kara's disbelief. "As for money up front... I am giving you nothing, but... you will get your funds - and - I will even give you a ride away from here to any place in the galaxy you would like to go. After all, I am sure you may not find your current companions too hospitable if they were to find out afterwards."

:ooc: I like your character. It is always cool (and sometimes hard for game purposes) to have a PC in the group that is seemingly unreliable to the others, although she may be completely sworn to the group... or maybe she isn't!  ;)

watanabe

Kara shook her head.  Everyone had a price, but nothing up front wasn't even a price or an offer in her mind.

"Listen, you need to learn how to gamble a little.  I was 3,000 up front.  You give that to me, and I'll help you out.  I know you can afford it.  Its like a good game of Sabaac.  You bet 3,000 cause you know you can win a lot more in the long run if you are good at what you do.  If you aren't willing to put the money down, you can't play."
  Kara smiled at herself.  "And trust me, do I look like the type of person who wants a bounty hunter after them?  I pay off my debts when they are due, and I don't cause trouble with the guilds if I can help it."

:ooc:

Will Kara turn in a crew mate?  Will she got get drunk again?  We she take the money and run?  Stay Tuned!  (-D

tomcat

Dec 05, 2010, 04:20 PM #24 Last Edit: Dec 05, 2010, 08:44 PM by tomcat
To become the perfect hunter, you had to learn to perceive what your target's actions would be before they did them. The same was true for your competition, knowing their thoughts and how they would track their prey. In the wild, those creatures that learned to out think their prey rose to the top of the food chain. It was no different for his business - to be the best you out thought everyone.

Since his arrival on Jovan the day prior, and connecting with Shade and Hacks, Fett was slowly losing confidence in his associates. The darksider wanted nothing more than to kill them all in the street... none to subtle. It had the effect of bringing down the authorities on you, both local and Imperial. The bounty hunter was still not sure of Shade's affiliations, but was pretty sure he had little love for the Empire. Hacks was a throw away soldier, left over from a war now gone and rapidly decaying as his manufactured genetics began to implode. The situation had made the clone bitter to his creators, and so Boba Fett knew that Hacks wanted no Imperial intrusions. Still, he followed Shade's orders and even now had the trap ready to spring. They just need wait for the victims to walk into the web.

But Fett was the product of his father. A pure specimen, even though he looked and sounded exactly like Hacks - save for the genetic deterioration and scars of war - and as a product of his father, he had instilled in him the perception that allowed him to guess his enemy's moves. So Boba had drawn Shade away from the busy street that led to docking bay 12D and into the massive bay itself, and away from Hacks and his set electronic trap. Instead, the two had maneuvered through the ships and deck crews until they finally found a position to observe the Aegis from a distance, and so doing able to watch Corbin Sallo at work. Fett pointed, "He's arranging a deal, and it looks like the woman may be interested."

Shade only breathed in deeper. Kara he recognized as one of the few that escaped from Bakura and his dark rage ebbed and flowed within him. "What are you showing me this for, Fett? The rest of them are somewhere in Jovan. They may already be walking into our trap."

"You really want to make a play for them in such a grand style? Here? On a space station with a garrison of Imperial Stormtroopers? What do you think they will do to you when they see that flashy little sword of yours? I hear Vader has ordered the death, or incarceration of every Force-user. Have you been wanting to meet him?"

Again Shade's patience began to wane, "Fett I have one task. I was paid to eliminate these people. You want the noble woman? Take her, but quit worrying about how I do things!" The shadow hissed with intimidation. If it had any affect on the young bounty hunter, he did not show it. Fett replied, "All right then. Your choice on how you do things, but my mark better not be harmed, or you are making the compensation."

The tension between the two suddenly dispersed as they both looked up in surprise to hear the alarm klaxon. It seemed that Hacks went ahead and triggered the trap without them.

Sallo felt his hand tighten on his pistol grip. He didn't really need her. Just thought it would be a lot more clean this way and he could leave Jovan quietly. "So, you like to gamble," he said slowly bringing the blaster up. "Well, you lose."

At that moment, an alarm klaxon began to blare throughout the hangar bay. It was the environmental integrity alarm and everyone throughout the bay began to scurry and panic in fear of the potential explosive decompression that might come. Where the bay met the interior of Jovan, the massive environmental doors began to rapidly close.

The situation drew Corbin Sallo away from his current actions and all he could do was mutter, "WHAT?"

:ooc: Kara can give me her actions and narrative, along with another init roll, please.

watanabe

Kara watched as the figure tensed to draw its blaster and fire at her, but was stopped by the explosive decompression which was causing alarms to go off.  Kara looked around for a moment and decided now wasn't the time to fight, it was the time to run.

:ooc:

Run for the ship, use all my actions to move.

Init +6

Rolled 1d20+6 : 6 + 6, total 12