• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 05:34 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The skies of Bespin - round 2

Started by tomcat, Jul 16, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jul 16, 2010, 09:27 PM Last Edit: Jul 16, 2010, 09:30 PM by tomcat
Situation: The Aegis has launched from the landing pad and is racing for orbit to make the jump to lightspeed - there are a total of 3 wings of two fighters vectoring towards the escaping explorer. Due to the Empire only being a few years old, the Venator star destroyer is of the Clone Wars hardware, so it does not have a full complement of new fighters. There are inbound two Eta-2's, 2 V-wing's and two TIE/In fighters at different distances away. The Eta's will appear on the map marked A in round 10; the V-wings will arrive in round 5 at B, and the TIE's are already in close enought range.

The Aegis needs 10 rounds to calculate the jump to lightspeed. Due to the age of the data the astrogation test will be DC 20, but the ship's navicomputer will extend a +5, and may be conducted at the end of round 10 (no other actions can be taken by the PC conducting the calculations during the 10 rounds). If test is failed, you may attempt it again to discover the error, and then the whole process must begin again. If failed twice... well, the ship jumps and I tell you what happens!  >:D

Situational Modifiers: The Aegis has its new jamming suite that can blind enemy sensors; its jamming is limited to a single target within 6 squares, selected as a Swift action, and causes a -4 penalty to starfighters (-2 to transports); it may be opposed. Also, the Aegis now has it combat thrusters which make it one size smaller when attacked by enemies, and it may engage, or be engaged in dogfights.

Initiative will be conducted by ship, meaning all PC's can act on the ship's initiative. Each character may take a part in the ship's activities - Kara is piloting, whoever has best Use Computer for plotting course (Caden or Brim?), need two gunners to fire both guns (Britton and Kaida?), and someone could operate the jammer (Sam).

Physical Modifiers: The massive planet Bespin is nothing more than a ball of gas. If desired, ships may fly deeper into the planet's cloud cover to hide, but they do risk the effects of the corrosive tibanna gas, as well as being dragged into the planets gravity well. A ship that stays in the gas will be effected incrementally by 5% of its hit points per round (5% round 1, 10% round 2, etc.) The gas ignores SR but not DR. Also, for each round spent lower in Bespin's clouds will require increasing Pilot tests by +2, starting at DC 12, to keep from losing position. If a Pilot test is failed by more than 10, the ship will be trapped in the planet's gravitational pull.

TIE 2 is -2 on the condition track, and has suffered 34 damage, out of 60.

Initiative:
Eta-2's (+18) - Rolled 1d20+18 : 18 + 18, total 36
V-wings (+8) - Rolled 1d20+8 : 14 + 8, total 22
TIE fighters (+8) - Rolled 1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16
Aegis (+5*) - Rolled 1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9
*Kara's Pilot skill minus the Ship's size mod
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

TIE's continue to race in...

Move -
5 squares

Swift - reroute power (1 of 3 necessary to recover on the condition track by 1)
DC 20 Mechanics +6, condition -1 (-2) = +5 (+4)
-------------------------
TIE 1 -
Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6

TIE 2 -
Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10

Standard - attack the Aegis
DC 20 BAB +2, Pilot bonus +2, Vehicle Int Mod +2, condition -1 (-2), Range -5 = +0 (-1)
TIE 1 -
Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8

and if it hits...
Rolled 4d10 : 4, 3, 2, 7, total 16

damage multiplied by 2

TIE 2 -
Rolled 1d20-1 : 3 - 1, total 2

and if it hits...
Rolled 4d10 : 7, 4, 9, 1, total 21

damage multiplied by 2
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

:ooc: Just wanted to check, did the Aegis' shooting at others hit anyone, and was the damage multiplied by 2 as well?  ;D

IC:

Kara watched on the viewscreen as the warning indicators continued to flash that the TIE fighters were coming towards her.  They were faster than her, but she knew a few tricks.

"Hang on, this is going to get interesting." she yelled as she grabbed the control yoke, and looked at the sensor screen and began to fly in a defensive manner, so that the TIE's would have an even harder time hitting her.

:ooc:

Move down and to the right diagonally (2 squares, since diagonal movement takes up 2 squares for each move and we can only move 4).
Fight Defensively: Trained in Pilot, so all attacks on us till my next turn take a -5, but we also have a -5 to attack as well. 

donimator

Sam will stick with what works. Until the Aegis starts taking some damage, he will focus his processing on helping Britton with the targeting. If they can end these waves quickly, it will give them some breathing room.

Sam's actions, Round 2
Swift - Recover action (3 of 3, moves to -1 on condition track)
Standard - Aid Another (Attack Roll - Britton)
Sensor Operator - Use Computer DC 10
Sam - Use Computer +9,-1 condition track
Rolled 1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16

Swift - activate jammer on Tie 1

ZehnWaters

Jul 17, 2010, 09:42 PM #4 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2010, 04:32 PM by tomcat
:ooc:  Am I still under the effects of Inspire Haste?  Also, does my Fatal Hit feat work in this situation?

Standard 1-
Rolled 1d20 - 1*: 17 - 1 Total:16
and if it hits, damage is...
Rolled 4d10: 10,1,5,6,+0 Total:22

Standard 2-
Rolled 1d20 - 1* : 11 - 1 Total:10
and if it hits, damage is...
Roll(4d10)+0: 9,4,8,8,+0 Total:29

Inspired by his new crew-mate Britton's keen eye targeted the damaged TIE fighter and he fired two deadly shots.

*Your dice modifier is calculated as such: Britton's BAB +5 Aegis Int Mod +4 Sam's Aid +2 Range mod -2 Nonproficiency -5 Kara's piloting -5 = -1

Last round, I forgot to subtract the non-proficiency but we are leaving things as they are.

tomcat

Jul 18, 2010, 02:27 PM #5 Last Edit: Jul 18, 2010, 02:38 PM by tomcat
:ooc: To answer some questions...

Quote from: watanabe on Jul 17, 2010, 05:03 AM
:ooc: Just wanted to check, did the Aegis' shooting at others hit anyone, and was the damage multiplied by 2 as well?  ;D

Yea, Nick. I rolled the damage from Britton and Kaida's attacks in round 1 and you can see what happened here:

The skies of Bespin - round 1 and  The skies of Bespin - round 1

Also going to assume the ship is still moving UP out of the atmosphere.

Quote from: ZehnWaters on Jul 17, 2010, 09:42 PM
:ooc:  Am I still under the effects of Inspire Haste?  Also, does my Fatal Hit feat work in this situation?

You are under the effects of her Haste per round - Jingo has not yet posted to say that he will be doing it again, but I can safely assume he will, so your second shot is fine.

And Don, the Activate Jammer still needs a Use Computer test roll so that I can try to oppose the effects, which will last until your turn on the the following round.

Going to see if Jingo posts within the next day before I move the round on.

Caden is plotting the course and will be doing that for 9 more rounds, and Brim is MIA, so we will just keep him safely watching from the command deck.

Map is updated below...

donimator

Quote from: tomcat on Jul 18, 2010, 02:27 PM
:ooc: To answer some questions...
And Don, the Activate Jammer still needs a Use Computer test roll so that I can try to oppose the effects, which will last until your turn on the the following round.

whoops!

Swift - Activate Jammer
Sam - Use Computer +9,-1 condition track
Rolled 1d20+8 : 15 + 8, total 23

Jingo

Kaida frowned as her own shot went wide. Then she lined up the incoming Tie in her ship again, swiveling the chair wildly to keep the enemy fighter inside her targeting display. Blast, but it was too fast! At least Britton seemed to be having better luck.

"Good shot! Keep it up!" She called down below her.

She took a deep breath and blew out a strand of hair from her face. She tried to ignore her sweaty hands on the gun's trigger mechanisms. Lining up the fighter again, her face deep in concentration, she was about to take the shot when Kara's flying suddenly lurched in the opposite direction ( :ooc: Kara's defensive flying... ) causing the enemy fighter to careen way out of her targeting display. She uttered a low curse under her breath. With this kind of flying they weren't going to hit anything! But maybe it was for the best; if they could avoid getting hit themselves and could get out the the atmosphere fast enough, then maybe, just maybe they had a chance.

"They're coming closer. Watch it on your side, Britton!"

:ooc: Yeah, Kaida will do the same thing. For her swift action, she'll Inspire haste on Britton. Then for her second swift action, in place of her standard action, she'll activate her Born Leader talent. So, anyone for the rest of the encounter who is within her line of sight (the other gun well I'm assuming) will get a +1 bonus to attack rolls. Not sure if this takes effect before Britton's above posting, or at the start of next round--your call GM.

BrianM

Jul 19, 2010, 03:03 PM #8 Last Edit: Jul 19, 2010, 03:14 PM by BrianM
 :ooc: Apologies for the MIA ... I'm actually on vacation with my family right now, but I have some free time and wifi :) Not sure Brim can do much right now, as his Use Computer skill is not as good as Caden's, but I assume he can assist with the calculations if that is possible. Do I need to make a roll myself for this action, or does Caden just get a bonus? Perhaps this will take some time off of the total process.

Brim pulled up the nav comp from the bridge station where he sat. He was certainly no expert, but he had plotted a few jumps in his short career. Turning to Caden, the Rodian said, "I can assist ... send some of the calculations over to this console."

:ooc: Here's the roll just in case it's required ...
Rolled 1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Jingo, no... I will give the +1 bonus to everyone that rolled a test that is in LOS to you (SAM and Britton).

And Brian, that is cool with the dialogue, but there is no need to help with the lightspeed calculation - Shawn made the roll. You can look at maybe doing some co-piloting activities, if anything is needed there.

TIE 1 pilot attempts to clear jamming
DC 24 Use Computer +6, TIE's Int mod +2

Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21

Lastly, one of Britton's attacks hits this round for 22 damage x 2 = 44 minus DR 10 = 34 more damage for a total of 68.

Britton smiled as he saw the TIE fighter with which he had been engaging suddenly erupt in an explosion. The wing panels and what remained of the bulbous cockpit fell out of the fire and smoke, plumetting into the crushing depths of Bespin.