• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 11:30 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Jovan Station

Started by tomcat, Sep 28, 2010, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 27, 2010, 05:21 PM
The figure spoke again, "You will follow me."

"Yeah? Well, we're a bit busy right now, and time is money," Caden replied with a smile, as coolly as possible. "So unless you've got a better explanation than that, thanks, but we've got better things to do."

His hand slid toward his blaster, obvious enough that the hooded man could see it, but not so aggressively as to be provocative - Caden was posturing.
He was hoping that this was Dan's - their - contact.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

donimator

Sam held back as the group approached the figure (with Brit if he acquiesced to his request). He kept a clear line of sight to the figure as he talked with Caden and also scanned the crowd around them.  Had anyone else taken interest in their group or the figure? Did he have a retinue spread out in the crowd?  Sam found himself desperately hoping something good would come out of this.

Jingo

Kaida stepped forward. If the man had wanted to harm them would he have acted already? Or was he leading them into a neater, perhaps quieter, trap? She had been on the run from the Empire and its agents for so long she mistrusted everything.

Wanting to judge the man's intent and to cool any hot heads and quick hands from turning the situation into something it perhaps shouldn't be, she moderated her voice, and moved after the man, speaking so any passersby could not hear.

"First, sir, tell us who you are, who you work for, and why we should follow you?"

:ooc: She wants to use her persuade to get more information and to diffuse the situation.
Rolled 1d20+15 : 7 + 15, total 22

watanabe

Kara was too busy staring at the drink menu to notice the figure had showed up, she noticed that the list of ales was rather sparse and made a mental note to try and find a better bar to drink at if she had the chance to later.

:ooc:

I figure Kara rolled so low on perception, she deserves to not notice anything...

BrianM

Brim stared at the cloaked figure, a blank facial expression masking the his concentration. Was this another dark Jedi? Would I even be able to tell?

Dark Side Sense (Use the Force +8)
Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28

ZehnWaters

Britton wasn't waiting for anyone else to start shooting before drawing his gun.  He brought out his blaster but held it at his side.

tomcat

Quote from: watanabe on Oct 28, 2010, 07:08 PMKara was too busy staring at the drink menu to notice the figure had showed up, she noticed that the list of ales was rather sparse and made a mental note to try and find a better bar to drink at if she had the chance to later.

I figure Kara rolled so low on perception, she deserves to not notice anything...

:ooc: She hasn't even noticed that everyone left the bar about six posts ago!  (-D

I need to make an opposed roll here - nice roll, by the way Brian! The opposed roll can only be successful with a nat 20 of my own, so let's see:

DC 28 Use the Force +16
-------------------------
Rolled 1d20+16 : 5 + 16, total 21
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The figure heard Caden's answer and halted. He turned back to face him, only the end of the nose showing from the hood and a shadowed mouth and chin. There was a cynical smile on the face, "You have better things to do? I hope that racing to far away places isn't what you do to fill your time... unless of course this is the best option you now have? Then I shall leave you to it."

The cloaked figure turned away again with no other word, apparently unconcerned now if the companions did follow. Brim reached out with the senses that he was newly discovering and felt the man's presence within the Force, and there was no evil within him - although the Rodian did feel urgency and even some pain. That was when Kaida spoke, which caused the man to stop once more.

Maybe it was something in her voice, or maybe he could feel her concerns. In any case, he turned once more. "The streets of Jovan, though busy, are no place to conduct business - at least of a sort - and the way you have all huddled together since your arrival, if anyone is watching you, then you are certainly marked. After all... I marked you. And if you want some answers, then I bid you to follow. If not, then the space lanes are open to you." He finished by extending an arm in the direction that he was heading, as if to offer them to proceed, "My name is Ulric."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Kaida nodded, grateful for some information at least. "Thank you, I for one, am interested in knowing what sort of business it is you offer. I will come." She swept her gaze once around to her companions and then stepped in line behind the cloaked man.

This must be Organa's contact, she reasoned within herself. She desperately wanted to meet the senator, especially since she believed--or at least hoped--he had some information on the whereabouts of their family.

ZehnWaters

"Well I'm not letting her go by herself," Britton said, holstering (but not taking his hand off of) his blaster.  He stepped up with Kaida.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 29, 2010, 04:43 PM
"The streets of Jovan, though busy, are no place to conduct business - at least of a sort - and the way you have all huddled together since your arrival, if anyone is watching you, then you are certainly marked. After all... I marked you. And if you want some answers, then I bid you to follow. If not, then the space lanes are open to you." He finished by extending an arm in the direction that he was heading, as if to offer them to proceed, "My name is Ulric."

Caden relaxed a bit. "Y'know, you could have just said that up front," he said, a bit sheepishly.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

donimator

Sam relaxed a bit and rejoined the group. 'Ulric' Doubtful anything would show up on the public networks Sam could access on the move, but he started a scan in any case.

watanabe

Kara looked around the bar and realized she had lost the rest of the crew.  She cursed herself for a moment, and then called the bartender.

"Did you see where the group that was in the booth over there headed?" she asked.

tomcat

:ooc: No one was in a booth - everyone was equally spread out around the restaurant with Sam across the street. So, the bartender has no idea who Kara might be talking about. Just pick up on the new thread like Kara had left the cafe when everyone else did.

watanabe

I'll just head back to the ship then.