• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 07:08 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Landing Pad encounter - round 4

Started by tomcat, Jul 03, 2010, 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jul 03, 2010, 07:05 PM Last Edit: Jul 03, 2010, 07:07 PM by tomcat
Situation: The two parties are facing off at one another, and it has gotten to the point of weapon fire. Stormtroopers can now be seen running towards the platform - they will arrive in round 4

Situational Modifiers: Kaida is granting a +1 bonus to all attacks for the encounter

Physical Modifiers: There are crates available for cover that will deduct a -5 to all attacks made at anyone using cover. The Aegis' weapons are not autofire cannons, but the amount of energy output will cause splash damage to an area of attack 2x2 squares against soft/semi-soft targets (i.e. droids). The targeted victim, if Reflex is overcome will take full damage rolled; if not, only 1/2 damage rolled. Any characters within a designated 2x2 area, by gunner, if their Reflex is overcome, they also will take 1/2 the damage rolled.

IG-35 is -1 on Condition Track.
Sam is -1 on Condition Track.
Caden is -1 on Condition Track.

Initiative:
IG-35 (+13) - 26
Kaida (+10) - 25
Kara (+5) - 25
Britton (+9) - 23
Sam (+5) - 21
Sallo (+13) - 19
Brim (+6) - 16
Brutes (+7) - 15
Caden (+4) -14
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

Kara knew it was time to hightail it out of here firing spot.  She took off running for the ship...

:ooc:

Double move. 12 squares to the square left and up from where "S" is on the map.

donimator

The searing heat of the fuel depot explosion threatening to peel the new paint off the Aegis. The landing platform pockmarked with blaster impacts and littered with the remains of a group of hired guns, probably just out to make a buck. Imperial troopers closing on their position from the ground and the skies above. Well, at least they didn't send someone's house over a cliff.

Sam saw Kara sprinting towards the ramp as the Aegis bucked and jolted hovering above the pad. It was time to move. Sam saw the IG droid still hiding behind the crates, obliviously firing as the unseen troops approached his position. Well, at least this encounter wasn't Sam's whole fault.

Sam remained in cover for as long as he could before moving to the ramp and firing a last desperate, hopeful shot at the IG droid as he hopped onto the closing gantry. (Why was he so intent on IG-35's destruction? He should be happy with an escape with a few bumps and bruises but he wanted to be the one to take IG-35 down).

Sam's actions, Round 4
Swift: Recover action (2nd of three)
Move (split move - Running attack feat): Move to bottom of landing ramp as Kara boards.
Standard: Fire blaster (desperation shot at IG-35)
+1 Kaida, -2 cond. track**, -2 short range, -5 cover = -8
Rolled 1d20-8 : 11 - 8, total 3

if miracle, dmg-
Rolled 3d6+2 : 2, 2, 2 + 2, total 8

Move (2nd half): Steps up onto rising ramp.
Free: Raises right hand smartly to temple, fingers extended, upper arm level, forearm angled precisely 45 degrees to ground. Holds for a beat. Drops hand quickly to side with a forward and downward motion.

**question by PM

tomcat

Jul 05, 2010, 07:28 AM #3 Last Edit: Jul 05, 2010, 05:02 PM by tomcat
After his salute, Sam reached out to the running Kara and grabbed her hand. He pulled hard and easily drew the woman up onto the ramp, where the two scurried the remainder of the way into the ship. The ramp and hatch closed with a hiss and the Aegis was now buttoned up tight and ready for space travel With the ship's complement back on board, Brim gunned the engines and the Aegis surged forward out and over the main body of the city. Caden staggered in and took the pilot seat next to the Rodian and rested for a moment, allowing Brim to do the flying.

Outside the ship, the Imperial stormtoopers saw the Aegis launch into the air and commenced firing their blasters at the ship. Unfortunately, the rifles were not potent enough to do more than score the ship's tough armor plating. Through his gun view site, Britton could see the troopers scurrying onto the pad as some confiscated the weapon from what looked like a disabled IG-series droid. It would seem that IG-35 was now out of business.

Sallo had leapt from the landing pad after activating the stealth feature of his armor. The photoreactive fibers within the suit absorbed the light and changed its color to match those of his surroundings. Only when he would move was there any visible sign of the man, as the area where he stood would become blurred. Once the bounty hunter had hit the angled surface of Cloud City, he began to slide. He quickly reacted and fired a durasteel bolt from his grapnel into the body of the city and then he grunted hard as the rope line caught him and brought him to a quick stop.

Corbin now lay on his back, hanging from the lodged spike, as the Aegis lifted off and flew over him off of the landing pad. He quickly grabbed for another device on his utility belt, which resembled a long metal pipe. Corbin aimed it at the moving vessel and fired, hoping that the small tracking device launched from the other end would have enough speed to catch and stick to the vessel's surface.

The bounty hunter smiled within his helmet as he saw TIE fighters divert course for the fleeing explorer-vessel. It would seem that the heroes would have more to deal with than just him. Still, he hoped that they survived so that he might capture his target, but it was now out of his hands. He looked to his communication gauntlet to see if he was getting a signal from the tracker. At the same time, he prepared his grapnel with another bolt.

Caden - uses all three actions to Recover from his condition
Brim - pilots ship away from landing pad.

Sallo - fires tracking device at the Aegis... dice roll and results will remain hidden (I have a virtual GM screen here  ;) )
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

So do I actually make it back to the ship... I think the ramp is 13 squares away...  (-D

tomcat

:ooc: Oops... sorry. I guess I could have implied that better with my opening sentence to the narrative above, but yes, Kara is aboard having run up the ramp as it was hovering over the landing pads on its repulsors.

All right, feel free to dialogue here as you will while I read up on how to conduct ship combat. I will post a new thread after I see that you guys have added all you want to.

ZehnWaters

"We've got TIE's coming in!" Britton called.  "Should I fire?  Or do you want to try and talk our way out of this?"

donimator

Sam stumbled a bit as the Aegis twisted and lurched to gain speed and altitude while avoiding the Imperials. Perhaps his servos were in worse shape than he first thought. Repairs would have to wait. His internal diagnostic complete, he prioritized the list and set about what he could to self-repair. He plugged into a terminal to activate and monitor the jamming suite. They hadn't field-tested it yet and he was as familiar with it as anyone on the ship. He added his processing power to the jammer, if possible, to save some ship resources and better focus the emitted signals to maximum effect. This was not a fight they could win. They had to duck and dodge until they were clear.

watanabe

Quote from: tomcat on Jul 05, 2010, 04:58 PM
:ooc: Oops... sorry. I guess I could have implied that better with my opening sentence to the narrative above, but yes, Kara is aboard having run up the ramp as it was hovering over the landing pads on its repulsors.

All right, feel free to dialogue here as you will while I read up on how to conduct ship combat. I will post a new thread after I see that you guys have added all you want to.

Cool, I wanted to do something stupidly heroic as I jumped on the landing pad, like shooting off a blaster bolt as the ship lifted off.  (-D

tomcat

:ooc: Actually, you may have the opportunity to do some real heroic things here, cause Kara is the best pilot on the ship... so have fun with RP'ing that.  ;)

I love the idea of a fantastic pilot that has a problem with drugs. She has this amazing skill but everyone is afraid to trust her due to her vice.

Anyway, feel free to give me the narrative you want and fire off that round... if you can hit one, you might get a chance to kill a stormtrooper and score one against the Empire!  ;)

BrianM

Quote from: ZehnWaters on Jul 05, 2010, 06:57 PM
"We've got TIE's coming in!" Britton called.  "Should I fire?  Or do you want to try and talk our way out of this?"

Brim looked sideways at Caden, resting in the seat next to him. Suddenly aware of his limited piloting skills (it was enough just to get Aegis in the air), the thought of getting the ship through a battle with TIE fighters made the Rodian feel rather ... vulnerable. "Any time you're up to taking over ... I'd hate to be responsible for your nice ship being atomized by our Imperial friends."

sdrotar

Jul 06, 2010, 11:04 AM #11 Last Edit: Jul 06, 2010, 11:08 AM by sdrotar
Caden shook his head violently from side to side, clearing the cobwebs.
"Right, yeah," he said, as his senses returned to him. Glancing across the cockpit, he assessed the situation.

"We've got company," Caden barked across the ship-wide comlink. "Let's try to ditch them without firing, but if it comes down to them or us... get the guns ready."

He ached everywhere. He was going to be OK, but still... "Brim, remind me never to draw first on a bounty hunter and his army again. Start shutting down everything we can that might give away our identity - comm systems, IFF code-pingers, the works. We just blew all our coin on masking this ship; I'd like to keep it that way before the Imperials decide to send an entire Star Destroyer after us."

As Brim stood up to tackle the computers in the rear of the cockpit, Caden took a deep breath as he looked at the empty seat next to him. He felt a little sick to his stomach as he thumbed the comlink once more, hardly believing he was doing it.

"Kara, if you're still in one piece, get your ass up here."

:ooc: Count me in for the long haul. The madness at work (first layoffs, and now the NBA and NHL playoffs, plus their respective drafts are finally over) has subsided, and I can fully engage here once more. My sincere apologies for my sporadic posts over the last six weeks.

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara rushed to the cockpit and looked around for an open seat where she could get at the controls.  It was moments like this she didn't need the spice to bring excitement and make the adrenalin flow, danger provided a natural high which couldn't be matched.  As she scanned everything in the cockpit she looked at things that needed to get done.

"Is anyone on scanners, we need a path out of here, as well as someone who can calculate a hyperspace jump really quick once we get off the planet." she said looking around, realizing she still had her pistol in her hand.  She holstered it quickly and took a deep breath before being given permission to fly them out of this mess.

sdrotar

"Take the stick," Caden said. "I'll plot us a jump outta here. You'd better be as good as you say you are."
He whispered under his breath so only she could hear: "Scratch my ship and you'll have bigger problems than finding your next high."

Caden elbowed her with a wan smile. He was kidding... at least, he thought he was. Even he wasn't sure yet.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara got into the pilot seat and pushed the ship as fast as she could towards the sky.

OOC:

I'll just move full speed for now, maybe I'll try to push it beyond its normal speed in later rounds if needed.  Also let me know if I need to make pilot checks, I'll be out of town for the next two days, and will probably only have time to post tomorrow night.