• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 01:24 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Landing Pad encounter - round 2

Started by tomcat, Jun 12, 2010, 02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jun 12, 2010, 02:47 PM Last Edit: Jun 28, 2010, 04:20 PM by tomcat
Situation: The two parties are facing off at one another, and it has gotten to the point of weapon fire.

Situational Modifiers: Kaida is granting a +1 bonus to all attacks for the encounter

Physical Modifiers: There are crates available for cover that will deduct a -5 to all attacks made at anyone using cover. The Aegis' weapons are not autofire cannons, but the amount of energy output will cause splash damage to an area of attack 2x2 squares against soft/semi-soft targets (i.e. droids). The targeted victim, if Reflex is overcome will take full damage rolled; if not, only 1/2 damage rolled. Any characters within a designated 2x2 area, by gunner, if their Reflex is overcome, they also will take 1/2 the damage rolled.

IG-35 is -1 on Condition Track.

Initiative:
IG-35 (+13) - 26
Kaida (+10) - 25
Kara (+5) - 25
Britton (+9) - 23
Sam (+5) - 21
Sallo (+13) - 19
Brim (+6) - 16
Brutes (+7) - 15
Caden (+4) -14

I will await each of the PC's init rolls. If it is higher than those above, give me your actions. If it is lower, you may still give me your actions but understand the characters acting prior to you may cause those actions to be needing an adjustment.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

:ooc: Great posting Doug! That must have taken some time!!
One question - did Sam get to move? I wanted him to move back towards the Aegis. He used a Swift (Quickdraw), Move and Standard action in turn 1. Let me know if I missed anything.
QuoteSam's actions:
Swift - Draw blaster (Quickdraw)
Standard -  Fire @ IG-35
Move - Head in direction (6 squares) of Aegis' front landing gear for cover

Sam's Init roll for Round 2
Initiative +5
Rolled 1d20+5 : 16 + 5, total 21

tomcat

:ooc: Thanks Don! What took most time was me getting to it.  ;)

I forgot about moving Sam... I corrected the picture.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

Kara aimed from behind the crates and fired again, this time hoping to hit the bounty hunter as her last shot went well wide.

:ooc:

Init +5

Rolled 1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25

Attack: +5

Rolled 1d20+5 : 7 + 5, total 12

If by some pure luck it hits:

Rolled 3d6+4 : 2, 4, 2 + 4, total 12

watanabe

Yeah of course, nat 20 on the initiative, another crappy attack roll!  (-D

tomcat

Jun 12, 2010, 03:42 PM #5 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2010, 03:43 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Funny  ;D

Unfortunately, the hit missed. The BH is kind of a bad ass, a little bit up there for your levels, but it is mostly due to his armor and Improved Armor defense.

You are the more experienced Saga player/GM here, Nick... was the fuel tank explosion modelled well?

donimator

Sam quickly took stock of the fluid situation and processed the best course of action. IG-35 had retreated to the ramp area and was not the best target. This bounty hunter looked like a tough nut to crack, but the volume of fire still out there was of the most concern. Sam focused on the closest brute (R3). Maybe if a few more of those guys went down the others would break and run leaving the crew with decidedly fewer barrels pointing at them. Sam amped up his circuitry to squeeze any advantage he could from this situation. It would soon knock him down, but he didn't expect this firefight to go on much longer.

Sam's Actions
Swift - {talent} - Hot-wired processor (+1 to Ranged for two rounds, -1 on Condition track after two rounds)
Standard - Fire Blaster at R3
Blaster pistol +7 +1 = +8
Rolled 1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9

(dmg, if hit) -
Rolled 3d6+2 : 2, 2, 6 + 2, total 12

MoveContinue moving to cover, angling towards crates near Aegis' ramp.

tomcat

:ooc: Don, you actually rolled a 10, because you get a +1 to all attacks from Kaida's talent for the duration of this encounter. It is a miss unless you wish to use a Force Point.

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat

Corbin Sallo
Move
to new location (see map)
Standard fires grenade at fueling station
DC 5 RC +12
-------------------------
Roll(1d20)+12: 2,+12 Total:14 SUCCESS damage Roll(4d6)+5: 4,4,1,2,+5 Total:16

Kaida takes 7

ALL PC SHEETS HAVE BEEN UPDATED FOR DAMAGE - you may want to look to see how bad things are for your character.

:ooc: Quick question. Kaida has the Evasion talent from her Scout class (p. 50). I'm wondering if that allows me to negate the damage from the explosion last round, since my REF defense was higher than Corbin's Grenade attack--then again, the secondary explosion from the gas tank was what actually hit me, but I didn't see that it had its own attack. Or maybe you went ahead and rolled that off-screen to determine the hit?

Jingo

Jun 12, 2010, 05:49 PM #9 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2010, 06:05 PM by Jingo
:ooc: My understanding is that inits are only rolled once at the beginning of the encounter and are used for all rounds of that encounter and don't usually change. But if it's a house rule, that's cool.
Here it is if you still need it:

Roll(1d20)+10:
15,+10
Total:25

As the ball of flame erupted, Kaida dove behind the nearest crate...

:ooc: Move action move to square just south of B1, two squares north of her current position.

... and then rolling to a crouching position, her blaster pointing at the bounty hunter jetting up above, she tried to track him and squeezed off a shot. "Captain!" She shouted to Caden over her shoulder. "Let's get this bucket of bolts in the air!"

:ooc: Standard action - Shoots the bounty hunter. Here's my attack roll:

Roll(1d20)+6:
10,+6
Total:16

I bet that missed though. If he's anything better than we are, he's probably got a REF defense in the low to mid 20s. But on the off chance I'm wrong, here's the damage:

Roll(3d8)+0:
6,3,6,+0
Total:15

The tone of command came naturally to her voice. She was, of course, used to giving orders, and even if this wasn't her ship, it was she they were after, and it was her job to keep her own skin intact. "Keep that cover fire coming, Britton! They've got some serious weaponry out here!"

:ooc: Swift action - She activates her Inspire Haste talent. On one ally's turn that's in LOS, he/she can do a standard action as the move action instead. This essentially allows someone two standard actions. I'll give it to Britton that way he can give more covering fire on the turret. Two shots from that cannon in one turn ought to be able to put down the rest of those ruffians--hopefully.

ZehnWaters

:ooc: Init. Rolled 1d20+5 : 14 + 9, total 23
Attack Rolled 1d20+5 : 7 + 7 + 1 - 5 total 10
Damage Rolled 4d10x2 : total 32

Britton powered up the guns again and aimed at the Bounty Hunter again.

sdrotar

:ooc: I'm traveling until Wednesday, and my ability to post might be spotty. I'd like Caden to make a break for the Aegis' ramp, firing as he goes, in an effort to get the ship off the ground.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

donimator

Quote from: tomcat on Jun 12, 2010, 04:03 PM
:ooc: Don, you actually rolled a 10, because you get a +1 to all attacks from Kaida's talent for the duration of this encounter. It is a miss unless you wish to use a Force Point.
:ooc: Forgot about that one, thanks. But Sam rolled a '1' - is that not an auto-miss anyway? In any regard I'll let the miss stand. A '20' one turn a '1' the next. it all evens out!

watanabe

Quote from: tomcat on Jun 12, 2010, 03:42 PM
:ooc: Funny  ;D

Unfortunately, the hit missed. The BH is kind of a bad ass, a little bit up there for your levels, but it is mostly due to his armor and Improved Armor defense.

You are the more experienced Saga player/GM here, Nick... was the fuel tank explosion modelled well?

I think you did a good job, a lot of things in Saga need to be handled on the fly by the gm, and your solution seems to be a good one to me.

BrianM

:ooc: Whew, a lot of things happened in a hurry this week! Sorry about having to catch up. No excuses - it's just been that kind of week. I'm looking forward to Father's Day tomorrow where I have nothing planned at all for the entire day :).

Brim's initiative: Roll(1d20)+6: 10,+6 Total:16

Brim pulled back into the ship and shielded his eyes as the heat wave from the fuel explosion washed across the boarding ramp. The Rodian rose and ran as fast as he could towards the bridge, hoping that the engines had withstood the damage, or they weren't going anywhere.