• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 09:57 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Mansion attack - round 6

Started by tomcat, Oct 02, 2009, 05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Oct 02, 2009, 05:50 AM Last Edit: Oct 02, 2009, 05:56 AM by tomcat
Situation: Ranie's mansion is attacked. Caden and Sam are hovering over the drive, as the villains and now the heroes are leaving the mansion (4 rounds left until the building slides over the cliff).

Situational Modifiers: none.

Physical Modifiers: It is night time and -2 darkness penalty applies for all actions (n/a for Med Facility) unless the PC has special ability/equipment (troopers have low-light vision headgear); any map corner that represents a wall may be used as cover; furnishings will offer limited cover based on the weapon

Initiative:
Shade (+13) 24
Jasper (+6) 23
Hacks (+6) 20
Britton (+9) 17
Brim (+6) 22
Qinos (+8-1) 16
Sam (+5) 17
Caden (+4) 17

After collecting her few things, Kara had run out of her room and down the stairs to the main hallway of Ranie's staff office. She was greeted by a number of staffers that resided on the premises, all looking about wondering what was going on. All the while, the floor of the building girated as the mansion began to slide off the face of the cliff. Just fifteen feet from where she stood, Kara could see the main exit out to the drive.

Brim and Dan opened the door in time to see the lightsaber weilding shadow moving slowly across the driveway, under the roar and lights of the Aegis. He had not, as yet, taken notice of them. Suddenly, blaster fire erupts from the tree line spraying the door way in which they stood.

Hacks, seeing Britton take a terrible hit to his armored chest, assumed his target was now dead and so the clone turned and ran from the house.

Shade is:
Move -
moving confidently towards the woods, his lightsaber easily identifying him.
Swift - none
Standard - delayed

Jasper has:
Move -
taken up a position in the treeline to cover any exit from the house to keep anyone attempting to get out from doing that.
Swift - switch to autofire
Standard - targets the door that Brim and Dan have just walked out of [2x2 area is affected]
Brim 20 / Dan 16 RC +9, autofire -5
-------------------------
Roll(1d20)+4: 18,+4 Total:22 SUCCESS [damage Roll(3d8)+4: 7,5,7,+4 Total:23]

Devastating attack talent reduces targets Damage Threshold by 5. Dan is gunned down in the doorway... dead (which is okay, cause I kinda wanna ace all NPC party members).

Hacks is:
Move -
moving up the hall towards the door
Swift - none.
Standard - delayed
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

:ooc: Quick question: Was Brim damaged by the attack as well? Same amount as Dan?

tomcat

:ooc: Yes, Brian... the autofire attack hits all occupants of a 2x2 square. I did not update your sheet, though... sorry about that.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Sam takes great care to discern friend from foe as he spins up the weapons and focuses on mastering the unfamiliar controls. Accuracy against such small targets may prove difficult at this range so he just lets off a salvo with the hope of suppressing the enemy enough to turn the tide.

:ooc: I'm really not sure what modifiers to apply here. Sam's BAB for ranged is +6. He has low-light vision with his enhanced sensors, but I assume the Aegis provides this as well. Non-proficiency with heavy weapons? Computer aided-targeting? I'll just give you the roll...

Sam uses his Swift and Move actions to aim at the closest foe before unleashing the full fury of the Aegis' guns with his Standard action:
Roll d20+6 ,+/- modifiers

= 13 + 6 (+/-?)

ZehnWaters

Britton stood for half-second, stunned as the blaster bolts ripped through him, but upon seeing his enemy flee he switched into automatic pilot and pushing the pain away, made to follow Hack.  Up ahead Britton briefly saw flashes in the shadows as Jasper fired his gun.

"Die," Britton growled through gritted teeth as he trained his weapon on Hack and pulled the trigger.

Britton is:
Move - Running towards the exit
Standard - Shoot
Swift - Second Wind

Force Point Roll(1d6)+0: 3+0=3
+
Attack Roll(1d20)+6: 20+6-3=23
Total: 26
Damage Roll(3d8)+2: (18+2)x2=40
:ooc:"Ha!  Take that Bembridge Scholars!"

BrianM

Oct 02, 2009, 01:26 PM #5 Last Edit: Oct 02, 2009, 02:05 PM by BrianM
Brim collapsed backwards into the doorway, grunting with pain as the energy bolts ripped through his clothing and flesh. The smoking form of Dan lay beside him. Momentarily out of the line of sight of their attacker, Brim checked Dan for signs of life, but found none. With a sigh, the Rodian picked up Dan's comlink. "Aegis, this is Brim, Dan and I are pinned in the front door of the med facility. The shooter is in the edge of the forest near the front entrance to the house. Would appreciate some cover fire ... oh, and there's an evil Jedi out there as well."

Brim grabbed Dan's heavier blaster and quickly belted it on, then prepared to carry his lifeless friend out the door when cover fire arrived. "Whatever happens, my friend, I'm not letting you drop into the ocean with this house. You deserve better than that."

:ooc: When the cover fire happens (or the house starts to collapse if that happens first), Brim will run out the door with Dan on his back, along the house away from their attacker (hopefully making it to the wooded area in front of the staff residence).

sdrotar

Quote from: BrianM on Oct 02, 2009, 01:26 PM
"Aegis, this is Brim, Dan and I are pinned in the front door of the med facility. The shooter is in the edge of the forest near the front entrance to the house. Would appreciate some cover fire ... oh, and there's an evil Jedi out there as well."

"Did you hear that, Sam?"
Caden shouted into the comlink. He knew the droid wasn't built for this, but now he didn't need to be.

"Rip the whole damn forest down!"
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Oct 04, 2009, 03:05 PM #7 Last Edit: Oct 04, 2009, 04:01 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Don... sorry about that! You did ask me if Sam would get any benefit's with his attempt at the Aegis's guns... and the answer is yes. I am giving a +2 favorable circumstance mod (see below for the results - I included a Force Point roll from Sam on the attack). Understand, this is my first time trying to put together vehicle combat attacking on character level so this may need tweaked - needless to say, it has been a real bitch trying to understand the rules! There is crap on the ship stat blocks that I don't know if we need or not, but if someone sees an error in my posting, let me know. I have broken it down to the absolute mundane...

The Aegis cannot Auto-fire, and it's weapons do not have a Splash effect, so the attack is direct against Jasper.

Gregg... great shot!! Pegged yourself a clone trooper!

Sam plugs into the computer and brings guns online (Round 5); aims and fires (Round 6):
Swift action x2 (traded move action) -
Aim (negates any cover from the forest)
Standard action - fire guns
Jasper 23 RC +3 (+6 -5 non-pro +2 fav circum), Veh Int mod +4, Range mod +0
-------------------------
Roll d20+6 +1 = 13 + 7 = 20 +3 (Force point) = 23 SUCCESS [Damage Roll(4d10)+0: 10,5,8,6,+0 Total:29 x 2 = 58! Jasper is killed instantly]

Sam's processor began to work multiple routines of data as it entered into his system from both his eyes and his link with the Aegis. The ship's computer heightened his own already efficient system through use of its sensors. He literally was able to see the entire area as if it were day and there was no tree cover.

Outside the ship, the lower turret became animated and it tracked in on the location where Jasper stood just outside the house. Sam aimed through his computer screen reticule, zooming in on his target just before squeezing off a shot.

The belly of the Aegis flared red and the driveway was filled with the awful sound of the twin laser cannon mount firing. In mere moments, the treeline where Jasper had stood erupted in a burst of dirt, flame, and broken timber. When the debris settled, there was no sign left of the clone ever being there.

Inside the mansion, Britton watched his blaster bolt strike the back of Hacks' helmet, sending the trooper to the floor. Reeling in his own pain, Rand felt the satisfaction of taking down his target, but the smile left his face as he saw the clone begin to slowly move. Shakily, Hacks drew himself up unclipping a grenade from his bandolier, as he did. That was when Sam's attack struck Jasper causing the ground and the sliding mansion to buckle and throw everyone off their footing.