• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 07:47 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Landing Pad encounter - round 3

Started by tomcat, Jun 28, 2010, 05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The two parties are facing off at one another, and it has gotten to the point of weapon fire. Stormtroopers can now be seen running towards the platform - they will arrive in round 4

Situational Modifiers: Kaida is granting a +1 bonus to all attacks for the encounter

Physical Modifiers: There are crates available for cover that will deduct a -5 to all attacks made at anyone using cover. The Aegis' weapons are not autofire cannons, but the amount of energy output will cause splash damage to an area of attack 2x2 squares against soft/semi-soft targets (i.e. droids). The targeted victim, if Reflex is overcome will take full damage rolled; if not, only 1/2 damage rolled. Any characters within a designated 2x2 area, by gunner, if their Reflex is overcome, they also will take 1/2 the damage rolled.

IG-35 is -1 on Condition Track.
Sam is -1 on Condition Track.
Caden is -1 on Condition Track.

Initiative:
IG-35 (+13) - 26
Kaida (+10) - 25
Kara (+5) - 25
Britton (+9) - 23
Sam (+5) - 21
Sallo (+13) - 19
Brim (+6) - 16
Brutes (+7) - 15
Caden (+4) -14
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Jun 28, 2010, 08:11 PM #1 Last Edit: Jun 28, 2010, 08:47 PM by Jingo
Through the blaster fire, Kaida wondered why the bounty hunter was moving away? Surely he hadn't given up yet! Well, true, the blaster cannon's rapport was an awesome deterrent, but the bounty hunter and the droid's group had surely had them outnumbered and outgunned.

Then, she too saw the column of white armored storm troopers running toward them. She growled under her breath, but still managed a wry grin. Poor Caden. All that work to make his ship go unnoticed and now imperial troopers would be seeing them feeling the scene. She hoped they would be fleeing the scene at least. Hoped they could get this ship in the air. Staying and fighting was going to be suicide.

She hit the comlink broadcasting to the entire group. "We got troopers, Captain! Imps. Coming in fast. Hope we can get the ship prepped and space bound ASAP!"

"Move it Kara! We'll cover you! Britton, covering fire for Kara!" She barked the commands into into her comlink, then leaping up, shot at one of the ruffians; then she was running for the ramp herself.

:ooc: She'll do the same thing as last turn.
1) standard action she'll shoot at R4, since he looks like he's out in the open.
2) move action. She'll run up the ramp but will stop just behind a bulkhead or something inside the ship to continue giving covering fire down the ramp as needed in later round(s).
3) swift action. She'll activate her inspire haste talent again for Britton on the cannon.

Here's my roll for my attack:

Roll(1d20)+6:
20,+6
Total:26

Woot! Natural 20.

Here's my damage roll:

Roll(3d8)+0:
5,4,4,+0
Total:13

ZehnWaters

Jun 28, 2010, 09:36 PM #2 Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010, 09:26 AM by ZehnWaters
:ooc:
Attack Rolled 1d20+7 : 12 + 7 + 1 - 5 total 15
Damage Rolled 4d10x2 : total 38

IC  Britton wasn't happy to be told what to do but he swallowed his pride and took aim at the remaining ruffians and shot.

What's the splash area on the gun?

donimator

The searing blast tore through Sam's plating and singed some circuits. In the milliseconds where he was in danger of falling, he rerouted power and command relays through alternate paths and regained control of his servos. Some permanent damage was done though, and he set a sub-routine to logging the problems and calibrating for repairs.

He scanned the pad again from behind the crates and saw the approaching Stormtroopers as Kaida reported them over the comm. The bounty hunter was circling away, he looked to be leaving the picture. The hired guns were arrayed before him, their morale and effectiveness quickly draining. And there, skulking behind a crate was the object of his angst, IG-35. Sam saw red.

...no, he actually saw red. A malfunction had engaged his heat ranging vision and with a shake he returned to normal visual processing. The IG droid was a low percentage shot for Sam. Despite IG's better accuracy, the brutes posed a more serious risk to keeping them from getting on the Aegis.

Sam sucks it up and stays behind the cover of the crates as he fires at the brutes ahead of him. Kara needs some time to move and he will stand fast and lay down some fire until she is aboard.

Sam's Round 3 actions
-1 Cond. Track, +1 Hot-wired-processor, +1 Kaida's bonus

Swift: Catch a second wind (+15 hps) (** :ooc: )
Standard: Fire Blaster at R5
Blaster +7, +2 bonuses, -1 Cond. Track = d20+8
Rolled 1d20+8 : 10 + 8, total 18

Dmg, if hit
Rolled 3d6+2 : 5, 6, 4 + 2, total 17

Swift: Recover action (1st of three)

(Note: Sam's 'Hot-wired processor' talent ends and he drops to -2 on Condition track at end of round)

:ooc: **I'm assuming droid characters can Catch a second wind like any other heroic character? If not, Sam will spend two swift actions on the Recover Action.

donimator

:ooc: Hmmm, not sure if that will be a hit or not. If it's close Doug, Sam will use a Force Point to add the 1d6 roll:
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

(I like this built-in die-roller  ;D Not seeing the results until I post is almost like the real thing!!)

Jingo

Quote from: ZehnWaters on Jun 28, 2010, 09:36 PM
Attack Rolled 1d20+7 : 12 + 7 + 1 - 5 total 15
Damage Rolled 4d10x2 : total 38

IC  Britton wasn't happy to be told what to do but he swallowed his pride and took aim at the remaining ruffians and shot.

What's the splash area on the gun?

:ooc: Remember Britton, Kaida's inspire haste talent lets you shoot twice! ;D

Jingo

Quote from: donimator on Jun 29, 2010, 04:51 AM
:ooc: ...(I like this built-in die-roller  ;D Not seeing the results until I post is almost like the real thing!!)

:ooc: There's a built in die-roller? Cool Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure how it works, but I'm gonna give it a test run. Besides maybe a bunch of posts will get everyone else going on the round. This is a test of a 1d20+3 roll:
Rolled 1d20+3 : 13 + 3, total 16
... only a test. Cool!

watanabe

Kara looked up and focused on the bounty hunter again and fired, hoping for the best.  She swore as she saw the stormtroopers approaching, she would probably need to get on the move soon.

I just noticed I hadn't been taking on my point blank shot... so...

Attack: +5, +1 (point blank) and +1 (Kaida) = +7

Rolled 1d20+7 : 13 + 7, total 20

If hits: 3d6+5

Rolled 3d6+5 : 4, 3, 4 + 5, total 16

tomcat

:ooc: I guess I will chalk it up to summertime with family in regards to the absence of a few players. Not to say they haven't been visiting daily, but the posts have been real sparse. This said, I will post for them and await their return.

Don - I see nothing in the rules that says that a droid cannot "catch a second wind" so you are fine - I updated Sam's sheet.

IG-35 sees Sam moving behind the crates in an attempt to get inside the ship, and targets him
DC 22 +5 for cover RC +12, -1 penalty
-------------------------
Roll(1d20)+11: 12,+11 Total:23 FAILED

Kaida - double damage from Nat 20 kills R4 quite cleanly (or maybe it was messy, you decide in your mind)
Kara - blaster fire goes wide of Bounty Hunter
Britton - targets two locations between the group of thugs firing at the heroes; first roll was a 15 and second roll (from Kaida's talent) is 12; both rolls hit and damages are 38 and 40, each divided by two, so R3 and R5 take 19 each, and R5 and R2 take 20 each - all three are slain by concussive effects of the Aegis's laser cannons.
Sam - changing Sam's fire to Ig-35 as the original target was slain; blaster fire impacts on crates in front of droid
Caden - takes a Second Wind and then moves towards the cockpit
Brim - begins launch sequences for the Aegis and engages repulsors which allows the ship to lift off of its landing gear, landing ramp is still open

Sallo - activates stealth armor and runs to the edge of the landing platform and jumps.

Britton, having seen the impact of the laser cannons on individuals decides to use the sheer energy output against an area of targets, instead of direct fire. He watches through the targeting viewer as the laser turret pivots away from the bounty hunter towards the thugs and he zooms in on the ground between them all. Kaida's words come through his commlink, and though she is giving orders, he is inspired by her courage and will to take charge. He pulls back on the trigger twice and the guns explode amdist the enemy. When his viewer clears of the flare, there are only bodies that now lay strewn about where once living beings stood.

As Sam's blaster fire impacts the large loading crates that lay stacked around the gantry to the landing pad, Imperial stormtroopers begin to hustle towards them. The droid looks to see that only he and Kara are left to climb aboard. It was time to get going.

Across from him, IG-35 is still unaware of the troopers approach until the first blaster fire, aimed to intimidate only, starts careening around his position. The embattled droid turns to see that he has more trouble to deal with now then the few thousand credits that he had lost in the trade.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

ZehnWaters

:ooc: Whoops, I missed the post telling me to roll again.  Sorry!

IC "Let's go, Kaida," Britton called over the comlink.  "You too, Sam."