• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 10:57 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Mansion attack - round 3

Started by tomcat, Sep 17, 2009, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 17, 2009, 01:24 PM Last Edit: Sep 17, 2009, 05:10 PM by tomcat
Situation: Ranie's mansion is attacked. Caden and Sam have fired up the Aegis and are flying to the driveway area of the compound (this will take a total of 4 rounds, starting at round 2, to fire up the ship, move it and set it down - and yes, Shawn, there is plenty of room on the drive. Ranie had the platform set away from his property to reduce noise. So, starting round 6, the Aegis will be landed, or hovering, on/over the drive.)

Situational Modifiers: none.

Physical Modifiers: It is night time and -2 darkness penalty applies for all actions (n/a for Med Facility) unless the PC has special ability/equipment (troopers have low-light vision headgear); any map corner that represents a wall may be used as cover; furnishings will offer limited cover based on the weapon

Britton is at a disadvantage to Hacks due to elevation, -3 cover penalty to direct-fire attacks.

Initiative:
Shade 26
Hacks 18
Brim 15
Britton 11
Jasper 11
Qinos 9
Sam and Caden - n/a, flying the ship to drive (3 more rounds to land)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

ZehnWaters

Britton is going to move one square...uh...South?  The downward direction according to how the map is oriented.  There he will spent two swift actions in preparation to move up the condition track (he'll use one swift action at the beginning of the fourth round to finish this action).

Britton, knowing his injuries were severe enough, decided to head for cover and moved behind the wall to the right of the staircase.  There he started to get himself back together.

tomcat

Sep 17, 2009, 07:29 PM #2 Last Edit: Sep 17, 2009, 07:31 PM by tomcat
Seeing the base of the stairs momentarily cleared of enemies thanks to his grenade, Hacks transmitted via his helmet to Jasper, "Jas... I think it is time we leave this place!"

The two clones turned to run down the hall of Ranie's mansion, towards the main door that would take them out. As they ran, the two pulled grenades from their bandoliers and tossed them behind, aiming at no one in particular, but making sure anyone that followed would be in trouble.

In the med facility, Shade heard the communique between the two soldiers and realized it was time. He drew back from Dan, keeping his saber at the ready, but then raised his hand to grab Qinos with the Force in a cruel, deadly grip. From the corner where he kept cover, Brim heard nasty popping noises, and awful grunts of pain, emanating from his friend as bones were cracked.

Shade attacks Dan
Move - backs up 6 squares towards west wall.
Swift - none.
Standard - Use the Force - Force Grip on Qinos.
DC 15-25 dmg based on result UTF +15
-------------------------
Roll(1d20)+15: 20,+15 Total:35 NOW THAT WAS BRUTAL! [damage = Roll(6d6)+0: 5,2,6,6,2,1,+0Total:22]

Dan is lowered to 17 HP and reduced by 1 on the condition track. Shade's Force Grip is immediately returned to his suite due to natural 20.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Outside of Ranie's mansion, the sensors on the explosive devices planted by Jasper engaged. Internal timers began a countdown that would soon bring the whole mansion down into the sea... that is if Jasper and Hacks did their job right.

:ooc: Okay, feel free to finish this round based on your initiatves, all of the bad guys may still be engaged if you want to move to do so.

tomcat

Quote from: ZehnWaters on Sep 17, 2009, 07:24 PM
Britton is going to move one square...uh...South?  The downward direction according to how the map is oriented.  There he will spent two swift actions in preparation to move up the condition track (he'll use one swift action at the beginning of the fourth round to finish this action).

:ooc: Sorry Gregg, next time I will include directionals on the maps I give you guys. That will definitely make it easier for you all.

Feel free to edit your actions as you want, now that you have the bad guy actions posted.

ZehnWaters

:ooc: Threw the grenades behind them as in down the stairs?  Or threw them behind them as in on the upper floor.  Also how many squares have they fled (yes, this will change my subsequent actions).

tomcat

:ooc: Threw the grenades behind them in the hall upstairs, as they ran.

BrianM

:ooc: If the Shade is leaving, then I don't think I need any rolls for this ...

Brim knew that he and Dan were overmatched by the cloaked figure. From his vantage point, he watched their attacker move away, then witnessed the terrible power of the attack on Dan. His thoughts only of escape, the Rodian broke cover and ran to his friend, grabbed him and dragged him back down the stairs. He dearly hoped the cloaked figure had decided it wasn't worth finishing the job.

ZehnWaters

:ooc: Are we waiting for someone?  I already acted this round.

watanabe

:ooc:

Sorry I was out of town for the last 3 days.  Should I get Kara's drugged up butt out of the fresher, and into combat?  ;D

tomcat

Sep 22, 2009, 07:38 AM #10 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2009, 08:17 AM by tomcat
:ooc: You might want to have her react to the noise coming from the place, cause she might end up in the ocean if these explosives go off.  ;)

Sorry Gregg, I was thinking you still needed to act. I will post the round 4 thread.